crystalline•galaxies

Switzerland

tuffy
she/they
infp-a | 4w5

yes, this piece is based on a real-life pet's death, though it is up for interpretation. i won't be offended, i promise.

"i'm here," says Death.

14
it hurts.
i know it does. come with me now, small one.
no, no, i'll be ok. i've got family back at home, my brothers waiting for me...
they'll be ok. you need to come with me now.
no, they'll worry about me. i need to say goodbye before i leave.
your goodbyes have been sent on the wings of air. they will receive them.
but... what about the others? the ones who loved me? 
they already know. 
do they know that i miss them?
yes. of course they do.
it hurts so badly.
come here. i can help you. the pain will stop, i promise.
but i can't leave. i-i- need to...
there is nothing of importance that you can do now. your service here is complete.
can i ask you a question before i go?
go ahead.
was i a good rat?
the very best.
they didn't hate me?
not one bit. they adored you.
you're not just saying that?
i wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. are you ready to come with me now?
i can't breathe anymore. it hurts so much.
come here. i've got you now.

i'm here.

• Minvra

I'm going to need some chocolate after my cry session.

• Minvra

It's so deep.

Oh this is so sad:( ugh this makes so sad omggg

awww this piece is gonna make me cry... :'(

re: ooh, cool! that sounds like such a pretty hair color... *sighs wistfully*

• lochnessie

rAH i forgot you in my descriptions!
    9) they're very tall, with a lovely smile. maybe blond? i feel like i have nothing to go off here... they have a calming voice that babies and toddlers like, and they're shy but can talk their way out of any situation. they've got extremely endearing freckles as well - if they don't have freckles their soul does. it's non-negotiable.

• lochnessie

re: aw thank you! you're more spectacular. and tuffy is brilliant, i willl never stop calling you that.

• lochnessie

(comparison of those two comments like) oh god, i'm so insincere. but i am, i promise, you made me cry and that.. okay that happens all the time but not usually when i read writing. so you can't see the time difference in this but i just sat full-blown sobbing for a minute, there you go.

• lochnessie

TUFFY -
    HAVE YOU FULFILLED ALL MY NICKNAME DREAMS ?

• lochnessie

oh dear- and what a rat your rat must have been. honestly, i'm so sorry for your loss - it's so hard to lose a pet, and you've written this so tenderly and lovingly and beautifully. i had a white mouse when i was little that i adored with all my heart - as they say, good (the best) things, and the biggest hearts, come in small packages <3

• asta

“was i a good rat? the very best” shfdgdfhh but in all seriousness, i’m very sorry for your loss. this piece is so gently funny, and i know he would’ve loved it, and you. sending all my love <3

• Wisp

Replying: Oh my gosh I feel horrible now. I'm so so so sorry that you lost a beloved pet, I know that must be hard, and all I can offer are my condolences. Once again, I am so so so so sorry for the way I interpreted this, I really just thought it was something else and I'm sorry if I undermined the meaning and the idea behind it. I'm truly sorry for your loss and the misunderstanding.

tuff, again, i am so so very sorry for your loss. he must’ve been such a good rat. this piece was so sentimental and gentle, despite its content, and the characterization of Death as a being who brought him away from the pain was ever so bittersweet and lovely. “ the very best. / they didn't hate me? / not one bit. they adored you.” this was such a tear jerking exchange, and i can feel your emotions throughout the piece. all my love, tuff. lovely piece, and i’m sure he would have loved it, too. <3

• Wisp

STOP MAKING ME FEEL BAD FOR A RAT!!!
    Oh my gosh, the rat part had me laughing I'm sorry.
    But the piece itself was so bittersweet and it had that feel of childhood innocence in this conversation with death, The vibe sorta reminded me of "The Book Thief" in a way and I just loved the semblance and personification of Death. You built their character so well, and the rat itself, you really had me believing it was a child at the beginning, and my heart was aching for them. But then you twisted the whole thing around, and oh my gosh I loved it even more than the typical child talks the Death thing (don't get me wrong, I still love that). And that ending broke me, the space between the last sentence just had me sobbing, there's parental care there and it hurts so much to read. You really create this idea that at the end of the day, no matter what we believe, Death will always be a constant for all of us, and that we'll always have something to turn to, even if it is as dastardly as Death itself.