~madeline~

euphoria fashioned from stanzas of

disillusionment

est. 8.19.20

madeline3.14159

'we meet no ordinary
people in our lives.'
~c.s. lewis~

from me to you

9

words swirl through the universe
    dancing in time with creation
        singing in harmony with time

letters spliced into infinite combinations
    reaching the moon with their width
        circling the earth width their breadth

abstract meanings echo against matter
    like a color you cannot hear
        or a song you cannot see

and these designs fractal into space
    touching the corners of nonexistence
        that frighten away tangible

and somehow of their own volition they form a spire
    reaching out of this world i call my own
        and in to a world of unkowable truths

from my world to yours
    they form a bridge
        to connect us two

from me to you

Yeah, sorry for the overload of bad writing recently... I guess I've just been in the mood a lot XD... Ya know what I mean... 

Re: Lol look them up they're delicious gah

• dead account

re: ahhh i used to dance, too - but i hated it, even though i chose to do it lmao

• Abigail Faith

This is SO beautiful!! You made the words sing!! Wonderful!!!!!! :D

This is probably my favorite piece on wtw... Maybe that's just because I'm in love with ballet and this just touches that part of me? Whatever it is... It's beautiful!!
    Replying to your comment in my piece Dream Prom: Yeah, sorry it's been so long since I replied... So sorry. Anyway, I have been dancing for maybe three years, though not anything super serious. I love ballet(and am very good, not to brag), but I prefer to dance and choreograph my own pieces... Also I don't dance for a company anymore. Now I give lessons to my younger sisters and take some online lessons. Dancing as a career was never my true passion... Only writing gives me a sense of purpose and makes me excited in a special way. But sometimes I don't feel like writing, and slipping on a pair of point shoes and twirling in rhythm to a song helps me to let out my emotions and feel that what I do is beautiful. Hm... Maybe writing and ballet are more similar than we know... I must admit--it's nice to pour out my heart to you knowing that you probably know just how I feel!

• ~Zoe N~

re: well at least I got some o it right :) Thanks, it was really fun to write

• Cosmogyral

fun fact for that first stanza, the words are cosmogyral ;)

Re: oh you didn't have to wait for all those book! lucky! starting with book 5, lodestar, i had to wait for them. there was the mention of the idea that her parents wouldn't have the same abilities, but i feel like one of them would. and i do like the idea of fintan, but forkle said he took no chances with pyrokinesis, and that would be really hard/impossible if her father was a pyrokinetic. sorry. but that's why gethen seems like such an ideal theory to me. blonde, telepath, would shake the world, evil for a fun twist. and theories say that he tried to kill oralie because he was angry at her for turning sophie onto "her side," like he wanted sophie to be part of the neverseen. and what better person to defect from the black swan's goals than someone who once agreed with them?
    i've heard the forkle theory because of the two forkles, and it does make a lot of sense. but identical twins share 100% of their DNA. (i had to look up, haha) so both forkles are the same person genetically. i agree that shannon is too smart to not have at least mentioned a character before. someone who's dead would be pretty great. i wish it could be kenric, but we know that was disproven. and yeah, alvar is pretty young, but we don't actually know how old he is. i cannot remember when he graduated, tho! i think he would have been physically old enough at the time, but it would still be really weird. like a teenage alvar, so probably not him. i do really want it to be a member of the neverseen! and i REALLY hope it isn't cassius.

Re: also, I just saw the theory that Alvar could be her dad. idk, but it would be interesting. it could also be someone we and/or sophie hasn't met yet. but that would feel a little cheap. i really hope it's not cassius. also, i don't like alden as much anymore since i read keefe's short story from flashback (available on the fandom page if you search for it). alden was kind of a jerk in it. sadly. but his "no reason to worry" is so lovable.

Re: I definitely agree with the head/heart thing on Fitz and Keefe. And yeah, Shannon really does have great supporting characters. I'm curious about Sandor/Grizel and Bo/Ro and where those "relationships" are going to go. I'd love for Sandor and Grizel to get married. And I'd like to see reconciliation, if not a romance, between Bo and Ro.
    Ok, I feel like Sophie's dad is not nearly as obvious as her mom. Like, my friends and I had theories and Oralie was one of them. We weren't convinced or anything, but she was on the list. I was looking at the KOTLC fanpage, and I really don't know. For a while, I would have loved it to be a human, but that's not possible. Forkle said tow elves donated DNA. I think Gethen is a real possibility, and maybe Cassius (ugh), but I'm not sure why she would have two Empaths as parents. Since telepathy is her strongest ability. I doubt it would be Quinlin, just because of Livvy. I don't think it's Tiergan, because Shannon doles out little scraps of info, and I really don't think she would lie about Sophie's parents not being members of the Black Swan. I love Elwin, but I know he would have told Sophie. (hold on, I'm going to the fandom page...) and none of the theories are really solid. but i'm afraid that shannon won't reveal it in this book! Gethen is my main theory.

Re: OH YES LET'S GO SCORE ONE FOR THE TEAM! Definitely Team Foster-Keefe! Originally I was undecided (ah, back in my days of ignorance, aka like 6th-7th grade) but I am hardcore Foster-Keefe now. (Sokeefe and Keephie just don't sound right to me.) I honestly think Fitz might nobly sacrifice himself at some point, because there's no way that Keefe and Sophie could be together with Fitz still around. And yeah, the excerpt was kind of torture. My favorite characters... well, Dex needs more TLC. Keefe is such a precious tragic funny boy. Linh is feisty-sweet. Tam is my salty emo/goth/whatever he wants to be, looks like a k-pop idol. (Because of the reference in whatever book, when Sophie notes that Tam looks like the band on Amy's posters of k-pop idols. Probably BTS. No, I'm not a fan, but I have friends who are.) Marella is so sassy and blunt, and I love her trademark braids and messy clothes. Tiergan is just a good person. Della is like Disney princess royalty ninja lady, so that's cool. And Biana proves you can be feminine and tough and compassionate and driven and all that. But I think Elwin might be one of my favorite elves, excluding the main characters. He's just so good. Although Livvy's kinda awesome. She gets teenagers, you can tell. Oh, and Ro. And you gotta love Sandor. And as for non-elf, Iggy!!!
    But Elwin, seriously. He's so good and normal. I'd want Elwin to be my dad. Or my uncle. Now I'm really curious about his backstory. Maybe Shannon left that open for a reason...

This is just an escape of words beautifully strung together. these lines especially touched me: "like a color you cannot hear
    or a song you cannot see"
    also, your bio is lovely. also, can we fangirl? messenger, riordan, and rowling are my three biggest fandoms! not in that order, necessarily. so i have to ask... team keefe, team fitz, or other? also, have YOU READ THE EXCERPT OF UNLOCKED? It's 36 pages!!! Of course, it left me (and Sophie) with way more questions than answers, but that's to be expected. It's in a link on her Instagram bio (I don't have Insta, but it's accessible through the online browser.

• rwong

nooo this isn't bad writingggg this is so good <3