rwong

~average teen writer/poet~
lover of historical fiction books (especially WWII)
dog lover
pianist
musical lover

joined september 19, 2020

have a great day!! thx to JMKittyCat for reviewing <3 <3 check her out!

silent shudders

7
mother tells me to stop crying/ stop crying/ stop crying/ stopcrying/ stopcryingstopcryingstopcrying/

for
        the
            thousandth
                    time
                        stop crying
and with each bitter word/ she spits out in disgust and disappointment/ my sobs turn silent/ and yet they quicken/ my shoulders shudder/ each breath/ each shallow gasp for air/ does not fill my lungs/ i continue to shudder/ i dare not take a deep breath/ for fear of a miniature earthquake/ wrecking my body/ 
    stop crying
        stop crying
            stop crying

eventually i no longer hear her words/ tears reduced to silent shudders/ yet they are amplified in my thoughts/ echoing in my mind/ with deafening loudness/ you are a failure/ you are a failure/
    you are a failure
        you are a failure
            you
                are
                    a
                        failure

my sobs continue to wreck my body/ i can no longer hear/ anything save for my silent shudders/ it is silent/ i cannot hear/ in a shaky breath i whisper in defiance/
    you are not a failure
        you are enough 

sorry y'all had to read that it's been a rough few days 

1

• crystalline•galaxies

i know this is an older piece, but it really caught my eye. it's so emotional and shows thought very, very well. as i was looking through your pieces, i was just astounded at how talented you are at writing poetry using slashes. i've never been all too good at that, and i'm surely going to be drawing some inspiration and tips from your pieces in order to get better at that (if you don't mind!).
    re: i can't tell you how much your comment touched me. i was very nervous about posting a more personal piece, but that gave me a confidence boost. i hope you have a lovely day in return!

wow... i feel bad that i missed this, but it is still stunning. Hope you're doing better <333

Re: You too!

Re: Hey, I really appreciate that! It's kind of a lot of money though. I see that it's a sliding scale, but I still feel like I can't really justify having my parents pay a bunch of money just so I can enter a competition. Yeah, there are scholarship opportunities, but on paper, my family looks like we're doing just fine. Again, I appreciate the suggestion, but I think I'll just do it independently.

• lochnessie

oh gosh - sending hugs. you are enough. you are very very enough and then some. and re: thank you - he's a cutie :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awww thank you! Hi! So nice to meet you! I’m so excited to read more of your work and get to know you more! :)

• dead account

RE: the london cast recording is where it's at. the american version sucks; what made me mad is that it sort of made mockery of the fantastical philippa soo

• doodleninja

this is absolutely incredible! The formatting, the repetition, the short staccato phrases...it all conveys this one moment so well. Beautiful work!
    and no need to apologize at all! I actually recently went through something like this, so it was comforting to see I'm not alone XD