cosmicteacups

I'm never sure what to write in bio's, which is funny, because I like writing. I also like tea. And the word cosmic, so there you go.

The Graveyard

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

1
What am I doing here? Ella wondered. No matter how hard she tried she always seemed to return right to this spot, as if she was stuck in an endless loop of sleeping, eating, going to school and then, finally, coming here: the graveyard. The trees had changed since last time. Where once the leaves were just starting to turn a rusty orange they were now a dull, lifeless brown, heaped up in piles along the sides of the wide tarmac path in an attempt to keep the track clear. It wasn't working. Humans were powerless here, though at first glance it didn't seem like it, with the neat, orderly rows of mottled grey graves of marble and stone, interspersed with the bright yellows and pinks of shop-bought flowers bundled up in their crinkled plastic packaging as if it could protect them from their inevitable slow death. There were even birds chirping merrily in the trees. But if you looked closer you could see the tree roots creeping in, rupturing the tarmac as they came sneaking up for air, gasping for a release, and when you listened closer the chirps sounded more like screams... What am I doing here? Ella wondered. 
Okay so I'm ninety percent sure this doesn't follow the prompt and I definitely didn't intend for it to get this dark but I'm going with it!

1