books4life

Avid bookworm (see user)
She/Her
Black. Lives. Matter.
feminist rants are kinda my thing
i'm that #theatrekid
District 12
Dauntless
Gryffindor

Est. March 2020

know your worth darlings,
and then add tax. :)

Hi & thank you for coming to my page! I hope you like what you read and I'm always open to any feedback with your comments/reviews! :)

"famous" works: *first drafts*
Rose's Flowers--a modern day rom-com.
Zeus' Eagle--Greek mythology re-inspired

--Quotes--
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." -Toni Morrison.

"Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness."-Oprah Winfrey.

"I'm speaking." -Kamala Harris.

#giveusbackourwords

GO CHECK OUT all of my friends who support me endlessly: V-Rose, Rohan's Defender, Stone of Jade, Elizabeth Lewis, & Halopoet!

Zeus' Eagle: Chapter Seven

5
In another part of the palace, the young king was struggling to be heard over the deafening clamor of the advisors dressed in expensive clothing. Rich purples, pinks, blues, and dark reds expressed how wealthy the royal counsel’s advisors truly were, compared to the stark contrast of the townspeople’s rough and fraying clothing.

“Order! Order!” He attempted, but none would come. The aristocrats were in a flurry of an intense argument on the problem that concerned all of Zeusland: the monsters. A report had just arrived that another twenty citizens had perished. Twenty. 

The reports have kept coming, ever since the monsters had first killed two people, a man and a woman. Since that event had occurred, over seventy three citizens of Zeusland had perished due to the lack of protection or failed attacks on the vicious monsters. No one knew what they looked like because if one got close enough to see the monsters, they did not survive. All the people knew was that these monsters were experienced killers. 

Worry crinkled the young king’s forehead as one of his most trusted advisors looked stressed.

“Order! Order!” He tried again. Finally, some of the advisors calmed down, and everything seemed calm, but just for a moment. 

Nobleman Arthur Kent demanded, “Do you finally have a plan of action? I mean, only seventy people have died...your Majesty.” He said the last two words in a sarcastic manner that made the young king want to send the aristocrat to the dungeons for a display of power, but no, he must stay calm and patient...do what his father would have wanted. 

“It is clear,” the king began with a strong voice that mimicked his father’s. “That we need to exterminate the monsters as soon as possible.”

“Who do you have in mind?” sneered Arthur. “After all, our elite soldiers have already perished in the task.” 

The king hesitated, his wheels turning. Who? Who? Arthur chuckled, sensing victory. 

“What about me?” The voice of a young woman rings through the shockingly silent sanctuary of serene. Eyes flit towards the voice, resting on a teenage girl dressed in a white toga with a gold arrow slung over her back. She has a determined, yet confident look on her face that mirrors her strong stance. 

An audible gasp rang through the room as she stepped forward, almost a bit hesitant and confused. The king gulps. He straightens his crown on his curls and finds the strength to call out for a brief recess. 

The advisors and aristocrats shuffle out of the room as if in a daze. Whispers cluster together as they leave. 

“I see we meet again,” the girl says, smiling at the king. “Hello, Pan.” 

Pan smiles shyly. “And you, Bella.” He makes his way down from his throne and crosses to the beautiful demigoddess. He clasped his hands together, desperately trying to cover the sweat on them. 

“So, you..” she began, looking around the vast chamber before meeting his eyes once again, “are the king. Of Zeusland.” 

“The official title is King Peter the Second, of Zeusland, the Fruit of the very Sky, but yeah, king works too.” 

Bellaphon laughed. Who knew the king was funny? “Oh, I see. And you weren’t going to tell me of your official royal status?” 

A pause. “Being king of a land that is besieged by monsters and death isn’t exactly an achievement.” 

Bella stopped looking around her in awe, pausing to study the boy’s face. “Well, how about we change that?” 

“Were you actually serious about wanting to save us?” 

“No, I just really get a kick by announcing something to the whole upper class of my father’s land and then just backing out on it.” Bella smirked, showing that she was kidding as Pan laughed. Bellaphon opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by someone. 

“Hello, baby! Oh....hello?” Selene entered in a navy floor-length gown and a shiny silver crown perched above her intricate braided hair. She took his arm, and they looked like the picture perfect couple. Pan had on his royal clothes, with his military achievements pinned to his blue coat with his gold crown on his curls, and an expensive watch gleaming on his wrist. 

In comparison, Bella was dressed in a simple white dress with sturdy sandals that were covered in dust and sand from the streets. A bruise was next to her left eye, and a scar could be seen by her collarbone. She wore no jewelry, with her hair hanging loosely, wavy and carefree. On her back was her trusty weapon and arrows, but they looked almost tacky against Selene’s mountain of jewelry, possibly from the Crown Jewels. 

“This is…..Bellaphon, Selene….” Pan almost stutters at the unexpected sight of the noblewoman. “Selene, Bellaphon has come to save us,” he smiles at Bella, who blushes. Selene glares, as she tightens her grip on the king’s arm. 

“Does my dear Pan stand corrected? You have come to save us?” 

Bellaphon smiles simply, already having recognized the woman. “Yes, King Pan is right. I do have the mission in mind.” 

“Well, if that’s the case, you must stay! For supper!” Selene laughs hauntingly, but her eyes are full of murder. Pan nods in agreement, eyes not leaving Bellaphon. 

“If you insist.” 

“I do,” the noblewoman nods her head, pursuing her lips together. “How do you know my fiancé, again?” 

The world seems to take a slow stop. Words frenzy around in the demigoddess’ mind, her desperately trying to come up with some reasonable answer - anything, but coming up empty. 

“I---I….” Selene smirks at Bella’s answer, sensing her emotions. Luckily, Pan steps in to answer. 

“I ran into her, under the strangest circumstances. But, yes, please do stay for dinner, Bella.” Pan grins at the girl. 

“It would be my honor, Your Majesty.” She musters a curtsey and then rises with grace. The sun shines through the window, falling on the demigoddess, covering her with an amber aurora. 

“I guess I will see you at dinner.” Bella starts to leave, escorted by a guard dashed in red. 

“Till we meet again.” Pan calls as the advisors start to enter once again, swallowing up the king’s view of the girl he was enchanted with. 
It's out! Thank you all for the support. Your thoughts in comments/reviews are always the best!!! :) 
Word Count: 1043. 

• Elizabeth Lewis

This is so good! Thank you for updating! Who knew Pan was king? Please keep writing!
    "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." -Romans 5:8

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you so much!!! I’m so happy you loved it!!!!!!!! :) :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Chapter 19 is out! BTW, CONGRATULATIONS ON ALMOST 50 FOLLOWERS!!

• Currently Unavailable

W O W. And lol, Halopoet is right. Peter Pan. XD Did you plan that?

• Halopoet

Ahhhhh yess. This was such an interesting chapter. Who would've thought Pan was the king. But its so ironic that his name is peter and he tells bella that its pan. That makes peter pan. Hehe

part three of heartbreak series has been published ;)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: <333 thanks!

• V-Rose

I really do not like that woman! She makes me mad! I can't wait to find out what happens next! PAN IS THE KING! THAT WOMAN WHO REMINDS ME OF VIPERS IS HIS FINACEE!!! *deep breath* I need to know what happens next! I'm glad you got some inspiration to write!

• V-Rose

Here's a new chapter (FINALLY!) for Death's Tales!

And I'm going to come read this soon! Yay!

• Rohan’s Defender

Ooh, the plot keeps building! And lovely descriptions! Thank you for notifying me! I hope you’re having a good day!