Lexi Birken

she/her/hers | Demi-Bi
15 | INFJ-T
since, Sept. 8, 2020
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
breathe
oxygen for
my brain
and heart
both cannot live
without the other
yet how do they
survive together

I'm pretty late to this prompt, but it took awhile to write this. Soul searching if you will. Thanks to Poetri for inspiring me and many other amazing writers to do this.
Have a thoughtful day! <3

A close friend of mine

9
I have a friend. My friend has a habit of not being true to herself. She chooses to not listen to her heart, and instead pretend she can survive solely on logic. My friend thinks that this way she can minimize the possibility of more pain, and observation and analytics are what she needs to navigate the world. 
My friend is wrong.
Sometimes, she catches herself being 'overly emotional'. This isn't what she wants, and since she's practiced and practiced, she found a little off switch for her heart (she thinks it works). She flips this switch and relishes that
                                        e  m  p  t  y
                                                            feeling. It's a silence that fills everything and it's ever so sweet. But, sugar breeds cavities in more than the teeth. I fear one day she'll destroy the very thing that makes her beautiful.
My friend is quite the hypocrite. She cares deeply for her friends but pushes the thought of caring for the person she is now away. But at least I know that she is capable of growth, self improvement is kind of a hobby so eventually she'll get to the real stuff. My friend has a long way to go, but if she allows herself to, she might be okay.

"If there's no one besides you when you're soul embarks,
Then I'll follow you into the dark."
-Death Cab For Cutie.
Words:229

• November 18, 2020 - 10:28am (Now Viewing)

• Wisp

We don't interact much, but I just wanted to give you my thanks. You see, recently I hit a milestone of 105 followers and I wanted to personally extend my gratitude. You've given me so much support with the likes on my pieces and by the single follow you gave me. I can't tell you how much it means to me, and how happy it has made me. To know that you enjoy my writing, and to know that you would follow me for it is just so meaningful to me. I can't express enough how grateful I am. It may have just been a single click of a button, but that single click meant so much. Truly, thank you.
    (Also, I'm doing a dust jacket, so if you have any questions, send them my way!)

• Wisp

Your emotion in this piece is just so powerful. I adore the way you took this, and the line:
    "It's a silence that fills everything and it's ever so sweet. But, sugar breeds cavities in more than the teeth."
    It's just so beautifully written that I am in awe of it. Your way of taking this prompt is so brilliant and it's like I can understand a little bit of you through it. And the quote at the end is just so bittersweet and tender, I am just so infatuated with it. And everything about this hurts in a way that I'm sure all of us have felt in more ways than one, and your way with words to portray that is just brilliant. This is so lovely.

• Alexander :)

This is absolutely beautiful. I love your writing style!

Re: Ah thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it!! :)

• midnight.summerrose

Wow!! This is beautifully written! I love the concept of this and you are so talented!! :)

wow... i feel like this was peeking into more of who you are. the quote at the end of this piece is absolutely perfect, and i adore the style you wrote this in. this is beautiful, like all of your writing! are you doing okay, dear? if you ever need to talk, i'm always around. i love you <333

• Sunnydew

<3

• abby.a

beautifully written. lovely words. <3