Starlitskies

Sri Lanka

She/Her
17
INTJ
Reader and Writer
Feminist
Coder

Go check out my WtW twin sister Zirong! She's amazing!

Scribble Chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :) and em wilder.

est. 26 Oct 2020

It's been in the works for long, but it's finally here! Enjoy!

A cloak of star dust

PROMPT: Dust Jacket

7

PROMPT #1: WRITER ID
  1. What is your favorite genre to write? Anything that can best capture my ideas. Most of the time it's fiction and poetry.
  2. What is your favorite genre to read? Poetry.
  3. What draws you to the WtW community? The great writing and the amazing people! Every single day I find countless pieces on the dashboard that make me forget to breathe! And can we take a moment to appreciate this great community... I love how everyone is so respectful and always willing to help each other. 
  4. What do you find most challenging about writing? Keeping up with my ideas! I feel obligated to do something with every single idea that flits through my mind. Right now, I have more than twenty half-written manuscripts and a gazillion snippets of poetry.
  5. Most exhilarating? That moment when inspiration strikes and a single sentence, maybe even a single word, expands into this crazy awesome idea in a matter of seconds! Like a seed, it starts growing in my mind, spouting more and more branches, gaining depth and meaning, and plot twists until it's this giant tree of an idea I can't wait to tackle!
  6. What is one goal that you have for yourself while here? Growing as a writer. Getting all the feedback I can get, and experimenting with various genres and styles. Low-key, I would like to win a competition too, but it's not a priority. And I definitely wanna make friends, and help other writers grow. Look in my message box about reviews.
PROMPT #2: ALL IN A NAME
  • Were you named after someone? Not after someone, but something actually. I'm named after the night sky. My first name translates to 'lunar', while my middle name translates to 'twinkling star'. No wonder I get my best ideas in the middIe of the night. And obviously, my username!
  • Have you always been called a nickname? Nope. Most people call me by my full name and no one's ever come up with a nickname I actually like.
  • Do you know anyone with the same name? Yes, one other person has my first name. I've never come across anyone with my middle name though.
  • Does your name have historical significance? Nope
  • Do you have any funny facts or stories about your name? Funny fact; I exist. Story; I'm still writing it.

PROMPT #3: YOU IN THREES 

Three communities to which you belong (these can be unusual).  
  • Write the World! <3
  • The community of people who can't reach the cookie jar. ugh. 
  • The community of people who bullet journal.
Three places you learn well (these can be unusual).   
  • My desk
  • The kitchen (I know, weird.)
  • My classroom last year. (This year's one is gloomy.)
Three adjectives your peers would use to describe you.
  • Witty
  • Comforting
  • Hardworking
Three adjectives your family would use.
  • Bossy (I like things done a certain way...)
  • Witty
  • Determined 
Three adjectives you would use.
  • Ambitious
  • Passionate
  • Indecisive (I feel like I should repeat this three more times)
Three beliefs you hold.   
  • I believe in hard work.
  • I believe that everyone deserves to be respected and accepted for who they are.
  • I believe people should never let go of their dreams. I mean it. 
Three sources of comfort.
  • My planner
  • Reading+Tea
  • Music
Three instincts that serve you well.   
  • My instinct to know when people are sad or uncomfortable.
  • My instinct to recognise toxic people. Not at once, but while I'm still able to cut them out of my life.
  • My instinct to not rely on my instincts too much. 
Three responsibilities you shoulder.
  • My future.
  • Getting into college. 
  • The school newspaper.
Three things of which you are proud.   
  • I'm proud of how I grew as a person in 2020.
  • I'm proud of making the big decision to pursue a career in science.
  • I'm proud of my writing here on WtW. It may not be much, but I'm proud of it.
Three qualities that make your life singular and/or unusual.
  • I'm the only person in my family who doesn't wear contact lenses or glasses. 
  • I store all my writing on a spreadsheet. Hehe. I reduce them to the smallest font size and put them in the little boxes. That way I have a bird's-eye-view of everything that I'm working on!
  • My family is very musical. We have two guitars, a violin, and a keyboard at home, but I only know how to play three chords on the guitar. I'm still learning!

• December 18, 2020 - 6:22am (Now Viewing)

Re: I'm sorry, but that's info I'm not very comfortable with sharing. It's completely fine if you miss it though! And it's means so much to me that you want to know, most of my friends at home never remember, even though they expect everyone else to know theirs (Eh, that was just ranting). But yeah, maybe late on, if I'm comfortable with sharing m birthday, I will.

Also, this is totally unrelated, but so many people on WtW have winter birthdays (At least the ones I know)

And December 30th is such an unique day! It's not 31st, but 29th seems ordinary. 30th just feels so intriguing!

I promise, I'm not stalking, but I saw your comment on another piece, and well:

Happy Birthday!

• Zirong

Merry Christmas to you! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! It really made my day :3 HAHA actually the one translation I published is one of the best I've done, as for most of the others I do need to improve on them! I'll try to better the translations and publish more on this site! Also, really looking forward to reading new pieces from you! :)

re: merry christmas to you too! :)

• Zirong

Hiiii I just published the translation of one poem in my book! Here is the link: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/209633/version/432134.
    Hope it works! :)

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Re: Yeah fractured is the word sometimes to describe pieces. I think there is beauty in shattered pieces though. I just need to find it in my own. :3

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Re: Thankyou! Your support means a lot to me. :)

Re: Aww thanks! I'm glad you love it. I usually just bookmark the actual pages on my laptop. It means I have a gazillion bookmarks, but whatever.

re: Thank you! I'm still rather short, but luckily if grown a little, so we can still vibe! :)
    My mom is a teacher, so that's why I want to be one. (but also because I can impact children) I think I would either teach grammar, literature, or latin.

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I really enjoyed learning more about you!!! :3 I also have a gazillion pieces that are random one liners, halfway done, abandoned, or fractured. :3 I really enjoyed reading this!

It was so nice to know more about you! And unfortunately, I'm one of the people who looks down on the cookie jar :( Being tall isn't all rainbows and unicorns, believe me.

Much like Anne, I would love to know your name, but it's completely fine if you don't want to share it. I have a hunch though, if you like, I could also comment in one of the older pieces?

• Zirong

Thanks again for your comments :3 I'll definitely let you know when I publish any of the poems :)!

This was so cool to read. I like getting to know you better. Would you feel comfortable sharing your name(s)? If you'd prefer, I can google and guess in the comments of an older piece so fewer people would see it. But it's totally okay if you want it to stay a secret.

• Zirong

Oh forgot to say that it is a poetry collection :)

• Zirong

Super glad to know more about you! You are really talented and possess an interesting soul! And thank you for all the lovely comments :3 Oh yea about my book -- actually it is published in Chinese -- my mother tongue, but I translated it into English in November. My translation is not that good haha, because I'm not skilled in that and the two languages are hugely different. Perhaps I'll post some on WtW some day. :)

This is so cool--I love the title! It's great to get to know you! Also--I think it's awesome that you want to pursue a career in science. Wow.

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Also, if you don't mind, would you like to let me know your name? You know, I am quite curious with the "lunar" and "twinkle" -_-

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Aah, you seem to be the exact opposite of mine XD

re : thank you ;D