crystalline•galaxies

tuffy
any pronouns
infp-a | 4w5

this is, of course, about the lovely @sunny.v

she exists.

22
she exists.
she lives on, surviving the day again and again. 
a speck of dust in the wide expanse of the universe,
simply breathing in the fumes of reality.
and she's only one out of 7.594 billion people doing the same thing,
but if a tiny rock falls, does it not cause an avalanche? 

she exists.
her life is a song,
sung on the wings of the bluebirds
that flit and flutter across the sky.
if you open your shutters,
perhaps you can hear it.
it sounds like a violin and a viola.

she exists.
she finds beauty in the smallest things,
though isn't that what they always say?
perhaps it is a phrase that was created for her,
sealed with her name at the beginning of time.
keep that one reserved.
the poets know not who it's for. 

she exists.
words dance underneath her fingertips,
frosting the ends of her eyelashes.
they surround her head,
only sometimes getting tangled in her hair.

she exists.
she holds tears in little jars to wear around her neck,
little pieces of other's hurt
clutched tightly to a beating chest.
it's safe when it's under her care.

she exists.
she bleeds just like everyone else.
sometimes, it falls into the abyss,
but other times it is caught in the hands of the angels.
the angels decide to spare her,
for one kind soul is worth millions of corrupt ones.

she exists.
even if she sometimes forgets to drink water in the morning,
even if the world is crumbling at her feet,
even if a lifetime feels like infinity,

she exists.
and that's enough for me.
dedicated to a dear friend of mine.

• November 18, 2020 - 6:59am (Now Viewing)

Omigosh this is for Sunny? I mean of course it is! That makes so much sense. She's truly amazing.

• Huba Huba

AAah this is so pretty and thoughtful! That friend of yours must be so luckyyyyy!!! I love the last couple stanzas. And where does the name Tuffy come from?

• Just_A_Memory

This is so.... BEAUTIFUL! The details just... *chef's kiss*

• lochnessie

TUFFYYYYYYi need to write a poem for sunny i need to write a poem for youuu i...
    *eyes glow red* I NEED TO WRITE A POEM FOR E V E R Y B O D Y

i know this is for sunny.v (she deserves this all!) but somehow you are speaking to me? i love when writers can do that.... it's word magic.

i can only echo the comments below.... your craft and the imagery and the words and this is so sweet and raw and emotional and i am crying right now..... i will leave it at that. your work has touched me and it is always a pleasure to read your marvelous work.... <3<3<3

• Wisp

AWWWWW!!! Oh my gosh, the message to readers and the footnotes and her comment, you have no idea how sweet and pure and innocently emotional that makes me. I can tell what a great bond the two of you have and how much she means to you through this piece. This was such a lovely piece to read and I cannot tell you how heartbreakingly achingly beautiful it was to behold. There is a simple eloquence to it edged with the rawness of loving someone. Oh, it's just so swell (I sound like an old lady), and meaningful and impactful and I cannot stop crying.
    Each stanza is so carefully crafted, each word handpicked to refinement, and it is just so lovely, the way you've evoked so much emotion into this piece. It is truly truly lovely, and I cannot tell you how endearing this was to read. And the sentiment behind it was just enough to break my heart again, because it's utterly sweet and so well-thought and just-I cannot explain the breathlessness it makes me feel.

“ keep that one reserved. / the poets know not who it's for.” tuffy I?? this entire stanza killed me like ;-; finding beauty in the little things is so?? how can u describe something so emotional so eloquently i might cry ndndjdjvnd
    “ she holds tears in little jars to wear around her neck, / little pieces of other's hurt” noooo tuffy this description is ever so gentle yet ever so sweet and it’s. it’s so. thoughtful? of you to describe? omg i love u so much
    “ she exists. / she bleeds just like everyone else.” djcjsnvk the repetition of “exists” throughout the piece as like. a reassurance, almost. a comfort. is just so poignant. and the bleeding? it’s just such a great little image. aaaaa :’’’)
    “ she exists. /even if she sometimes forgets to drink water in the morning,” !!! THE CALLBACK!! to the 1st piece,,,,i can’tttt I luv u so much my tuffy
    “ she exists. / and that's enough for me.” NOOOO TUFFYYY i can’t this made me cry i’m gonna ;-; being enough for someone is ;-; everything to me how are you so sweet and so kind and so profound and gentle and delicate and how do you always know the right things to say and when to say them and you’re so genuine tuffy ilysm thank u for being my friend and being there for me ;-;

• that one rat from ratatouille

i can’t! this is so beautiful! ugggh this made me cry TT~TT

This is so pretty! Every line is so beautiful and
    "she holds tears in little jars to wear around her neck,
    little pieces of other's hurt
    clutched tightly to a beating chest.
    it's safe when it's under her care."
    was my favorite!

f-for me?? ;-; ;-; ;-; oh, my tuffy

• SamRose

Wow. Just... wow.

• rwong

oh wow this is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL <3 <3 i'm speechless

Oh my goodness I just adore this! Your ephemeral imagery is astonishing, and knowing it's for a friend of yours makes it even more special. The third and fourth stanzas are my favorites, but I could barely choose because I love them all.

Beautiful <333