SamRose

15
Ravenclaw
LDS
Fairykind
Homeschooler
Artist (learning)
Writer/Aspiring Author
Bookworm
Siberian Husky Owner (Sky)
Parakeet Owner (Haven)
Gerbil Owner (Fable)
Horseback Rider
Daughter of Athena
Joined 11/2020

Currently working on two series:
*Kingdom on a Cloud
*The Other Side (collab w/VirginaTechGirl101)
Read them PLEASE! XD

Talk to me about Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Fablehaven, Beyonders, Five Kingdoms, Anne of Green Gables, :)

After you're done here, go read my real-life friend BriRiley's writing! And my WtW friends Ava Marie and VirginiaTechGirl101! They are all super talented. :)

Proud member and Co-President of the Cult of the Crunch (ask (sk)eyesofocher for more info)

Don't hesitate to ask if you want a review, comment, whatever! I love getting to know all the awesome writers on here, and helping you any way I can!

Want to collab? Just let me know! I'd love to! :)

Peaches

PROMPT: Heart Places

10
We spend hours picking peaches. Gathering them in baskets and climbing precariously on stepstools. The slant of the hill makes me lean to one side so I won't fall. I wobble. You steady me and we giggle. Another hour is spent in the kitchen, slicing the peaches. My hands drip with the juice. We gather a dozen peach pits and take them to the back porch. We try everything. Hammers, rocks, our shoes. We can only manage to crack open a couple. The seeds are broken. We plant them anyway, in hopes there will one day be another peach tree. Another pair of best friends. I wish I could be 11 again. I wish I could spend another day picking peaches with my best friend. 
This is a true story, about the summer before I moved. I moved from Massachusetts to Utah. I still keep in touch with my childhood best friend, but I have only seen her in person once in the last 3.5 years. 

wow I really feel the nostalgia in this piece!! It's so simple and beautiful, it reminds me of my friend.

• Avril

Oh this is sad but so heartfelt. I love how you take a single memory and make it mean so much more.
    Re: thanks! aw moving can be so hard!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: glad to hear it!! And ha, it’s a really cute pic!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: Aw, thank you! I’m great, thank you! How are you? And I love your pfp!!!

• BriRiley

Hey your on the writing group too! Yay!

awwww, reading the footnote, so sad! My childhood best friend moved away too a few years ago and I still remember doing things like this with her! Also, the imagery you used like describing the juices was just so vivid and really added to it! And the ending rhymes so beautifully! Amazing!

• katnissromanoff

Oh my gosh, I love this so much!!!! Fantastic job :)