mirkat

est. 10/15/20
14│INFP-A│poet│old soul

i've always fallen in love with the ideas of people.

have an ineffable day! look at my message board!
i can't express how much i love it here...

<3<3<3

you, my lucky friend, have entered into my mind...

how to describe myself? weird, funny, kind, and (sometimes) unstable (to the point of explosion).

say hi to wtw friends (& lunch buddies): sci-fi, lochnessie, birdyofprey, abby.a, paisley blue, almost flora kane, rwong, sunv, and ambedo & sugar cookies (#holidayvibes)

collections: stardust (poetry 6 parts), these altered truths (poetry 3 parts)

“I’ve always liked quiet people: You never know if they’re dancing in a daydream or carrying the weight of the world.” - John Green, Looking for Alaska

fav musical artists: Sleeping at Last, Dodie, The Beatles

eyes

14

you look--
tears streak down my face
they are sunken, tired, lifeless my narrow face.
bland. 

you analyze--
        can see the sorrow and pain etched there.
        eyelids heavy, just wanting to close.
        i wince.

and then you tilt your head--
                    underneath everything, under the weight of life,

you see that in another lifetime--
they sparkle. 
they are a glimmer, a slice, a piece of who i am.
who i want to be. who i want to forget.
dark chocolate. flecks of gold.
long eyelashes open wide with curiosity, 
wonder, sometimes even joy.

you nod--
                   i blink. once. twice.
                   maybe i will learn to wink again.

feeling a bit down lately... that's okay. it'll get better. i am okay. ya' know when the rain comes down and it's a beautiful thing but it's also dreary and gray and your cold and just want to have a cup of tea and take a nap with your cat and a book?

inspired by the great lochnessie and her piece "raninchild". 

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: Aw thank you so so much!! You are so sweet! I want to get to know you better too! :)

• greentealeaf

re: thank you so much haha i really appreciated your kind words (and tips <3)

• lochnessie

and re: thank youuu <333

• lochnessie

rahhh mir this is gorgeous! i hope you feel better soon dear. definitely what i want - exHAUSTED from exams right now. sending hugs and lamingtons <3

• Wisp

Oh the imagery here is astounding. I really related to the whole eye analyzation and the way you portrayed it since my eyes have eyebags sunken into them as well (I will admit they're not as bad as you may think) And the shift from negative to positive was so profound and deeply touching, I just adore the two comparisons and the way you took it was so brilliant. I hope you feel better! And I hope you know it's okay to take things slow sometimes too ;)
    Replying: (Disclaimer - Ignore the irony in my above comment to you in relation to this.) I remember the first time you commented on a piece of mine and I was so thrilled to see a new face such as yourself! And I've seen how you've grown on this site and you are such a positive influence here. Your genuineness and your sweetness are so dear. And your words of encouragement just make me feel so warm inside and I cannot thank you enough for them, they truly mean a lot when I'm currently processing a lot. And we may hardly know each other, but I can tell you are just the sweetest most encouraging person. Thank you so much for your words, they truly left an impact on me.

• rwong

woahhhh this is so good!!!!! it's like vivid, but it's not describing the eyes themselves, but what's behind it. and it's gorgeous like that. awww i'm so sorry you've been feeling down. anything i can do? you're not alone and i'm right there with you (seriously...check out my piece "silent shudders"). sending all my love and hugs <3 <3 <3 from nor cal, to nor cal <3 <3

• abby.a

AHHH i'm obsessed with this!! just as i am with dear nessie's! i just really love how different people describe eyes... is that weird??? oh, well i like it anyway. and i'm sorry you've been feeling down... i get it. here's to feeling better <3

Re: No need to be embarrassed about anything!

Wow, this really did make me think of poetic drizzles and Ness' piece, so wonderful job communicating that so nicely.
    Oh, and in regards to your footnotes: I'm sorry you've been feeling down. And it's okay if you're not okay.

Re: Thank you! I just realized how the leash line comes across lol. No, I don't have any pets, but I really wish I had at least one dog and maybe a cat or two, and Shiloh is a pretty name for a person or a dog so yeah that's where that came from.

(The straight-A student cringes at that run-on sentence but I'm too lazy to fix it)

Wow... this is beautiful! Hope you feel better <33 I definitely get it. I blame it on the change of seasons ;)
    If you ever need to talk, I'm always here!! :)