Wisp

i still dream of you

est. 26.9.19

Lovelies, don't forget to love yourself.

and sometimes i forget to tell you i love you

29

/you know/ 
/sometimes in the middle of the night/i wake up with tears in my eyes/with the thought of you pushing me away/because i want to hold you close/and i want to kiss you goodnight/and wipe the stray tears from your soft eyelashes/whispering soft nothings into your ears until your muscles relax/and i can feel the way your sobs turn into soft hiccups/

/and/i wish/you believed the things i told you/because you are beautiful/drenched in the rays of first light/wearing the midnight cape of twinkling stars and moon blessings/sitting by the windowsill and looking at monochrome worlds/just being/you/

/i hate that you think you are alone/i hate that i cannot tell you enough how much you mean to me/i hate how i take you for granted/i hate how i forget to tell you i love you/because if you are in the passenger seat in the car of your life, i'm in the backseat/crashing along with you/

//when i dream of moonlight ripples/and falling stars/and seraphic beings/and drifting dandelions/i remember you/and i feel tears gently soothe my eyelids shut/trickling with the hope of forever/because/you remind me to dream again/

//and i could never forget you/i didn't just love you for that kind smile/and all the things you wanted others to think of you as/i love you for all the things you think you're not/and all the things you are/i love you for all the reasons that keep you up at night/i love you for the reasons you hate yourself/i love you/through and through/ 

///and i forget to tell you sometimes/but/

///i love you/
For that little child crying in all of us. Don't forget to show yourself some love, because you are loved

And this piece was inspired by sunny.v's piece, sometimes i forget to: (if you're reading this, sunny girl, this one's for you!)

• crystalline•galaxies

re: oh no you’re not overstepping at all! i don’t have any prose, unfortunately, but google hangouts should work for sure.

• Caleb Urlacher

i love your style!

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

This is so good. Thank you for reminding people to love themselves.

• løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

this is beautiful! the last two lines really hit hard. not ashamed to say i shed a few tears :)

re: <3

• Maya'sTired

When I read this the first time, I thought it was about a parent and their child as the kid grew up and the two of them grew distant. Then I read your foot note. Then I might've cried a little. In a good way, of course. Beautiful piece and thank you for the message, I needed to hear it today.

• Future Pseudonym

Re: Everything I said was true! And thank you so much for your support, haha. Looking forward to your dust jacket!

• hi i'm jackson ;)

wow, this is beautiful! Also, I saw your comment on my piece, and can I just say...well, I don't know what to say. I'm glad I could make you happy, even if it was a little thing. I'm sorry for not responding to you, i havent been on wtw in a while because I'm generally exhausted lol. you have a talent, my dude, and this could be your future if you want it. you could be the next edgar allen poe! you're an amazing human being (man my grammar is crap today) and I hope you're doing great friend!

• rosemarywisdom

I'M honored to have YOU follow ME! You spin a web of imagery in your pieces so lifelike it's as if I can see the words take physical form, vivid and distinct. You're a lowercase prose icon, and I'm proud to call you my fellow writer and my friend. Your comment made my day. :)
    Chat anytime <3
    Rose

• The Secret Society of Purple Iguanas of Death Online

Awww, this piece is full of such sad devotion. I love the way you write though. My favorite stanza is the one that starts with “when I dream of moonlight ripples”.
    Also,
    replying: Thank you so much for all your encouragement and kind words. I look forward to seeing you grow as a writer on this site; your work is already so wonderful!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: you... liked... the vanilla cigarettes piece? i disliked it so much oh my goodness... thank you thank you thank you!
    i've started reading your comments on my pieces whenever i'm feeling down. it's an instant mood-booster, honestly.

• Dmoral

this is heartbreaking.

a "bad night" ? i feel so inactive here cause life's too crazy nowadays, so the one night i can come alive you're having a rough time? love, i'm always here for ya. you're an amazing person + writer. and i truly enjoy/love your writing.
    wishing u the best ~

I wanted to quote my favorite lines, but this whole piece is so achingly lovely that it's nearly impossible. Okay, I lied, because "i love you for the reasons you hate yourself" hit me like a sucker punch because I've thought that same thing so many times... gosh this is beautiful.

• crystalline•galaxies

this is so... so... wow. i read it and cried. i may have made a few involuntary squeaks in there as well. this touched me so deeply right now. thank you.

what the HECK wisp! why didn’t you! tell me you wrote this! first of all I cannot stop crying bc even if this was like. addressed to a “you”, I for some reason read this as a letter to me bc I’m sad and lonely DJCNJDND “ and/i wish/you believed the things i told you/because you are beautiful/drenched in the rays of first light/” helpppp ;-; your words are so very kind. i hope you know that you mean so much to me, too. you’re always being so genuine and profound in other people’s comments, and I can’t tell u how many times I’ve smile bc of you. thank u sm :( love u girlie <3 <3

• birthdaycandles

I started tearing up at this... and I'm not entirely sure why. Sometimes you come across something that you feel you were meant to read. Agreeing with Cosmogyral, it's a piece of emotional excellence. :)

• Cosmogyral

I can't say I've been there, but I do know that this piece is truly and inextricably intricate. You've rewarded us with a masterpiece of imagery and intrgrity.

oh man... this is beautiful. I love this so so so much <333 "and i can feel the way your sobs turn into soft hiccups" i love this imagery! we've all been here, and you've taken such a real moment and turned it into poetry in and of itself. "i remember you/and i feel tears gently soothe my eyelids shut/trickling with the hope of forever/because/you remind me to dream again" this is so beautiful! gah the emotion in this piece is gonna make me fall apart! I love the slightly staggered flow in this line. Wow, this really is stunning. the little child inside me wants to be held and told its all okay--and this piece did exactly that. wow i love this <333 really beautiful. i love reading your work!

• Anlee

beautiful beautiful piece. the imagery is just so soft and warm and gorgeous and it soothes me. "i love you" is such a powerful phrase and you've incorporated it so well into your writing <33
    re: thank you for your lovely comments and concern. things have been pretty tough for a variety of reasons but im fine :)

• Sunflower50

This is so beautiful!! Your writing flows so well.