Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Reference my piece "The Four Temperament Types" for more information.

The Internal Monologues of Those Who Are Split Between Two Opposite Temperament Types

16

For the Sanguine-Melancholies (and Melancholic-Sanguines)

Sanguine: Yayyy let's go run around in that field and have fun!!
Melancholy: No! We have responsibilities and an image to uphold.
Sanguine: Uhhh, what were those responsibubblies again?
Melancholy: I told you to remember that! Okay, let's get out our list.
Sanguine: About that... I may have forgotten to make one.
Melancholy: Ugh, you're the reason we never get anything done right.
Sanguine: Well, I'm also the only reason we ever have any fun! Like that one time when we spent the whole night writing poetry and listening to music. I love doing that. And I know you do too. As much as you like to go on and on about order, I think you like music. And poetry! Something about nice lines and editi--
Melancholy: Stay on topic!
Sanguine: Right! Topic! Um, what were we talking about again?
Melancholy: Seriously? We were going to make a list of things we should do. You know, planning things. You're never prepared, and it bugs me.
Sanguine: Hey, that's not very nice! Hmmm isn't that the name of someplace in France? I like Fra--
Melancholy: Okay, I give up.

For the Phlegmatic-Cholerics (and Choleric-Phlegmatics)

Phlegmatic: Ahhh, this show is so good.
Choleric: Yeah, but we really should be working right now.
Phlegmatic: But you made me do so much today! I don't wanna.
Choleric: Yes, but that's because there was so much to get done. I actually like working.
Phlegmatic: Haven't you ever heard of self-care?
Choleric: Work is caring for ourselves and others.
Phlegmatic: You're so boring. Okay, let's decide what we should do.
Choleric: Decide? I've already decided. We need to clean the bathrooms.
Phlegmatic: I don't know about that. We just cleaned them recently. How about we vacuum? That's easier anyway. Of course, it's more obvious when the bathroom is dirty. But we won't have guests here for a while... Choleric? Where'd you go?
Choleric: While you were wasting your time thinking, I just did both jobs myself. You're welcome.
Phlegmatic: Oh. Can we rest now?
Choleric: Yeah, I guess so. I feel a little guilty sitting still, but we've earned it.
Phlegmatic: Thanks. A nice cup of tea and a psychology book sounds nice.
Choleric: Oh, I was thinking we'd go out with friends. Maybe hit up the bowling alley.
Phlegmatic: Nope! I am not doing that. I don't have the energy right now. My foot is down.
Choleric: Ah, okay. If you say so. I suppose reading could be fun, too.
This is more information about the temperament types.
Even if it's a bit lighthearted, it's definitely serious writing that I worked really hard on.
I would've posted this under the prompt "All Talk", but I've already used that once.
Keep in mind that this is a characterization of the four temperaments. I exaggerated to more clearly illustrate their differences and keep this piece more humorous.
Also, take my second illustration with a grain of salt, as I don't have much Choleric or Phlegmatic in me. For those who happen to have both, feel free to correct me in the comments.
I hope I didn't portray any of these temperaments as better or worse than the others. They're all just unique in different ways.

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

This is really funny! I always have two different sides in my brain arguing with each other, literally (I figured out that it's because I'm a Gemini). Keep on writing!

This is really funny. I didn't know much about the four temperaments before this, but now I do...I guess I'd probably be mostly choleric.
    RE: Thank you! I'm still trying to figure out where all the characters in the book are going, but when I get the paths untangled I'll probably post chapters on Light.

• anemoia by a thread

Re: well that's cool that your fam is all four types! also, you're a twin?! you prob get this question a lot, but... what's it like? is your twin on wtw also?
    i def consider your area to be norcal if you're sac or farther north. i'm about 3-3.5 hrs north of sac. also walnut orchard sounds pretty cool, like something that could be in a story! i hope they don't get rid of too many of those historic trees...

• anemoia by a thread

I just love this! I think you've started a trend... this is so interesting. I have to say, the names of the temperaments themselves are not particularly attractive. (Phlegmatic? I mean, really?) But the history behind it is pretty cool. and I know it stems from old medical practices/traditions. Can you do this with all of the combos, maybe?
    Re: sorry this is kinda late. yeah, i think we talked about living in cali in another piece of yours, a little while ago. go norcal! and i mean norcal, not like bay area. I forget that the bay area and sac are considered norcal most of the time. an orchard?! like an old, hundred year kind of orchard? because i adore that. i would tell you where i lived, because i bet we're sort of near each other, but... yk. it's the internet. caution and all that, even tho i know you're a real, normal person.

I'm so glad you like my Enneagram piece! I published a part 2, and I would love if you could check it out!

• lochnessie

hahah i love this
    re: <3

This is hilarious! I'm a phlegmatic-melancholic, so I unfortunately cannot relate, I still love this!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Ya know, maybe I’m Phlegmatic too? *sigh* Why is self-assessment so hard?!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Wow, this is interesting!

• Minvra

Re: I feel like this now tbh. It's difficult trying to write since school drains most of my energy. Trying to figure out how to conserve it because clearly doing all but one classwork in the morning and leaving one in the afternoon doesn't work. Which leads to my next point, I probably have a Choleric side of my brain.

• In Which Yaya Writes

I literally have never heard of this XD. But I don't have social media, so I guess that solves the problem XD. But this is kinda cool! The "Sanguine" reminds me of Pinkie Pie XD. I think I'm a mix of the last two, but I literally have no idea. Great piece!
    Replying: Thank you! I was trying to figure out how to write it, but I have a plan for why she has a book XD. Wow, really?! I can't wait to go to the library XD. I want to read them so badly! I've heard they have less cussing than the movies, and I'm glad for that XD.
    My uncle told me that (but he hasn't read the books) but he liked the last one. I almost always do the movie first, books second, and I know it's wrong ;( XD. Harry Potter, LOTRs, Maze Runner... Except for the Hunger Games. I still haven't seen the movie. But I think I'll still watch the last movie XD.
    Yes, Newt is probably my all-time favorite. I'm hoping he doesn't die and rip my heart out like Chuck's death did.
    Thanks again!

• Just_A_Memory

This is so my freaking brain! xD I'm obsessed with these! Gg!

• Minvra

The second sounds like a perfectionist mixed with procrastinator, "I want to do something more interesting." Like oil and water.

lmao that sounds like us 24/7. nice writing
    -Kai