~madeline~

euphoria fashioned from stanzas of

disillusionment

est. 8.19.20

madeline3.14159

'we meet no ordinary
people in our lives.'
~c.s. lewis~

When A Happy-Dancing Tree Interrupts My Snooze-Hitting Routine

7
Once upon a time, three days ago. I woke up, and did what I normally do in the mornings when my alarm goes off....
I hit snooze. But somewhere in that snooze-hitting process, I noticed the tree outside my window was doing some kind of happy dance. It was shaking and shivering but not because of the wind. Now, just in case you weren't aware, trees don't normally do happy dances around my house.
     So I decided to investigate this happy-dancing tree outside my window. It didn't take long before I realized my happy-dancing tree wasn't really happy dancing. It was just being shaken by a squirrel, climbing all over the branches to eat the little red berries that were on the branches. Needless to say, I was quite miffed. How dare the squirrel interrupt my snooze-hitting routine by deceiving me into believing that the tree outside my window was happy dancing? I got out of bed quite frustrated that morning because of my lack of sleep caused by this squirrel. 

The next morning, I woke up. What a surprise. And again, my snooze-hitting routine was disrupted rudely by the dancing tree. Me, being the genius I am, completely forgot about the frustrations of the previous day, and decided to investigate. Again. 
    Again I was frustrated. It wasn't even just a happy-dancing tree it was a deceitful happy-dancing tree that ruins my extra ten minutes of sleep. And he better stop with his berry gathering soon or else the tree isn't going to have anymore berries. 

This morning when I woke up, I did what I normally do. But this morning, I didn't have to go to work, so when I snoozed my alarm, I could sleep as long as I wanted. For twenty more minutes. But, when I woke up, I was disturbed by a strange phenomenon. The tree outside my window seemed to be dancing. Again, it wasn't till I looked further that I saw the tree was being controlled by a squirrel. And upon further notice, I saw that the squirrel was being forced further onto the branches of the tree. I grinned a maniacal smile.  This tree wasn't a very big tree after all, and the squirrel was rather a fat squirrel.(Maybe I shouldn't say that... I don't want to hurt his feelings). 
    So my hope is that tomorrow, when enough of those juicy red berries are gone from the center of the tree, my freind the squirrel will fall, not to his death, just far enough to scare him. Like I said, the tree isn't very big. And then, maybe my snooze-hitting process will no longer be disrupted by the happy-dancing tree. 
UMm... Based on a true story? I don't actually want the squirrel to fall XD

This is hilarious! The title first got my attention, because, wow, it was creative! Also the ending was also sort of dark-funny but well-written.

• JustAnotherDarling

that took a lil dark turn at the end...but seeing as the squirrel was interrupting your sleep...it's...understandable? :o
    but this was so funny and an absolute joy to read :)

• bookmagic

Re: I'm glad you like it.
    Also, I love this so much

• Love, Rose

I love this