Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
discord LexLuthor#8769

Hi! You found my page! Just that fact means a lot <3
I mainly write fiction and short stories, but I am trying my hand at poetry, which I am LOVING! I take inspiration from the world around me <3

Read some of my work if you are so inclined! I always want to hear ways to improve! Thanks! :)

ongoing dystopian novel: Traitors and Rebels
Find the links to chapters 1-30 here:
https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/218916/versions/457602

On The High Seas (finished)
heartbreak series (finished)
Unlikely Hero (finished)

My friend (irl) chasing sunsets has an AMAZING series titled: A World Of Our Own.

writing is so much more than symbols on a paper | FOOTNOTES!

11
Writing
/ˈrīdiNG/

noun. 

1. the activity or skill of marking coherent words on paper and composing text.
2. the activity or occupation of composing text for publication.

Writing is so much more for me.
I can vividly remember one winter afternoon after school. One of my friends had teased me about the skirt I was wearing. She chastised my bag--it was a little satchel that I kept my books in when I went "adventuring" in the woods behind our house. It was a small thing. A little playground comment. But to me, it hurt so much. I had trouble with the girls my age--none of them ever seemed to want to stay my friend. And this girl's comment hit a little too hard. That was the first time I wrote poetry. It wasn't very good, but it was meaningful to me. I wrote it in a little brown notebook, sitting in my closet. I had used a metaphor of losing shells, just as I lost my friends. I wrote it through tears.

I remember writing my first story. And then my second. The first was inspired by a picture of Ireland I found. I made a little booklet of printer paper and scribbled my story. It was about three little mice who went on a great adventure in one of Ireland's castles. They needed to find a diamond. I think it gave them wishes. My second story was inspired by the adventures my sister and I would have with our cousins in the summer. I can't remember the title. I wrote them in innocence.

I kept a diary for a long time while growing up. I tried to write once a day, but as the years went by, my entries spaced farther and farther apart. I wrote memories, dreams, hopes, fears. I wrote about everyday life. I wrote to remember. 

I moved in the middle of my fourth grade year. My father was the pastor in a small little chapel on the coast of Rockport Massachusetts. It was a dying church, and there was no way we could stay. So we moved, trading in my view of the sea for one of the trees of Maine. I had lived by the sea for seven years. I felt I had been uprooted, just as the plants of my mother's garden had been when we left. My fourth-grade heart was broken. I didn't understand. I wrote my first song. It wasn't really a song, more like a poem with a melody. I wrote it on the plane ride. I wrote to pour out my pain. 

In 2014, my family moved again to Washington state, my home of today. I still wrote letters to my friends in Massachusetts, trying to hold on to my past. But my naive mind was only trying to hide the fact I knew that chapter of my life was over. Soon the letters grew farther and farther apart, matching the distance between us. I wrote to hold on. 

Other than school papers, I didn't write for a long time. Until a scene came into mind. I don't know how it started, but one day, I had this clear picture. The picture grew clearer and clearer, and a story began to form. It took about a week before I began to write it down. Just as C.S Lewis' picture of a fawn on a snowy wood, the picture in my mind turned into one of my most developed stories. For three years, I wrote the story--and it still isn't finished. I started a small blog, mainly for my extended family. But I never shared my stories. I didn't want to be teased, to be thought differently of, or embarrassed. But I kept writing. More and more stories came into my mind. More and more characters developed. I wrote to create. 

In 2020 a global pandemic raged. Quarantine stretched for months. I began to write more serious works, yet they weren't creative fiction. They were my prayers. I wrote to pour my heart out to God. I wrote for his comfort and love. I wrote to try and honor him with the talent he had blessed me with. I wrote to pray.

Quarantine grew longer and longer. School was so different and I found myself with more freetime than I knew what to do with. Then, I saw an add on Instagram. I don't know what made me click on it, but it was an add for Write the World. i made an account, found a username, and began writing. I wrote as-inspired--using the prompts I saw and the user-contests that were hosted. Then, slowly, I began to post my stories. And I got such wonderful feedback, it encouraged me to keep writing and keep sharing. I tried poetry again, and found that I loved it. I wrote more stories, entered contests, tried new genres! My writing is still growing, still changing, and still shaping me. I write because I love the freedom words give.
UMMMMM..I don't know what to say except THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH! 200 FOLLOWERS! Tbh, I can not believe it. When I saw my profile this morning, my heart worked double time. I can't even give a shout out to all those who have helped me so so much because then this footnote would be as long as a dictionary. I can't even thank you all enough. I can't explain why this means so much to me. 
I wouldn't be able to live without writing. I hope to write to honor God and to encourage others with my words.
But all that isn't possible without you. Each one of you are so talented in your own way. Some stun with poetry, others excel at creative fiction. Many leave their readers with encouragement, and then there are those who unite when sharing their experiences. No matter what you scribble in your freetime, no matter how good you are at it, words unite us writers. We don't need to be professionally published to inspire others. And that is what I have learned from this website.  

So again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart <3

• November 16, 2020 - 11:08am (Now Viewing)

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

This is so very true! The dictionary tries to put simple definitions- but those definitions are often written without feeling. I mean, the definition for "story" is: "an account of imaginary or real people and events told for entertainment". Stories are so much more than that. But just keep on writing!

Ahhhhhh! I'm like eight days late! I can't believe I missed this!

But, it's better late than never, is it not? So...

Congratulations! *Blows the imaginary kazoo* You deserva all of your-- now 212 followers! Proud to call myself one of those!

Also, noticed, and knew before hand, that you live in Washington? Which part?

• sci-Fi

CONGRATSSSS!!!! *confetti* Proud to be one of the 200.... 201!

• V-Rose

I love this so much! There's a saying I heard recently.
    "The internet is the devil's poop. But God needs manure to make things grow."
    And I always see it when people find things like this... small things like places where you can write and places to talk to people. I'm glad you're here and I'm glad to be one of your followers!

• V-Rose

Here's a new chapter (FINALLY!) for Death's Tales!

And I'm going to read the next chapter soon!

• books4life

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was so heartfelt and touching ahhhh i loved it, thank you sooo much for sharing! I'm proud to call you a friend! :)

Oh my, this is so beautiful. Your journey is so personal, yet I was able to find myself in it. Congrats on 200!! :D

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

CONGRATULATIONS JADE!! This was one of the sweetest, most touching things I’ve ever read. It’s so deep, so relatable, so true that we are all united in our writing! You are incredibly talented, kind, supportive, amazing friend, and I am so so blessed to know you! Much love to you!! <33333333 Keep writing!

CONGRATS!! You're amazing!! :D

congrats of u lations!! u deserve each and every one of us!! this was also such a fun read... reminds me why and how and who i write.... thx for this! keep writing! <3

• anemoia by a thread

<3<3<3 CONGRATS!!! This was deeply moving and a powerful message also.