~madeline~

euphoria fashioned from stanzas of

disillusionment

est. 8.19.20

KOTLC anyone??

When The Next Book In A Series Is Just A Half... (SHANNON MESSENGER I'M TALKING TO YOU!!!!)

5
Early spring.
Me: Ooh. I should read this book series, it looks fun and I have a lot of time... I mean....cOrOnAvIrUs...

Book: Sup. 

Me: Sweet this looks good. I mean. Who doesn't love a telepathic main character. 

Book: Yep gotcha. 

Me: *reads 500 pages in one night*
       Yeah, that was pretty good. I NEED BOOK TWO NOW!!!!

Book 2: Hey yo. I'm here. 

Me: *reads books 2 and 3 in the same day*
       Oh-kaaayy... Slightly obsessed. Book 3?

Book 3: Chill girl. 

Book 4: So maybe don't stay up till 2 AM tommorow...?

Book 5: Yeah not gonna happen. But would you mind not smashing the gnats that gather around your nightlight INTO MY PAGES!?!?!? I'm getting DiRtY.

Books 6: Girl... I appreciate the attention, but... You know what, let's not mention that homework.  

Book 7: Uhhh... Best book right here. I mean, catastrophes, crises, and plenty of time with our favorite healer. Not to mention some major ship time.... So girl... Don't rush me. Take it sloooooowwwlllyyy. 

Book 8: Yeah, you should have listened to 7. Now you're stuck with a Major cliffhanger... And in deep, deep, deep, post series depression... Tough luck. Don't say we didn't warn you. 

Me: Ugghhhhhhhhhhh.... Unfinished series!?!?!?!? I hate this so much... Lemme check when the next book comes out.... 
hmmm... NOVEMBER 17TH????? NOOO... Well, it could actually be worse... Wait... Does that say book 8.5? Wait what? Okay so not a full book?

November 17th, 2020.
Me: Finalllyyyyy heree!!!!! Must fix the cliffhanger!! And it doesn't look that short. 

Book 8.5: Gurl! Sup! I'm 700 pages! But only 200 are actually book! The rest is repeat of old stuff!!!!!

Me: Okay... But the not from the author says it's still good.

Book 8.5: SuRe.

Me: *finishes the book in a day*
       Uh... Just so you know. I'm mad. at YOU BOOK 8.5... I'm not even gonna start talking to you SHANNON MESSENGER!!!! How dare you write 200 pages with such an evil cliffhanger and give me basically no information on all the things I wanted to know about!!!! YOU JUST MADE ME WAIT FOR SIX MONTHS FOR NOTHING!!! I mean, not really nothing it was still amazing but I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS TREASON YOU HAVE DONE TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Book 8.5: 

Me:

Shannon Messenger: Ummm.... Bye?

Me: Write quickly... OR ELSE!!!!
OKay... It's not actually that bad. I mean it is. Like, why spend a year writing a random book of "specials" when you could be finishing your series? But there were some great moments and some stuff a lot of people are going to like reading... So I would still recommend, but I kinda wish I could buy the novella separately. 

I better head out or else Imma give some major spoilers and no one wants that XD

THAT CLIFFHANGER!!! oihgoapiho;ijosdfij

EVERYBODYSKIGIOIAOIG AIHG

Stop now Madeline... Really

*SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT FOR KOTLC #8.5: UNLOCKED*
    OH MY GOSH YES YES YES YES UGGGHHHHH I FEEL YOU I WAS DISAPPOINTED SO GLAD I FOUND THIS PIECE CAN WE RANT AND FANGRIL?! EVERYONE ELSE, JUST IGNORE THESE COMMENTS. may contain spoilers.
    i mean, the series guide was cool, i guess. and i'm curious about three of the female councillors: ramira, zarina, and liora. and the map is epic. and why is brant's last name redacted? and keefe's commentary was great and all. and i loved the art. but...
    it was NOT ENOUGH BOOK! and one of my kotlc fan friends irl pointed out that it just kept spiraling downward, getting more hopeless and depressing. there were not many high points or wins. and dex finally got his page time and bonding with lord hunkyhair, but... in an awful way, ofc. ahhhhhh that was the most emotional scene for me in all the books so far. (when they're talking on the imparter)

• mindfruit (hiatus)

haven't gotten the book yet heh, but I swear waiting for a book to come out is the worst feeling ever. especially if it's not even a book.
    Re: Oh, that's interesting. what's being homeschooled like? and yeah that preschool was...~shakes head vigorously~ Anyways, an Adolin backstory would be awesome, but i think we learned everything about him in the dalinar backstory. I think my least favorite character is a tie between moash, sadeas, amaram, or taravangian. How about you?

• doodleninja

this is hilarious! I love the formatting of this XD
    I haven't read 8.5 yet, but I too am thoroughly confused at the purpose of Unlocked :/
    it's been such a long time since I've read Legacy tho, and honestly I've forgotten most of it, whoops. I guess I'll benefit from the all the repeated stuff in Unlocked XD

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: NUUUUU IMMA GO KILL SHANNONNNNNN

• sci-Fi

I've never read the series but like WHY would she make an 8.5????

• (sk)eyesofocher

IM ONLY ON THE THIRD BOOK BUT I WILL STILL SHOOT THAT WOMAN IF SHE DOES ANYTHING TO KEEFE OR DEX I WILL GET IN MY CAR AND DRIVE TO THE BEACH AND FIND HERRRR