Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Hey guys! I'm planning on entering some writing to the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. I can enter as many pieces as I want, but I don't know where to start. Please comment some of your favorite pieces of mine to help me out. They don't have to be recent, as all my writing here is from this year.
Update (12/23/2020): I plan on entering this into the Scholastics comp, so I'd really appreciate constructive feedback in comments and/or reviews. :)

until then, my love (republishing for peer review)

40

do you have a favorite star?
i don't, but i think i'd like the sound of sirius on your lips.

you're a shooting star;
you burn so bright yet fly so far away.

but i am learning patience.
i can stay or leave, and you'll still be out there.

the universe is vast,
and i think time will wait for you to find me.

you don't need medals or a crown of perfection.
just bring faith and love, and that's perfect enough for me.

may heaven bless you, because you're heaven-sent.
and i, my dear, am here.
This is a letter to my future husband (if it's God's will that I get married). I may not know who he is or what he's like, but I know that God's got a wonderful plan for the two of us. I pray for him, whoever he is.
I wrote this late last night after hearing Prince Charming by Leanna Crawford (an amazing artist I just discovered) for the first time, and I recommend giving it a listen. And while you're at it, her songs Mean Girls and Fragile Heart (and literally every song she's written) are incredible.

2

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Ahh I love this so much

• V-Rose

Here's chapter 23 of Death's Tales! Merry Christmas!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: count on it! Only the best for my WtW mom! ;)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: awww, that’s an adorable name!! Mine were Meadow and Tybee (both girls). And aw, I didn’t know you used to do it!! Yes, it’s fun! I actually ride English, I like those saddles more. One day I’m sure you’ll get to do that (I will come bring a horse to you if need be!! XD )

• happygiggles (not as active anymore)

Oh my giggly golly gosh, it's been a while, my friend! How I have missed you! I've been super busy doing- well, not much, I've kinda been busy doing nothing, just thinking and eating, you get me? LOL! What have you been up to? Anything exciting? How was your Christmas? I got to see my Nana, it was so nice to see her after so much time away from her!

Also, this piece is so sweet! I'm sure you'll make a beautiful bride someday!

Also, belated Happy Christmas! <3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: okay, awesome about OCC. and yesssssss I will see you soon then, I hope!!!!! Aww, what was his/her name? Yeah, it’s a tad creepy when you’re just walking by and it’s staring at you, but actually sleeping....
    Yes you shall ride! That’s so neat that you have that connection! And hey, you don’t need any experience to ride! I know you could do it!! The hardest part if if you get nervous, because the fantastic animals can sense that, and it makes them nervous. It’s so interesting to watch little kids ride. I’ve seen girls in GS who were really young, and FEARLESS!! They hop up on that horse and riiiiiiddddeee! It’s amazing actually. Some of them are really really good, and they’ve never been on a horse before. Little kids + horses = paradise! XD

replying: aww<3<3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you so much for the awesome comment!!
    I’m glad you’re doing well! As far as the OCC things goes, our Girl Scout Troop did it last year, but since that was before all the Covid restrictions we didn’t this year. We’ve actually been limited on just meeting. Wow, definitely some interesting dreams!
    Come. Visit. Me. Here!!!!! Pleaseeee!
    And yes the cookies are all amazing! XD And guinea pigs are cute, although they do tend to sleep with their eyes open, which is not so cute, lol. I hope someday you get a chance to ride! If you ever visit me here, I’ll take you!!!
    Thanks so much for the comment!! :) Have a great day!! <3333

replying: also i do that with my blancky too lol

replying: Thanks for the recommondations,i really want to read more poetry.I'm sure I'll love it. Oh that's interesting...I didn't know that.lol I think we all sucked in the beginning..
    awww Anne that means so much to me<3 i don't know what to say,thank you so so much.You are very very talented and I've learnt so much from you! I never thought I would tell you this but oh well.
    When I first came to wtw I would read your pieces and I was like your biggest fan,and I just wanted you to like my pieces and notice me.I remember I saw your comments on other people's pieces and I wanted you to comment on mine and I wanted to be friends with you so much.lol i was so lame. and then you liked a few pieces and i went to my sister and i was like "there is this girl called anne and she likes my pieces but never comments" I WAS SO RUDE IM SO SORRY LOL. and then after a while you folloed me and that was literally my GOAL in wtw.I was literally freaking out so much,I was like I don't need anything else. lol funny story
    Anyways I look up to you so much<3 love you

• Fariha

Re: Sure! Take care!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hi, Blue! How are you this morning?

