Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
lesbian & genderfluid | christian

full of wonder

wtw parent to that one rat from ratatouille
say hi to these cool people: Wisp, rwong, and em wilder

--

"My work is loving the world.
Here the sunflowers, there the hummingbird--
equal seekers of sweetness.
Here the quickening yeast; there the blue plums.
Here the clam deep in the speckled sand."
- "Messenger", Mary Oliver

"And I will show that nothing can happen more beautiful than death,
And I will thread a thread through my poems that time and event are compact,
And that all the things of the universe are perfect miracles, each as profound as any."
-Song of Myself (Leaves of Grass, Walt Whitman)

--

Making my way through this world, trying to help as many people as I can.

the lavender girl

21

she looks up at the pink clouds, dreaming about what heaven looks like--
golden gates and pearly steps leading to paradise. it breaks her heart to look around
at the world she's been given, all the violence and hate staining the hems red
seeping the seams of the earth in a deep magenta. it's much nicer in her head, where
the world is bathed in a light orange hue, full of flowers and life, dreams that refused to
come true anywhere else. she breathes it in and laughs, but still
reality tugs on her conscience, and she forgets to forget, tears splashing at her feet
staining the lemon-yellow happiness with a melancholic aftertaste
and the vibrant world dims. the grass fades to a sickly green, the sky turned the color of bleach
seeping life and light from her imagination as she looks around and sees
everything that can't be fixed. she hangs out of her window late at night, trying to see
the starlight, but the dark blues that hang around her eyes clouds her view.
she struggles to keep her head above the water, as the waves crash ever louder.

but there is beauty hidden in the world, a pale lilac that lingers just
out of sight. she can still find it, and with every moment, her hope spreads its wings,
taking flight in her restless heart. violets and amethysts crowd her vision,
filling her chest with a joy that cannot be matched. she sheds the darkness-
it has no hold on her. magenta mixes with indigo, spilling purples across the ground.
she spread her arms and throws back her head, laughing in the orchids surrounding her
she inhales and exhales the light, she is the light, and the light is lavender.
pure innocence inside her and around her, she becomes
lavender.
hey! i finished all of my schoolwork, so i decided to have some fun! :) this poem was based on color--especially lavender and purples of all shades. i really hope you liked this! let me know your thoughts! :)

• November 12, 2020 - 9:24am (Now Viewing)

• midnight.summerrose

This is amazing, as always!! Wow, I absolutely love this so much!! Wow wow wow wow wow!! :) the metaphors, language used is just so outstanding!! <3

• Cosmogyral

Re: as always, your continued support makes the effort of the collection worth it <3
    i love this piece, it's so imaginative, it gives a good light to the pastel sort of aesthetic, and i'm glad i have the privaledge of reading your works. <3 <3 <3

re: aaaa my dear you really are one of my fave wtwers so please don't doubt how close to the heart i hold you!! your long comment honestly made my day, it was so detailed and ;-; ;-; i cannot thank you enough!! thank u so much!!! thank u sm for being there for me too, cannot thank u enough. <3 <3 u deserve the world <3

• sci-Fi

I am in love with this wth

I LOVE HOW IT'S COLOR BASED. I was thinking, wow, lots of color imagery and then i got to the footnotes. it's just soothing to read such pleasant description that are just the right amount of flowery and magical without being too complicated.
    Re: aww, thanks! I am so glad to have found your work and you! (I'm on Pacific time, if you're wondering. West coast.)

• Lilyaa

YOU ARE SUCH A TALENTED WRITER IT'S SO UNFAIR!! AHHHH I love this piece!

• Rose A

Loved your poem! It was so amazzing(two Zs for you)! Just wondering... Did you choose purple b/c of your hair?

• crystalline•galaxies

oh, absolutely beautiful. i'd write a more detailed comment if i had time, but let me just say that this piece is phenomenal.
    re: how are you so nice?? today has been great because of you.

hey sweets! it’s a tad bit random, but i wanted to ask: i’m planning on making a “thank you for 250 followers” piece soon. the last milestone piece i made, i wrote an actual piece and then gave my “thank you” in the footnotes. it didn’t get taken down, but it did get flagged (?). so i guess my question is, do you know what’s the best way to write a thank you piece so it kinda passes the loopholes? should i do the same thing i did last time? or should i give my thank you in my message to readers? thank u thank u dearest!

• em wilder

this. this is spectacular! the imagery and the formatting and the colors and the lavender and lilac just... fhjidwosdbjsikop. yeah. fhjidwosdbjsikop. the only word to describe your writing.... and the first paragraph/stanza brought me to tears and then they just kept coming because i really just feeeel this, ya' know? and the second one gosh girl you got talent keep writing! fhjidwosdbjsikop <3<3<3

• rwong

omygosh this is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. I mean, just beautiful especially all the imagery and all the colors. wow. this took my breath away. <3 happy writing :D

• abby.a

"come true anywhere else. she breathes it in and laughs, but still
    staining the lemon-yellow happiness with a melancholic aftertaste" THIS. of course, the whole piece is absolutely STUNNING, but this specific line hit me harder than i thought it would. *sigh* you've created another mater piece that i shall now obsess over for at least a week. ALSO YOU'RE SO CLOSE TO 200 FOLLOWERS OMGGGG AHHHHHH

• dream02

OMIGOSH this is absolutely amazing! You are so talented! Never stop writing! Like seriously <3