Cheshire Cat

I am 14
catholic
Capricorn
Love the lunar chronicles
Kinder <3
Wolflet <3
Cresswell <3

light profile
https://www.writelight.org/profile/marisajaramillo/profile
Prose
https://theprose.com/CheshireKid

"So, while you've been playing checkers... I've been playing chess. Checkmate." -Kai Parker, Legacies

Faked, unnoticed, invisible, last one, back up, alone.

13
I have faked my smiles since the 5th grade. Today my “friend” 
asked if I ever faked a smile and I said sometimes. 
At that moment I faked a smile.
When I am at school or in public 
I am that quiet girl in the corner 
who has no one to talk to.
I don't want them to judge me 
that my wild side is too wild.
When I am at home with my family 
I'm the wildest thing you'll ever see.
When we get to partner up at school
I'm by myself because none of my 
friends want to be with me.
At night I like to look at sad quotes.
When I'm in bed I think of all the things 
I read about not being included in the
friend group, and realize I have the same problem.
When there's no more room I have to go last.
I'm the last one picked when picking teams.
I'm the least favorite person in the group.
I check the chat every night only to turn it off right away.
I am never invited to group events.
I don't have a phone but I have email and chats,
But still, no one talks to me.
I didn't really know what to do for a title.
btw this is all true.

• November 14, 2020 - 9:07am (Now Viewing)

RE: What do you mean?

Omg, I'm so sorry that you've had to go through this! I know what it feels like- I was (same age as you when you wrote this) 13 when I had this toxic friend group. I finally decided to leave them and I felt so much better for it- and now I have the best friends in the world! I'm always here if you want to talk and I hope these "friends" realize what they're missing! This was so deep and again, I hope you aren't facing this anymore but if you are- I'm here :) "At that moment I faked a smile." -amazing RE: Of course- hope 14 is treating you well!! :))

• anonymous_123 [Child of God]

I'm giving back to my followers! By peer reviewing any work and adding them to my footnotes! This is going to my footnotes for my piece words of encouragement #6! :)

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I relate to this. I'm sorry you're going through this. This piece was powerful, raw and vulnerable. I'm here if you need to chat. Sending hugs.

• Just_A_Memory

I'm so sorry! I understand this, but I'll never understand it through your eyes. It's hard having to fake a smile all the time. Eventually it becomes a habit that you just can't get rid of. And everyone's there, but no one is there. It's a really sucky situation, and I wish you all the best. Find people who understand you and love you for being you.

• V-Rose

Here's a new chapter (FINALLY!) for Death's Tales!

let me just say i totally understand this... i have almost no friend at school because i kinda keep to myself. huge introvert... i usually used to read during lunch (then covid so). if we went to the same school i would sit with you every day! you seem like such a kind, caring, interesting person. i can't wait to get to know you better. also i listen to sad songs and look at sad quotes, too. at least those people can understand me sometimes more than i can. so.... letting you know you are cared for and loved and this is hard, i know. also i didn't get a phone until about a month ago when i turned 14.... i begged my parents and all. i have a ton of restrictions on it now and it's ok. a phone isn't the end of the world even when i thought it was. and looking at your bio.... i love the lunar chronicles, too! it's been a while since i read them, but i remember laughing and crying so hard while reading them. i think scarlett was my fav. <3<3<3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Aww, I’m so sorry! Can I do anything for you? This poem is really well written though.

• sci-Fi

I'm sorry. I've had to fake a smile sometimes for my family also, but I'm lucky to have friends I can always be honest with. I hope things get better <3

• almost flora kane

i feel you. i'm sorry it's like that. great piece of writing came out of it though:) and i like the title.