mindfruit (hiatus)

he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
Catholic
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
Sanderson, Rowling, Riordan, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

Life is Dynamite!

Hey all, I'm taking a little break from writing and this site right now. I love WtW and everyone on it, but this week has been pretty emotional for me (don't worry, nothing bad happened, and it's not writer's block either. I'm just mentally rocky and busy at the moment). When will I be back? I don't know, but I think it won't be too long. I just need to sort some things out. I hope you all understand :)

Journey before destination.

Buzzer Beater

PROMPT: Birdsong

23
Ball bounces, ounce by ounce, pounded into the ground
Sound echoes, thump-thump-thump, the floor is quaking
Defenders shaking, players braking, ankles breaking,
shoes squeaking and screeching on the three-point line,
not enough time, the game is on the line ….
Point guard seeks for the breach in the wall,
Grunts and falls, calls for the rock,
A fake and a dish into waiting hands,
Ball is caught and shot, watch it rise, watch how it flies
defying gravity, make a wish, 3….2…..1
swish…

• November 16, 2020 - 8:10am (Now Viewing)

• Wisp

The imagery is just magnificent. It's as if I'm actually there witnessing the game and honestly your descriptions just create this immersion into the game itself. It's truly transcendent and I love how you took the prompt. And your use of sensory details is so well written, from sound to sight and the tie in of your own experiences. Certainly wonderfully written.
    Replying: Thank you so much! :))

• The Dreamer

Re: umm... feel free to review any of my stories, preferably not the poetry. Thanks

• Rohan’s Defender

Ps. I’m really happy that I could help you during your hard days. Thank you for being so awesome and understanding too! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, thank you so much! Your comment means a lot to me! I’m sorry you’ve had some rough days. I hope you can find the encouragement you need. If I can ever help in any way, just let me know. I don’t have a whole lot of really close friends, but I’ve found I’m really happy to have a handful that are always here for me (you included). I’m so thankful to have such supportive friends who help me when I need it, even if they don’t know I do. :)
    Yes, we all loved it, as I’ve said previously.
    Haha, yes, it was fun. I’ve had some really weird ones too. VERY weird ones....
    Yes, your presence is always remembered now when Zi and I hear anything about Cars! XD
    Zion says “Ca-chiga, ca-chiga! Who’s your favorite character?”
    :)
    Have you read any good books recently? I’m about halfway through the first KOTLC book, and I really like it so far.
    I hope you’re doing well tonight. I’ll talk again soon! :) Bye for now!

• therisingwriter

This is so rhythmic :)

• in_love_with_writing [maybe coming back from the hiatus?]

Re: Thank you so much for the feedback and advice!

• ChimChim_1

Re: yes I am ARMY and I can't wait for BE to come out to UwU I though Map of the soul seven was lit cant wait:3

• Rohan’s Defender

Hey Con. Wow, your comment section is like Grand Central Station. XD
    I wanted to tell you I dreamed about you last night. I thought you may be interested to know.
    So we were at this kind of park (outside a school maybe?) and we got to hang out for a while. I remember I think we might have been talking about your basketball. And then some of my other friends were there and we were having a lot of fun, and I think it needed when we were looking at a holographic image of somewhere. We were talking to my mom about meeting up again somewhere else. Now that I type it out it sounds really weird, but it was fun in the dream. Anyway, just thought I’d tell youse about it, bro.

• Busssy.Beee

re: yeah, it is a small world. XD anyways, i'm yannie chau. i'm a grade younger and you'll find me in either Allen, Mau, Moreton, or Goyco. yeah, also, i think i remember you playing with some other boys like back in the day.

• The Dreamer

That was great. I have never been to a live game but with this I felt like I was there.
    Could you please review my piece?
    Thanks. Have a joyous day!

