Ava Marie

Hi I'm Ava
15
She/Her

Aspiring Author
Dancer
Rock Climber

Always laughing
Beatlemaniac
Favourite book: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Bad jokes are the best!
I draw occasionally
I love constructive criticism!

Joined: 11/14/2020

I really enjoyed writing this story, please review!

Alice and I

I did not understand it, could not understand it. Why did she do it? After all the time we spent together, the experiences we’d shared. Was I not entertaining enough? That must be it. I would just have to try harder, become even more captivating. I didn’t want to be tossed aside anymore, I wanted to be loved. Alice loved me, or so I thought, she completely ignores me now. I should make a scene, throw myself to the floor or something, but moving even the smallest amount is excruciating. The worst part about not being able to move around is Alice’s white cat, Rabbit. Rabbit’s favorite thing to do is taunt me by pacing up and down the window every day, before laying down and grinning at me, reminding me of another sly cat that I had met on multiple occasions. Alice used to bring me everywhere, we traveled to many places. How I wish I could travel again.
• • •
I used to live in a building with lots of others, I was on a floor close to the top. I had the occasional visitor, but mostly people came for my neighbors. My neighbors constantly had people over, they would share summaries of their adventures. I watched and listened for months; I saw my friends go on vacations and move out. Very few had been here for as long as I. 
Then one day a woman visited my floor with a young girl with long, light brown hair and bright blue eyes. When she looked up at me, I felt an immediate connection, but then her mother sent her away. As the young girl skipped away, the woman reached out her hand and introduced herself to me. 
“I forgot you existed,” she whispered, astonished. “You’ll be perfect for Alice.”
I knew an Alice! All my stories were about Alice. I couldn’t wait to meet her. 

• • •
A gust of wind blew through the open window and I saw my chance, I leaned into it and flung myself onto the floor. At the sound of the crash, Alice rushed into the room. When she saw me on the floor, her face lit up. She picked me up and gently ran her hand across my aged cover, her index finger traced the outline of the letters. Alice had changed so much since I first met her. She was taller now, and more mature. Her hair had darkened, but there was one part of her that had never changed, her eyes. Even now, twenty-four years after I first met her, they still sparkled the same as they used to. 
“I had forgotten about you,” she said soothingly. Her voice had a way of making me happy, it was probably the only reason I had lasted all these years while the dust bunnies tried to get the better of me. Being able to listen to her talk was almost as pleasant as her talking to me. 
“You will be the perfect gift for my Isabelle,” Alice continued. “You know, she’ll be ten years old tomorrow, the same age I was when you were given to me. Thank you for everything you have done for me, but I think it’s time you were passed on to someone who can care for you the way you deserve.”
So, for the second time in my life, I was wrapped as a colorful paper rectangle and handed to a young girl. Only this time, the girl’s name wouldn’t be Alice, it would be Isabelle. I wonder what Isabelle would be like, I didn’t have an Isabelle in my stories. Would she love me the same as Alice had? I guess that I will just have to wait and find out. 

• useless :)

just submitted my review for the peer review assignments! i'm sorry this was late :)