spectral

黃愛莉
| she/her | chinese american |
memory & mortality & madness
and the player dreamed;
50~ Sept. 2020

"and the universe said i love you.
and the universe said you have played the game well.
and the universe said everything you need is within you.
and the universe said you are stronger than you know.
and the universe said you are the daylight.
and the universe said you are the night.
and the universe said the darkness you fight is within you.
and the universe said the light you seek is within you.
and the universe said you are not alone.
and the universe said you are not separate from every other thing.
and the universe said you are the universe tasting itself, talking to itself, reading its own code.
and the universe said I love you because you are love.
and the game was over and the player woke up from the dream.
and the player began a new dream. and the player dreamed again, dreamed better. and the player was the universe. and the player was love.
you are the player.
Wake up."

hope in a universe remembering to breathe

11
when you first open your eyes, you find yourself standing in a world that holds its breath.

the grass crunches beneath your feet as you survey the land; featureless, besides a twist oak standing lone and tired.

the ocean thumps beneath your ears like a distant god's heartbeat, barren and unreachable.  there is a silent sorrow to the place, mourning a tragedy it doesn't want to forget- and you wonder what kind of devastation might have caused this desolate landscape. even so, you spot a single wildflower blooming beneath the tree, petals hopeful against the muted jade. 
you bend down and pluck it from its source, cradling it between your fingers. 
perhaps its hope wasn't so misplaced.

you begin to work the land, building a heart and a home for yourself. and yes, while monsters do roam the night, you know they're nothing compared to the monsters within. so you keep your sword sharp and your mind sharper.
and slowly yet surely, the world begins to give back.

one day, while wandering farther out from your home, you spot a field full of wildflowers, vibrant and blooming. you walk amongst them, wondering how this was possible. only some time earlier, this world was bitterly unfruitful. maybe, you think, the universe has some love left its heart.

and it is slow. so slow, but so certain. forests reemerge, teeming with life. you explore many of them, often sitting down and listening to the cries of the birds, the joy of the foxes, and so much more, all now welcome in a seemingly forgiving world. you watch from afar as the strange villages that populate the land rediscover their crafts- farming, metalwork, tapestry and more.

the ocean opens its arms, letting reefs and forests grow in its depths. many new species fish now flourish in its waters, and new secrets and treasures sing a persausive call. the caves and cliffs that were once so empty remember to smile again, letting life and precious stones flow from their fingers. you hear the void laugh again in the breeze, while you explore the ancient cities that populate its realm. even down below, a domain of flame and death, the opposite of growth remembers some kind of compassion; it allows some twisted version of life to thrive- vibrant-teal-forests and valleys of enchanted sands and fires.

as you huddle around a campfire, watching the sun descend from the sky, you marvel at how long it's been since you've first explored this broken, beautiful, land.
and you wonder, after all this time, perhaps the world was remembering to breathe again.
inspired by a tumblr post
this is really obvious to what it refers to
subscribe to technoblade
that is all
OH AND GO READ THE END POEM IF YOU HAVEN'T JULIAN GOUGH IS AN ABSOLUTE MASTER AT WHAT HE DID

• almost flora kane

just realize i never commented on this. how dare i. so glad to know someone out there also enjoys mcyt (dsmp fan? wilbur soot? the child?). plus, the way you've put this together is amazing. i feel like i'm there and it's beautiful.

• Yellow Sweater

"the ocean thumps beneath your ears like a distant god's heartbeat" wow.

Okay you may not mind getting yeeted off of WtW but I would kind of die if you did so yeah please don't

oh my gosh this was... yeah, no words. and your message box. wow. i can't express how lovely and complete this is.

• spectral

so i don't get yeeted off the face of wtw (though i wouldn't mind that much)- the source of the message to readers is the end poem