My Dust Jacket is out now, if you’d like to look at it when you get a chance! Thank you so much for the questions! :)

• crystalline•galaxies

re: thank you for the kind words! and no, i’m not really from switzerland, i just used it as a way to keep my actual country anonymous.

• crystalline•galaxies

re: aw, thanks for your comment! and yes, it’s official between us. it’s kind of nerve wracking, to be honest — i’ve never been in a relationship before. but it’ll be a journey, that’s for sure. happy belated christmas (if you celebrate it), and happy holidays!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you so much, Anne! Your comments mean so much!! <333

I don't know how I missed this piece! This is so touching and beautiful; I love the cosmic theme. I also love Leanna Crawford—I haven't listened to much of her music but I heard Fragile Heart the other day and just fell in love with it, so now I'm going to check her music out.
    Re: Thank you! I wanted a positive message at the end...I was inspired from a prompt about writing about the cause of something, so I wanted to look at the cause of low self-confidence.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: <33333

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thanks again, Blue. It’s so hard to love people. But it makes us stronger, I suppose. I hope you have an awesome night! <333

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you so much!! I’m glad you got it! I was afraid it’d be too... violent. I find it kind of hopeful, but I’m trying to work out some of the mess in my head. Yep, HSP’s forever, lol. I worry about my friends. And crush. If that boy keeps making me cry without meaning to or knowing he did.... I don’t know. That’s not a threat, so.... yeah I give up, lol. Excuse me while I go find some pie.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you and thank you!! <333

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: yeah, it’s really upsetting. Thank you so much, Blue, it means a lot to me. I hope you have a great day and stay safe! <3333333
    Ps. I’m planning on changing my pfp to a pic I draw..... we will see how that works! XD I’ve been using drawing as a different creative outlet the past few days, and for some reason, my mind has very very weird ways of interpreting feelings.....

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: hey! I’m sorry it took me so long to respond! So what happened was early yesterday morning, an RV exploded downtown. It decimated an entire street at least. The weird part was that before it blew, there was a recording of a woman’s voice that played that said “if you are close enough to hear this message, evacuate now”. Police came in and got everyone out of the houses as far as they know, but they think there might have been at least one death. But if someone was sick enough to blow up an entire street that would displace that many people, why did they play a mysterious warning from the RV that warned people to get out?! It’s crazy and sick. We thankfully don’t live in Nashville, but we don’t live too too far away. And we used to live even closer. I still consider Nashville part of my home. I would really appreciate prayers. Thank you so much.

• Fariha

Re: Thankyou! Would really appreciate if you check my work and leave a review<3

oh just saw your message box! i will comment my favourite pieces soon

i cant promise to be a huge help,but i will try

hey anne,i know youre looking for help on your pieces for your competition.i thought i would like to help you out. let me know which piece you would like reviewed the most and i can get to it as soon as i am able to. i dont usually review because i dont think im good at it and it scares me, but i can try and i really want to help my triplet<3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

I can tell you more details if you want. It was an explosion downtown.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hi, Blue! How are you doing?

Could I ask for prayers for Nashville please? There was a disaster there yesterday. A bomb.

• Chacko_Stephen

Re: Aww, thank you so much. I am so glad you liked that one ^-^

• Wisp

The flow of this!! Just so sweet and I love how it captures such sweetness in such a short piece! And your footnotes! Ahh, rereading the piece after reading that just made the piece hit different and gosh am I in love with it. And that last line! Absolutely love it! There's such a sweetness here, as if a warm hug is encompassing you, a lovely little message and that is just so endearing. Whoever you marry in the future, I wish you two the very best!
    Replying: Merry Christmas Anne!! You're such a light of life here and I hope today grants you smiles and happiness!

