Jo Rejoicing

Homeschooled
Multilingual
ESFP/Enneagram 2 and 7
Artist
Pianist
Scientist
Reader
Writer
Narnian
Annieran
Redwaller
Joshua 1:9

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us REJOICE and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24

My mind is like a good book in three respects: that it is easy to get lost in it; that it has lots of unexpected twists; and that there is never really an end.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king." - J. R. R. Tolkien

if you are an imperfect human, repeat these out loud

5
  1. I am rescued (He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves...Colossians 1:13)
  2. I am alive (When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ...Colossians 2:13)
  3. I am forgiven (...Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13)
  4. I am chosen (For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you...1 Thessalonians 1:4)
  5. I am valuable (Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:26)
  6. I am fearfully and wonderfully made (I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14)
  7. I am purified (But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7)
1: God loves you so much, He rescued you from darkness and sin because He sent His one and only son, Jesus to die for you. Think about that. The Son of our God died for your sake. 

2: When you accept God's gift of forgiveness and mercy, you are born again. You are a new person. When you were once dead in sin and darkness, God brought you into light and life. 

3: If you ever feel like you can never be forgiven, remember this. God loves you so much, that there is nothing you can do that He won't forgive. Recognize you are a sinner and that you have done wrong, then ask God to forgive you. Then you are a new person. Live as God would want you to, and ask Him to help you fight temptation and sin. 

4: God chose you. Jesus said, "you did not choose me, but I chose you." What did He mean? He meant that you are chosen as eligible for God's grace and salvation. Think of it like a lottery where everyone who enters wins. Jesus is the lottery. When you accept Him, you're buying a lottery ticket. Except everyone who lets Jesus in wins! The prize? Grace, salvation, and eternal life. 

5: You are valuable. The world is full of lies that will tell you different, but don't believe them. I know it's hard to ignore and shun the lies, but repeat God's Truths, and it'll be a lot easier. God sees your needs, fears, insecurities, everything! He will take care of you, because He knows you are valuable. We take care of things that are valuable to us, right?

6: "You're not beautiful", "you're not enough", and similar thoughts often penetrate our minds, right? Well, God says different. He knitted us together. He made us in His image. We are His workmanship. He knew us before we were even born. How amazing is that? You're not a mistake. God made you exactly how He intended to. 

7: Sin makes us dirty and dark. But accept Jesus into your heart, live in godliness, be a good steward of your life, body, mind, and Earth, and God makes us clean! When we ask Him for forgiveness, He purifies us! 

I pray that this was a light to you, and opened your eyes. If you ever feel anything negative, ungodly, depressing, or untrue, God's Truth (the Bible) will always tell you what you should believe! If you don't have a Bible, check out the YouVersion app, or Biblehub.com. The ESV and NIV are my two personal favorite versions. Go check them out!

• November 13, 2020 - 11:00am (Now Viewing)

YES! This needs to be heard everywhere.

• rwong

so true! <3

• Livsnjutare

This is the most beautiful and thoughtful piece and everything said is 100% true.

• doodleninja

aw, I love this! Thank you for this reminder and wonderful compilation of these verses! :) <3