rainandsonder

"the audience is only safe when the story isn't about them."

they/them - probably listening to sufjan stevens

an important piece by outoftheblue- https://bit.ly/3dBxv5r

black lives matter & pride is over but the fight for lgbt+ rights is year round.

bio quote is from the magnus archives

life lessons from the southwest

22

colorado says you'll never see the 
mountains at sunset the same way twice.

the days melt like snowflakes, the air so thin
it tears if you're not careful. vegas says to lean into the

headache. the skyline hurts like a broken radio.
a city so green and greedy even the graveyards 

smell like a casino. california says
there's a graveyard for everything in the desert:

airplanes, wind farms, bushes drowned in
sunlight. if you're not careful,

you drive through one end and
leave your body behind. 
so i've been taking a bit of a hiatus lately, but i think i'm ready to be back now! this is the first piece i've written in a while that i feel good enough about to post, so i'd love to hear thoughts/feedback on it! 

• November 15, 2020 - 10:45am (Now Viewing)

• Yellow Sweater

The imagery in this is absolutely incredible, so is the way it is presented! It feels like a highway, stretched thin and teetering between dimensions.

• nolongeractive

This is so deep and well written I can't even comprehend words. I mean wow, I defintiely want to review this - you have so much talent. I can't wait to see what else you write. I would love for you to review one of my songs if you have time, I definitely need reviews on my songs 'gatekeepe' 'motif' and 'butterfly sadness' - review for review!

This is so pretty! It's very very beautiful!

• inanutshell

love how you've used personifications to convey what we can learn from each state, it gives them such a life of their own. glad you're back.

• anemoia by a thread

ahhhhhh this is simply gorgeous. i love the southwest. high mtn desert, junipers, aspens, dry heat, and red rock forever! and your username is just a breath of fresh air. your way with words is just stunning.

• Tula.S

amazing. you give such personality to each state, and that makes it one hundred times more interesting to read.

• jun lei

your writing is so gorgeous, and i'm so happy to see you popping up on my dash again. missed reading your stunning poetry.

• Cosmogyral

it's such a beautiful piece, i might do one about the southeast. but i doubt i'll match its' majesty.

Wow, this is so incredible. I mean just really beautiful. Glad to see you around.

okay i had to read this again... such a simple poem but so impactful and it conveys so much! ahhhh! one thing i noticed (idk if intentional): you used the word "graveyard" twice and so some repetition, but can also be read as "careless" word choice so might want to change that. the ending tho... <3

woah. i love this! especially the idea of these states and what you learn there and the geography-- beautiful labor of love is i say so myself. this line: " the air so thin
    it tears if you're not careful." ahhh amazing metaphor and personification! also the California bit-- so true and relatable and beautiful and your words just come alive in such a phenomenal way. i look forward to reading more of your work! <3<3<3