Cosmogyral

and i am tired,
so very tired.

an ode to the stars i stole from the sky

7
THIS IS A COLLECTION OF SHORT POEMS UNDER A SINGLE TITLE

LI. you romanticize what it means to pluck the stars from the sky,
what joke do you think that is?
when it is a burden to steal the stars from the sky.
     because i carry the weight that is humanity by my side.
do you even know what humanity is?

What did you think when you read that? What did you feel? Even if it was the most unintelligible scene or incomprehensible nonsense, tell me, please. I'd like to know?
you should try answering the questions, i for one, find them perfectly perplexing for others. 

• abby.a

w o w w w w.... amazing. while reading this... idk... i felt content in what i have. like reaching for too much would be.... wrong? no... i don't know how to explain it. sorry, my descriptions seem to need a bit of work. but this is stunning!

• journal.scribbles

ooh i really really like this one. It just kinda left me with a weird heavy feeling, like something super important happened. Oh my gosh that last line though, I just reread it and it gave me chills. Like I can imagine someone weeping and screaming those words for some reason? I don't even know. This piece is just so good.

• Rachaelgrace (hiatus) :)

This is so beautiful. We were just talking about the stars this morning at breakfast haha. I imagine a star dying as someone takes it for themself.

woah.... this is absolutely beautiful. As for the questions, do you mean the ones in bold at the end of the poem? I'll give them a go.
    I mostly felt pain, almost heartbreak, as if pitying a person who just doesn't understand. Its a pretty indescribable feeling, actually. I thought of how poems talk about reaching for the stars and how, in this, you told us that it's not all we thought it was. I absolutely loved that. As for a scene, I imagined an apprentice or like, assistant to the narrator who was trying to capture the stars and the narrator just watched them, knowing that they were going about it all wrong.
    This poem is beautiful <33 I love your work!