• Tushar Mandhan

merry christmas!!!! may God bess you anne.

I'm not going to paste my favourite part, because everything is just *chef's kiss*. I think it's perfect as it is!

What's this scholastic competition?

• Chacko_Stephen

"the universe is vast, and I think time will wait for you to find me." Beautiful.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: <333333

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aww, thank you so much for the questions too! I’ll definitely use those!! Thank you!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you, Blue!! <3333333 Wow, you’ve got 319?! CONGRATS ON THAT!!!

also "Um wow okay just do that awesomeness." lol youre so funny and cute

replying: oh my gosh, thank you so much anne!im so happy you liked it<3
    haha yeah i also dont believe in them, but i meant like i guess the personality or traits that they use to describe pisces,like if i fit into it. LOL WHAT THE HECK AM I SAYING idk

• Fariha

Wow! Love it!

• lochnessie

re: hehe i'm not alone! and NO yours was better i already know
    anyway we're in the depths of eye description please send help (blushes)

re: you should totally try it! :) it could probably be really good because it's a really calm way of stretching and moving so *shrugs* idk! definitely check in with your doctors tho. I'm so glad you liked the poem!! :)

• happygiggles (not as active anymore)

This is so good Anne! Also, when I have some free time, I'll go through your profile and the comment links to my favourite pieces of yours on here! Good luck in your competition, I have so much faith in you! <33

• V-Rose

Here's a new chapter (FINALLY!) for Death's Tales!

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Aw, thanks!

• musicmaker

re: Cool! Thanks for letting me know!

• ~Zoe N~

re: Very true :)

• beth r.

re: aw thanks! perhaps i should look into it, but actually wanna be a bioegineer :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you!! I’m so glad!!! :D

• Just_A_Memory

I adore this *Insert puppy eyes* This is so sweet, and you BETTER show this to your future hubby. I believe that you will <3

• beth r.

re: thank you so much! one of my favorite pieces of yours is age of the mind, and this one is great to!

• wil

This is really pretty and heartfelt. I'm sure God has an awesome man out there for you.
    Re: Air soft is kind of like laser tag but the guns are a lot bigger and more realistic. We do use plastic BBs, and it does hurt a little when you get shot but shooting is a lot more accurate than with laser tag.

• ~wildflower~

Re: thank you soooo much!!! <3 <3

• lochnessie

re: thank youuu <3

• lochnessie

re: awesome! good luck for the comp! i'm alright - exam season in australia so stuff's hectic. studying/cleaning/study-crying over the phone with friends.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aw, of course!! :) I love your writing! :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

I think a few of my faves that you might enter in the comp are So Be You, Nashville Collisions, and this one

• lochnessie

re: yayyy
    how are you going?

• lochnessie

aw this is beautiful! i truly hope that should you ever get married you'll show your future husband this poem, it's so lovely <3

• katnissromanoff

This is so beautiful and romantic. I love it :)

• birthdaycandles

Aww Anne thanks for your comment! Also, awwwwwwwwwwwhhhhh this is the sweetest, romantic(est), kindest, heartfelt(est) thing ever. I always wonder if God will bring me someone as well, but you’re right in that being patient, God will work things out, He always has a plan <3 Have a blessed weekend. Also, uhm me n giggles are in ur bio???? girrrllll I love it lol xD

• kealoha

Aww this is so sweet and lovely <3

• anemoia by a thread

Wow this is way more poetic and sweet than any of my letters. If that's God's plan for you, he will sure be a lucky man.

• ANSON REYNOLDS

ohh I love this <3 all my letters to my future husband up with me talking about how weird it is to be talking to my future husband, so props for finishing this and making it sooooo beautiful

Re: Oh that's annoying! I've had stuff like that happen..I wrote "Hilarious :P" Yep that's exactly what I wrote :P

oooooh this is simply GORGEOUS <333 i love your writing! :D This is really wonderful <333

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Beautiful and oh so relatable!
    Re: ah, thank you. Indeed.

• ~madeline~

You've done it again Anne! Beautiful!!!

• beth r.

Love this! and i love love lol

Beautiful <33