• Busssy.Beee

WAIT, ARE YOU CONNOR LEE?? OH ME CHICKEN!! I THINK WE WENT TO THE SAME SCHOOL IN ELEMENTARY. VALENTINE RIGHT?? no wonder i recognized you. I'm one year younger, and so i was looking in the yrbook and saw you. Wait, so to confirm, did you have Abughazaleh in 2nd grade?

re: awwww em you’re so sweet! thank youuu for the love teehee it means a lot!! hope you’re having a great time with...basketball? ^O^

• Rohan’s Defender

Re:
    AWWW THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your comment means so much to me! I don’t know if I can express how much you’ve helped me. I’m very thankful to have you as a friend and bro! :)
    Yes it was a lot of music!
    Yes, Eden is good! XD
    Cool, I’m excited to read more! I’ve heard it’s a really good series.
    I like History too, but ancient history is a tad boring sometimes in my opinion.
    Yes I just hope the child gets a good name. The madalorian is a pretty cool show. I wonder how many seasons there will be...
    District 4! Woo, the fishing district! That’s neat! So I’m 8 and you’re 4.
    My parents loved it! My mom said, “I think it’s eloquently described and I think all writers can relate.”
    My dad said “I thought it was genuine and heartfelt, and I thought it showed inner strength on his (your) part to be able to self access his reasoning for writing.” :) So yes they really liked it! And I thought it was amazing!
    Okay, I’ll talk soon, Con. Thank you again! I hope you’re doing well!

Re: Yeah it makes sense. Hm, well I guess I've seen him as a Sanguine-Phlegmatic, not the other way around, but it's possible he's just an extroverted Phlegmatic. But idk that much about how he is irl of course. And I guess you don't have to be exactly the same to have the same temperament. For example, one of my best friends (irl), The Campbell's Kid, is a Melancholic-Sanguine too, but I'm a more focused version of the two (he's got more Choleric & Phlegmatic mixed in), and he's actually really different from me as far as what he likes. We're mostly the same on the inside, but that manifests differently in different people. It's probably a similar situation with you and F'Otter. About my fam, I guess that makes us a good team. A very loud and confusing one, but I guess it all works out in the end. I didn't realize this until now, but it also means that I get to learn what each temperament is like hands-on, which means it'll be easier for me to understand new people.

• -bellabean-

Re: Hi! Nice to meet you mindfruit. Thank you! I'm glad you liked my writing. I really like the way you write, it captures the moment perfectly. I am also a social introvert haha. I know exactly what you mean.

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow, sorry for the book!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you! Okay, this will be long too (although I already feel like I fill up all your comment sections...)
    Thank you so much about the poem; I’ve really found it helps me sort out my thoughts. I listened to music like all day Friday (a lot of sad music included) and found my head spinning by the end of the day. But I’ve found I really love listening to music; it helps me express myself. You should listen to the songs Gone and This Goodbye by Beth Crowley; they’re based off HG and they’re amazing (tho I almost cried during both).
    Yay, Con! XD it’s funny ‘cause I told my sister I call you Con, then I thought how I don’t think I had ever actually said it to you. I don’t really have a nickname that everyone calls me that’s actually shorter than my name because, well, Eden can’t really be shortened (my sis calls me Ed on occasion......). But I usually just go by Eden. Or Rohan on here. XD And Anne Blackwood calls me Lark. :)
    Aw, well, I understand about homework taking a long time. It can be time-consuming. Do you have a favorite/least favorite school subject? My least favorite is probably biology tied with math......
    Yes, I was kinda upset when Ben died. I think I almost cried (yeah, I know, I sound like a crybaby, even though I usually only ALMOST cry over movies I’m really into). But anyway, the Child is cute. I really hope he gets a name soon BTW.
    Yes, I don’t like fish in general. Then again, my mom doesn’t either, so she hasn’t encouraged me to eat it, and KY doesn’t exactly specialize in seafood. XD
    Have you read Keepers if the Lost Cities? I know F’Otter has talked about it. I’m reading book one now, so I was curious.
    I mean the adjectives. You’re one of my best friends on here. :)
    And yes you should be proud of it! It was really good and touching. I let my dad listen to it last night, and I’m going to let my mom hear it today.
    Zombies is really interesting and kinda funny. I think you might like it if you get a chance to watch it. Although it’s not super action-y.
    One other thing; geographically, do you know which District you live in? They have maps that show it. I’m District 8.
    Now did I miss anything? XD i think I’ve covered every but I’m not completely sure. So I hope you’re doing well, and I’ll talk to ya soon I’m sure!
    Byee!

