Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, a good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

The Four Temperament Types

13

Since several people have asked me about the temperament types over the last couple of days, I thought I'd group it all into a little informative piece. If you really want to learn in-depth facts about the temperaments, there are several books on the topic.

The four temperament types are, in short, personality types that are used to categorize people. They are melancholic, choleric, sanguine, and phlegmatic. Temperaments are different than personalities, however, in that you are born with the former, but the latter can adapt and change throughout your life.
    Melancholies (like me) can be somewhat intense. They're often serious and are very logic-based and detail-oriented. They tend to like plans, routines, and lists. Melancholies feel emotions strongly in a stable way (meaning for a long period of time). They are extremely perfectionistic. They have potential to take criticism too personally, but can also be a bit too critical of themselves and others due to their perfectionism.
    Common careers: Accountant, musician, researcher...
    Cholerics are definitely intense. They are all about leadership and can have trouble understanding that their way isn't the best way. This isn't because they're necessarily arrogant, but rather that their way just seems so right to them (and often is). They love to save the day. Cholerics are extremely stubborn, and when they want to achieve a goal, they absolutely will achieve it, because they're very task-minded. They can also struggle with criticism.
    Common careers: Entrepeneur, CEO, lawyer...
    Sanguines (my second type that's almost equal to my first) are usually quite lively. They love excitement, adventure, and laughter. They can be forgetful with details, as they're more focused on creativity and the big picture. Many of them are entertainers. Being the center of attention is wonderful to them. Their emotions are strong yet fleeting and constantly fluctuating.
    Common careers: Comedian, salesman, marketing agent...
    Last but not least, Phlegmatics are diplomatic to the core. They're thoughtful, calm, and people-pleasers. Most everyone likes them due to their distaste towards rocking the boat, making them less likely to offend people. They are less prone to things like road rage, as they start speculating about *why* that person might have cut them off. This doesn't make them perfect however. When they don't want to do something, they're quite stubborn and must be calmly encouraged and persuaded, or they could get very frustrated. They're not usually very fast decision-makers, because they don't want to have made the wrong choice (this aggravates the quick-thinking Choleric).
    Common careers: Psychology, nursing, assistant.

To find out your temperament type, you can take an online assessment. My favorite is by open psychometrics, but there are several out there.
Sources

Most of this piece draws on my memory of Florence Littauer's book, Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself.

For supplemental potential careers: https://www.cleverism.com/temperament-type-can-influence-career/

Ha! I took the test and ended up phlegmatic. Last one I expected (I don't see myself in nursing). That's kinda funny though.

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow, this is a great description! I feel like I’m maybe a Sanguine, but I’m not completely sure. Do you have an opinion on what you think I am? It’s probably kind of hard to tell since we’ve not met in person...

• ~madeline~

This is great!! I took the two different tests and in both I was pretty equally phlegmatic and sanguine. I'm not sure which one is really dominant... probably depends on whether I'm actually extroverted or introverted.... I can never decide XD

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Haha! That they can! And aw, thank you! When I was younger, I absolutely hated my waves, but I've learned to appreciate them. They can be hard to manage sometimes, but it's worth it :D

• Just_A_Memory

re: I changed it.. again xD Both look reaaaally similar to me, tbh. One with my natural hair, and the other (The current one) when I semi-straighten it

• Just_A_Memory

Re: You and I really are that way, aren't we xD That's so cool!

• Just_A_Memory

I have a little of everything, but if I had to say which I'm closer to, definitely Choleric. Phlegmatic after that.

Reading this, I feel like I have elements of every one! Thanks for writing this up! A little perfectionist, a planner, not great with criticism, a little over critical of others, thinking i'm usually right, liking to be in charge, a little people-pleasing, bad at making decisions quickly... But Sanguine, mostly. XD
    Oh and on the rural area thing—i think of my area as fairly rural, just because it's conservative and there's a lot of farmland and ranches and because the opinions/votes of my area are pretty much void when compared to socal (when considered on a national scale.) boots, wranglers, and ball caps are pretty standard at any time of the year at my school for at least 20-25% of people. it feels like a small area, even if it's technically pretty big.

Yay! I'm a Phlegmatic and Melancholic. I really like these personality types!

I did one on Enneagram types like a million years ago; I would love if you could check it out!

Also, take the enneagram test! Truity has an accurate one, though it is quite long. But it's worth it!