R.j.Elsewhere

꧁ i write for myself ꧂

18
Italian
Bi
Catholic but also a witch(?)

Would really appreciate a peer view, this piece needs a new set of eyes on it to figure out all the iffy bits

The Poetress and Her Muse (Republished for Peer Views)

5
We bathe in the milk the moon drips and fall into love, again. Together with lips, swollen and locked, we manifest a space where only we exist. It is as if the heavens were to seal the air were our mouths meet, with silver wax and gold clay. 

We drink and you hallucinate; my halo, my grace. It’s the way my hair curls and ringlets, you say, which captures my holy. 

You believe that black women were sculpted from an ancient, starless night-sky. And I smile and agree. For it is us and our sister’s rights to hold starlight between our teeth. Our right to decide whether or not lost desert-men find their way through the thickest, cruelest of twilight. We decide their fate, their futures. It is our hands which hold the diplomacy of the great constellations, and it is Black Women who hold the power that could guide the sailors and seamen who dare try to conquer both land and sea. They don’t all survive. The zodiacs which stain the bellies of our palms an starlight white, say so be it to their destruction and demise.

It is the time after we bathe that is somewhat more of an intimate affair.

Together we lay naked in a bed of rose petals and sheep’s wool, where we read poems of lost and hidden lore. Tales about creations, do we love. For it is said that before God gave her hands to Michelangelo and all the other useless white men, her last image of true beauty were the marble minds and bodies of women. We continue to dine on writings envied by time and stolen by languages long dead, but we are more then divine. These details we drink are our birthrights. They flow in a gentle art down our minds and to our open thighs. Archaic knowledge lay like the honey and sweet between our legs.

A finger or three and that too, flows. But with you, and the nude of your nails, but black of your eyes, it rather raptures than flows. And I collapse, like an old star, in bliss and blessing. By the time you are done with me, I am but a violent wreckage, and you take me in your arms and have me sink. There is nothing gentle when we are tangled together in moments of love. 

Only passion and magic and myth. 

For you, dear, I am so full of our love I can barely eat. But how can I say no when it is your hands that chooses to feed me? So, carry on - let your fingers, the slim, pretty ones, part the full of my lips. Have them stuff my cheeks fat with honeycomb and fig. I want to taste the prints of your fingers along my wet, sticky tongue. 

The torture of angels... you claim love to be in a world poisoned by the law and word of Man. But I could not care whether love with a man is the torment of feathered holy-things, things with a countless amount of eyes that glow in the hot fiery of unforgiving  and justice. I am too busy to think about anything or any man.

Why would my mind conjure something so sour and concrete, when I could, instead, be full and drunk on the sweet and soft of you? 

My dear poetress.

I am too busy mouthing the dark stretch of skin between your breasts. Too busy sucking even darker marks at the warm, pulse of your neck. 

I am too busy loving and being loved by you, to care about the world. 

So, my little dove-love of lyric and song; tell me something. 

Whisper it, in the shell of my pierced ear. So quiet - mouse-quiet, that if others were around to see, they would believe your words hold treason in the highest degree. 

That the only love letter, only poem, you will ever write, will be printed with teeth marks and inked with barely-there kisses, and, that it is my skin which you treat and use as paper to ode this declaration of forever-pure, romantic affection. 

Whisper me this, and I will rumour to you that it is only you, and you alone, who I take to bathe in the moon’s milk with. That it is you, and only you - even in this age of condemning law, that I choose to defy the God of Man for.

Let our love write a path and promise to future women and to those who own their hearts. Let them never forget the only true lovers of the 7th century.

For, I would rather take hold of my ribcage and let it split in two and have the world bare witness of my bare, taken heart, and have them read aloud the name chiseled upon the glass, red flesh of it. 

For, how could I let the world forget such a clever, little beauty as you?

My Dear Soppho.
The need for inspiration makes the writers, even one as good as Sappho. Also, if you don’t know who Sappho is, please pick up a textbook. She’s basically an ancient OG member of the LGBTIAQ+ community, and some would go so far to say, founder of the Lesbianism. Plus, a fucking goddamn beautiful poet. 

1

• Starlitskies

You see, I've read this piece before, but didn't have the mindset to comment or even like it. I was that dumbfounded! I found this piece to be built on a foundation of love and vulnerability and the sensuality is so powerful that, tbh, it scares me! It's so vulnerable, clear and candid to the point I feel like an intruder within your words, prying open what I'm not meant to see. And to believe that you've done all that with just words, to believe that you've laced all those emotions within this piece. That is simply marvellous! Simply beautiful! <3

• everythingbagel (the cliffhanger goddess)

Wow.
    Just..wow.

• Halopoet

I literally started reading this with the will of writing a review but I know all I would write in the review are appreciative lines to tell you how beautiful this piece is. I dont find anything offensive, wrong, bad whatever in any of the lines you wrote. The topic was perfect and the writing was perfect and you're just as good a writer as Sappho was. The whole point of the comment was that I love this.

• Halopoet

Thanks. Im glad you enjoyed it. My fellow writers' support is what influences my writing so thanks for the support.