mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

plz look at my most recent edition of "all that rain has heard".... not the link in the footnotes as it will lead to a less current draft.

tomorrow

24

the silver-tipped waves/ that lap against the misty shore of/ yesterday/ hold so many secrets/ of past lives/ and past dreams/ that are now lost forever/ in the tempest/ and i don't know/ if they will ever/s ee the light of/ tomorrow/

they hold/ vindications/ and promises/ and hopes/ and sorrows/ and whispers of undying love/ that will be lucky/ to catch a hold/ of a boat/ that will sail out/ of the sheltered harbor/ of broken and forgotten pasts/ they will be even luckier if they/ somehow/ wash upon the shores of/ tomorrow/

yet the ocean/ of forgotten names/ haunts me/ whenever i think/ of the past that/ forever exists in/ yesterday/ and sometimes i get/ a whiff/ of the salty sea breeze/ and i am reminded/ that i am still here/ in the land of/ today/

no visits/ to the far off harbor of/ yesterday/ and no glimmers of the long-awaited/ island of/ tomorrow/ so i wait/ and imagine/ and dream/

tomorrow/ where there will be/ wild strawberries/ and fairies/ and a grand old road that stretches on and on/ to the end of the world/ elephants too/ of course/ and june lilies/ raindrops/ and dew/ and the night sky/ will usher/ me into her embrace/ and i will reach the top of/ the mighty mountain/ the storm king/ where moonlight will filter/ across his brow/ with the whole world before me/

i will see the charted path/ i weaved from/ yesterday/ to/ today/ and finally/ i hope/ tomorrow

tomorrow/ my friend/ it will all happen in the/ tomorrow/

excuse me i just had to fix a few things that were bothering me.... also plz check out my submission for the novel writing comp! i need some opinions! good and bad! it's called "all that rain has heard" thanks of you so of much.

this was a bit of a brain dump... HeyThereRose's "random poetry prompts" got me started. i kinda drew from prompt 2. so thanks for that!

and then, of course, the stanza where i talk about everything in tomorrow is inspired by the 4th anne book, anne of windy poplars which i just finished reading. in that book there is a character named elizabeth and she and anne make a map of there land of tomorrow. i always feel refreshed and inspired after reading an anne book!

<3<3<3

• crystalline•galaxies

re: ah it makes me so happy that you felt that my piece was speaking to you! your comment was so sweet.

• JustAnotherDarling

mygoodness this is gorgeous. it's ethereal. i felt like i was floating in the air as the words spiraled around me.... LOVE THIS!! :)

• unlit/candles

Wow, this is beautiful. I can't wait to read more of your work!

• Coeur

reply: Yeah! I asked for that series for Christmas, I'm planning on reading it. :)) Anne doesn't exactly give up on writing, but she doesn't use it as a job. I think I'll like Emily of New Moon, I love all Montgomery's stuff!! Thanks for the recommendation.

• poetgoneonpluto

Re: that's so sweet of you :) also i am loving it over here!!

• rwong

omygoodness mirkat! you never cease to impress me!! i mean like WOW!! all your poems are so good and adsjfladk;sfjl;k <3 <3 <3 (sorry i really don't know what to say...i'm...essentially speechless ITS SO BEAUTIFULLLL) <3 (i'll go check out our novel comp submission too!)

Re: Oh thank you I really appreciate it! :D

• Rose A(hiatus)

WoW... so pretty! This was amazzing(yes, two Zs on purpose)! Keep writing. Also, I will be sure to check out the latest draft of your novel competition submission. :)

Re: Thanks so much! Do you have any critique for it? I'd like it to be as polished as possible before submitting it.

• AccountA

re: yess i used to play that all the time when i was on the field trip bus it was sooo funny XD

• Love, Rose

cute

• Huba Huba

This is so interesting and pretty! I love the line "yet the ocean/ of forgotten names"

• anemoia by a thread

also, i will have to read the emily series! i didn't know lmm had a similar but different series, and it looks intriguing. ahhh now i need these books!

• AccountA

re: im in math, lets just say its a lot mor than slightly boring XD. lately ive had nothing to do so im just reading i shouted out my window at a random passersby that it was national tofu day to see their reaction. sending love too! <3<3<3

• anemoia by a thread

Re: oops, sorry about the unnamed food fiasco XD ahh i can't wait till we both finish all the books and i actually remember stuff. sorry, i didn't realize which books you'd read and which ones you hadn't. yikes! but just in general, anne... oh, anne. i feel like there's a lot of characters that go in and out of anne's life, but they don't seem abrupt or sudden. anyway... thanks so much for the comment and the fangirling!

you're such an amazing friend, thank you <333 i really appreciate it. ily

• AccountA

re: also this is great! im doing good, you?

• AccountA

re: thank you so much!!! lol that was a little funny. yeah i don't think i need to wear a mask on this site especially around friends. you seem like a really great person too! i wish people on the site actually got a chance to see each other but this is definitely the next best thing.

• ~Zoe N~

re: thanks! <3

re: awww youre so sweet!! your run on sentences made me smile dw haha. i appreciate the words so much and i hope you're doing well!

• Livsnjutare

This is so beautiful, great piece!
    :D

• anemoia by a thread

Re: ok, i cannot, for the life of me, figure out where we discussed cookies. but chocolate chip oatmeal are one of my all-time faves! i also made two batches of scones yesterday (cranberry lemon and lemon). on anne: i'm asking for the complete set for christmas. somehow i didn't realize it was 8 book either. i think the 6-8 books are about her daughter also, but i'm not completely sure. also, how do you feel about mr harris? or is it harrison? (why can't i remember?) also, i adore paul irving. and anne's friend at redmond, whose name i also forgot. not priscilla, but the new friend she made, who was trying to decide between alec and alonzo and didn't love either of them. her name def started with a "p." (how do i remember her suitors' names and not hers?) also, i just love anne's romanticism. i just love her. anyway... goodnight!

• Coeur

reply: Aw thanks! I'm still new at them... super new.. but I'm glad I taught you a bit! I started reading AoGG when I was like 11, and bought the whole box set. I've read the whole series three or four times (except for Rilla, that one makes me sad. I won't spoil anything for you though.) The series is amazing, and I love it! I've read a lot of Montgomery's other books as well (including her three extra books which served as sort of sequels to the Anne series.). I've watched Anne with An E, but haven't finished it. The direction, costumes, and actors are all great! I only watched the first season though, the second season seemed branching off from the books a lot and I decided to take a break. Anne and Gilbert are my favorite, but I love... essentially all of the important characters. I'm really interested in how you went from the 1st book to the 4th !

• pyrrhic

re: ahhh you're so sweet <33 i appreciate all your kind comments more than you might know. all the support that has been given to me has really helped me improve in my writing and help my confidence in my work grow. thank you, from the bottom of my heart <33

• Coeur

This is so pretty!! I love the Anne of Windy Poplars reference, so much. I loved Anne's and Elizabeth's map of Tomorrow so much... I just loved that whole series. (I can't reread Rilla of Ingleside though, it makes me too sad.)

• anemoia by a thread

OH MY GOSH BEFORE I EVEN READ THE FOOTNOTES I THOUGHT THIS REMINDED ME OF ANNE!!! I haven't finished windy poplars, but i'm reading it currently. no spoilers, tho!

part three of heartbreak series has been published ;)

• happygiggles (not as active anymore)

replying- you make me happy (:

• pyrrhic

just as paisley blue said.... i don't think i could ever NOT love your writing :)

Still love this! :) <33