~madeline~

euphoria fashioned from stanzas of

disillusionment

est. 8.19.20

Sorry I've been mostly inactive this week guys. :) Just needed a little break, hopefully I'll start posting more soon...

addicted to these emotions

25

isn't writing just dancing with words?

i. 
        my movement is music/raw emotion flows through my body/tension through my muscles
            my leg climbs to the sky of its own accord

like i am addicted to emotion/i can't stop feeling/what isn't even my own
            cold concrete marks my bruised feet that promise they can overcome gravity
        and echoes/echoes/echoes
            "articulate your feet. straighten your knees. hold your back. turnout. keep your hip under"
        but the emotions that/are still so foreign/give me this feeling/elation?
            and my legs sculpt the space around me into millions of undiscovered fractals
        rules are made to/be broken/technique forgotten
            my arms drop/body slumps/legs collapse to the ground
        maybe once i learn/to follow rules/i must sometime surpass them

ii. 
        words flow more than music/raw emotion sculpted into/stanzas
            my hand shatters into smithereens trying to pour out the unknowable words

i can't stop the emotion/i want to feel/to cry/laugh/smile/i just can't stop
            the words flow through down the waterfall, stopped by nothing

and pounding/pounding/pounding
            "articulate the words. follow the rhyme. hold the meter."
        and i don't know how/these emotions can be so true/so mine/so unknown
            and the words define the space around me into spirals of brilliance

rules are made to/be broken/poetry pushed past boundaries
            the meter stutters/rhyme falters/line breaks

and sometimes you learn that the only way is to forget the rules

isn't writing just dancing with words?

the only difference is they manner they are conveyed through

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: <333

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: wow, that’s so cool! Thank you again!! And yayyyy, I’d love to see it!!! <3333

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aww, thank you!!! Really, so it is how you imagined? :D And YESSS I WOUOD LOVE TO SEE YOU! If you want to do that, of course!

don't have many braincells but this is absolutely gorgeous sda;kjasdf;f. take as much time for yourself as you need <3

Re: i see what you mean. the guide was really cool. i adored all the art. and all the keefeness. and i'm planning to reread to nitpick for secrets and clues. but i agree about waiting till the series was over. then all the info could be in it. but she and the publisher prob had reasoning. ooh, half siblings... i do wonder. i agree with you on the novella thing. it didn't feel complete at all. it didn't feel like it could stand alone; it was just the beginning. and now ANOTHER YEAR?!
    it was so so so hard to see keefe just keep spiraling down. and i missed his jokes so much! it felt wrong without them. (btw, what are your thoughts on ships?)
    i agree about the book as a whole. i enjoyed it, the cover is gorgeous, and it was still satisfying... just not as satisfying as, say, legacy after flashback.
    i also just ACHED for my precious cinnamon roll dex. and rex. like... no words. honestly, i think i might claim him as my fictional boyfriend. yeah, i love fred and george. yeah, leo valdez and frank zhang are some of my favorite characters in the riordanverse. oh, and carter. but dex... i actually think i'd get along w/him irl. (why am i talking about this?) also, i can't believe we have three of the same fandoms! you have all of my top fandoms!!! (hp, riordanverse, kotlc)
    have we talked about theories for sophie's father? if not, please discuss. (i've looked at the fandom page, and i really think the only easy possibility is gethen. blonde telepath who would def throw a wrench in their lives? sure. also, i'm very curious about gethen, umber, and trix. we don't have a lot of background on them. we know who vespera, gisela, fintan, brant (or we THOUGHT we knew him), ruy, and alvar are. we get stories for them. but the other three? oh and glimmer. i think she's either tam's mom, cousin, or older sister. but it seems like gethen, umber, and trix popped out of nowhere. so it would be relatively easy to fit gethen in as sophie's dad. anyway... any theories??? for anything???

Oh my gosh wow this is absolutely beautiful I’m just stream of consciousness screaming in awe rn. I adore this piece SO MUCH

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aww! Thank you so much! I kinda poured my heart into it, so it means a lot that you liked it! <33333

• Busssy.Beee

OH ME CHICEN!! HOW IS THIS SO PERFECT?!?! i 100% echo the comments below!!!!

• acrosstheuniverse28

I love this comparison between dance and writing! Just stunning! And I totally agree, once you learn and practice with the rules, you have to forget them and make it your own (with dance AND writing).
    Re: It definitely is weird I'm sure, but I'm glad you still get to learn a version of the pieces! We've been rehearsing the best we can with all the guidelines and quarantines happening, so we'll see what ends up happening with it all XD

• In Which Yaya Writes

WOW.... there are no words. Nothing I can say will articulate the sheer awe this piece gives the reader. My goodness, I love it so much! Can I quote this in the future?
    Replying: Oh, haha! That's one more than I've read XD. Same. Thank you so much! I LOVED writing it XD.

Oh my gosh this is freaking incredible! Every line is a picture and a revelation!

Re: Well, based on your comment, you're probably equally split like I am. And, you could be an ambivert. Extroverts get most of their energy from people, introverts usually need alone time to recharge, and ambiverts switch between the two frequently depending on their mood or the situation. Whichever sounds most like you (remember, even introverts and extroverts need balance) is probably what you are.

This piece is really beautiful. And writing isn't only dancing with words (LOVE THE WAY YOU WROTE THAT) but it's also having this deeeep relationship.
    Re- OMG!! I was about to title it skittles!! That's so funny.
    Idk either its such a heard choice

• midnight.summerrose

Re: thank you sooo much!! You’re so kind and sweet!! :)

• midnight.summerrose

Oh my days!! Wow! This is amazing!! So much talent here, it’s unbelievable!! :)
    I’ve just reached 50 followers, if you have time, can you check out my piece? :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: Aw, thank you! You really made my day! I’m so so happy and thankful to have you as a friend. You’re are so incredibly sweet! <33333333

• Rachaelgrace

This is beautiful!!

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Stunning piece! The emotions and the imagery were so perfect!

• dead account

aaaa my eyes have been blessed <3

• almost flora kane

sooooo pretty<3

• rwong

Ahhhhh I love this so much <3 <3

• doodleninja

absolutely stellar writing! the imagery and motion of this piece really did convey this sense of dancing. Love this!

i love how you are exploring emotion and rules and your own style through dance and writing-- both things i am sure you excel at!
    "words flow more than music/raw emotion sculpted into/stanzas
    my hand shatters into smithereens trying to pour out the unknowable words"
    beautiful. this hit me... love this so much <3<3<3