• midnight.summerrose

Wow!! This is amazing!! :)

Re: Cool thanks!
    Nice nice. Okay I just sHoUtEd "YES I GUESSED IT RIGHT!" about your temperament type (and even your second most dominant). Btw that means you and F'Otter have the same type. Idk if that's a normal thing, but it is for me, because most of my friends are Melancholic-Sanguines. But I like Phlegmatics. They're cool. It's kinda funny; my family of four each represents one type. My mom's a Choleric, my dad's a Phlegmatic, my bro's a Sanguine, and I'm a Melancholy. So yeah.

This comment is gonna be gigantic.
    Re: Aw thank you!
    1. Okay that's valid. Haha yay perceptiveness! What can I say? The flavor combo is weird but kinda cool. And yay nerds lol. Yes, my cousins in Israel all speak Arabic (and most are likely semi-fluent in Hebrew). I've visited twice, but I was too young to remember the first time. Idk if my Aussie cousins speak Arabic (I've never met them) but if they're like me then no. Oh and I don't remember if I mentioned this but the rest of my cousins are in Washington. Hehe nope only one person here knows my real name (we're irl friends) and I plan to keep it that way. SiMiLaRiTiEs.
    2. Okay lemme try to be concise. *preps for failure* The four temperament types are personality types that you are born with. They are melancholic, choleric, sanguine, and phlegmatic.
    Melancholies (like me) can be kinda intense. They're often serious and are very logic-based and detail-oriented. They tend to like plans, routines, and lists. They feel emotions strongly in a stable way (meaning for a long period of time). They are extremely perfectionistic. They can take critique too personally.
    Cholerics are definitely intense. They are all about leadership. They have trouble understanding that their way isn't the best way, not because they're necessarily arrogant, but their way just seems so right to them (and often is). They love to save the day. They're extremely stubborn, and when they want to achieve a goal, they absolutely will achieve it, because they're very task-minded. They can also struggle with criticism.
    Sanguines (my second type that's almost equal with my first) are usually quite light-hearted. They love excitement, adventure, and laughter. They can be forgetful with details, as they're more focused on the big picture. Many of them are entertainers. Being the center of attention is awesome for them. Their emotions are strong yet fleeting and constantly fluctuating.
    Last but not least, phlegmatics are diplomatic to the core. They're thoughtful, calm, and people-pleasers. Most everyone likes them, because they're always thinking about how everyone else could be viewing the situation and thus don't offend many people. They are less prone to things like road rage, because they start speculating about *why* that person might have cut them off. They're not usually very fast decision makers, because they don't want to have made the wrong choice (this aggravates the quick-thinking choleric). When they don't want to do something, they're quite stubborn and must be calmly encouraged and persuaded.
    Okay, sorry that that was so long! I guess I warned you. Since I definitely wasn't very concise, you probably don't need to take the test to really know which one you are, but it's nice to see the different levels of each temperament that you are, so I'd still recommend it.

Re: So I was talking to F'Otter about personality assessments and stuff and I wondered if you'd be interested in taking the four temperaments test? (open psychometrics has a pretty good one) I'm curious and I have a hunch about what your main type is based on what I've learned about you so far. If you decide to take the assessment (it's fairly quick but thorough), please do tell me how much you're like each temperament. Sheesh that wording is messy. What I mean is like what order they're listed from most to least? XD *facepalms*

• LindytheRavenclaw

AHHHH THIS IS SO GOOOOOOOOOOD!

• Rohan’s Defender

Cooonnnnnooorrrrrrr yourrrrrrrr Wednesdayyyyy wordsssss pieceeeeee...... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I listened to you read it, and it. Was. So. Beautiful. I’ve read it multiple times before, but hearing you read it really added to the emotion, I guess. CONGRATS!!!! It was amazing! You really, REALLY deserve it!

• Rohan’s Defender

Woooowwwww....... this is incredible. I can’t even pick a favorite line (though I do love the one with Defenders just cause I’m R Defender after all). This is so so good! And might I ask why you are no longer speed? :)

Welp you made me interested in something I know literally nothing about so there's that

• Wishing on Dandelions

Congrats!! really good job.

• Book Kitten

oh yeah and congrats on wednesday words!!

• Book Kitten

ooooooo! This is really good. I always love watching buzzer beaters in the NBA. The coolest one I've ever seen was the Raptors buzzer beater, the year they won.
    Great job describing it on paper, I could imagine it perfectly!!!

Woah. These rhymes tho.... *clap clap clap*