Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

proud!

<3

heartbeat

21

broken glass reminds me to breathe, how i only ever helped the ones who helped me
and i threw back my head and screamed.      i reach for the skies only to tear them apart at the seams,
letting the world fall flat at my feet, ethereal melodies falling offbeat.       and
it's my fault.      i break through the background, spread my ashes over the wounds that
pulled us apart so long ago.      and in the middle of it all, the afterglow of us
reminds me that it ended before it began, the crooked path that was our only plan
never quite got us out of the mess we're in.      you calmly remind me of all of my sins, skin-
deep, married to a fake grin, you were everything and then      i was in over my head.
tremble, waiting for the signal, voice cracks and you scream a little      louder, than
the sirens blaring while i sleep,      this isn't over, we're in too deep, too
far to call for help and it kills me       that i can't be strong enough, don't you see
i'm not everything you need.
glass eyes, spinning round and wound counter-clockwise      the butterflies that
you swear i'm imagining, they fall and i try to stop from shattering
as my wings don't catch me this time,      letting go of my life-line,
mourning the dreams we left behind us, when our faith tried to be superfluous
and our monologues left us empty, starved love, as out of reach as the morning dove
but there's always something left to cry over,       and my heart is a supernova in your hands
and it's frightening, how fast i'm      spiraling
i try not to betray        how much i feel alone

and my whispers fade away

• rwong

arggghhh this (and all your writing for that matter) is so beautifull and also yes i know i commented on this before. is it weird to want to like your writing a second time, and be really disappointed cause i cant?? <3 <3 <3

• lochnessie

AH FRICK HOW DO I KEEP MISSING YOUR WRITING

re: yess sunny and dmoral are legends, aren't they? i love your work so it's the least i can do.

this is one of the best uses of spacing and rhythm i've ever seen. the meter is impeccable and it's exceptionally fun to read. it kinda rolls off, yknow? the rhymes are amazing, especially coming from someone who can't rhyme to save their life lol. i think this might be a new favorite? "how i only ever helped the ones who helped me" ahhhhhh i love this sm.

• Cosmogyral

re: thank you :') *cries uncontrollably*

• antizoeclub

ahhh i love this, "i reach for the skies only to tear them apart at the seams" is just so... sharp and feral and real fdsklks <3

• rwong

what do i say?? i'm speechless this is so beautiful <3

oh wow. the words you've crafted.... word art. ahhh i love this so much and so impactful! <3
    re: thanks of u!

• midnight.summerrose

Re: you literally deserve every single comment because you are so sweet, helpful, kind and extreme talented!! :)

• sci-Fi

Wow.... this is so emotional and heartbreaking and powerful. I'm in love

• Jay Shortz

This is sooooo lovely, the emotions and the rhythms and flow all are so powerful and beautifully written!

• midnight.summerrose

Oh wow!! This is amazing!! It’s beautiful and stunning work! :)

• daisiesonfilm

this is so indescribably beautiful i am in love with its mere essence,, just wow

• pyrrhic

I LOVE THIS. it's so heartfelt, and emotional, and i'M NOT CRYING U ARE