AstroWriter

I write for myself and share pieces for you to enjoy as well!
ENFJ
Hardworking • Funny • Nice • Sarcastic • Curious
She/Her
Am a writer to advocate and entertain
<3
*ASTRONOMER IN WORKS*

Hi! This is a small writing piece I wrote that visualizes a girl in WW2. I would like your feedback on how YOU saw the picture. Thanks!

Piece of the Running War

7
  I run away, not looking back. Tears come down faster than gun shots. I already know the only place I ever loved and lived in, is covered in flames. "What are you doing?! Go get her blöd!" I hear. I run in the vast, brown woods hiding from the soldiers. I don't know where my ma, pa and little brother are, but I know to run as fast as I can. Leaves and twigs are crunching beneath my feet when I desperately want them to be quiet. I run till midnight, until I am sure no one is following me. I pause to rest, my feet aching. I am too scared to sleep, but my body says otherwise.
       That night I dream of my ma and I walking past a crowded ghetto going to Aunt Aleksander's clothing shop. I can see and hear sadness all around, while I hear the Nazis heavy footsteps. Aunt Aleksander's shop is small, but the złoty she makes from it is bigger. I stroke a grey sweater made from a wolf's skin while my mom talks with Aunt Aleksander about how she is struggling to hide her Polish identity. "I wake up every morning scared thinking Germans can be inside our house any second now" my ma whispers. "Siostra, everything will be fine again soon. God will make it happen" my Aunt whispers back. "How?"
        I wake up to hear birds chirping and the leaves fluttering by. My stomach is rumbling since I hadn't ate dinner last night, so I go to get some berries. I know how to find non-poisonous berries, but still I don't get the ones I am not totally sure about. Before the war, my pa, brother and I would go hunting for meat and berries and my pa taught us how to find berries that were edible. Just the thought of him made me clench my fists at the Nazis. As I go pick a juicy, red berry, I hear foot steps. "Hey! I think I hear something Albretch!" I drop my berries and start to run.

• November 13, 2020 - 9:52am (Now Viewing)

• AstroWriter

Thank you Katnissromanoff! I am glad you guys have found it interesting and enoyed it. I also like anything that is set on WW2! :)

• katnissromanoff

I love this. It's so amazing!!! I enjoy reading anything set during WW2 and I thought that this was so interesting and well-written

• AstroWriter

Hi guys! Thank you for this amazing feedback and support! I will definitely enter into the novel experts competition! Thank you!

• Anlee

woah the imagery is stunning! really really well written <33

wow. this is so intriguing and amazing writing.... ahhh, my blood rose while i read it..... keep writing! welcome to wtw, too. i f you need anything, plz comment on one of my pieces and i will try my best to help you! <3<3<3

you should enter this in this months contest! It's novel excerpts and this fits the guidelines perfectly!!! so well written and tells a really intriguing story!!