acrosstheuniverse28

Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Ballerina
Ravenclaw
Tolkien-ite
Psych-o
Beatlemaniac
(Yay classic rock)
Amateur astronomer
History buff
Musical Lover
Cringey sense of humor
Est. March 2020

WtW's self-proclaimed hermit ;)

"Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box
They tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe" - The Beatles -- an accurate depiction of my brain

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." -- Anne Frank

"Maybe lots of people go through life never knowing they're peculiar." -Ransom Riggs

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving." - Paulo Coelho

~~Stay gold, Ponyboy~~

Anyone in need of reviews, don't hesitate to ask for them! ;)

Visions of Sugarplums

10
Hushed voices wander
excited buzz in the air
something deep within
stirs
Dim lights glow behind the curtain
long shadows dance along the backdrop
wrapped up in our own world

a vision of sugarplums
we've woven together
year after year

Crisp scent of hairspray
sweetness of lipstick
topped with a crown of bobby pins
sweating and smiling
breathing in time with the music
with each other

The music swells
it roars
and the audience roars with it
great tidal waves crashing down
a field of flowers blooming as one
there's no choice but to give in
to this wonderful fantasy
The music
ties us together
a quantum connection
between dancer and audience
It sends us soaring
far beyond the world
to our own visions of sugar plums

The vision only lasts
so long
it soon fades
as quickly and silently as it began
creeping away
sand bown forth by the wind
nothing more than a phantom
a forlorn memory
of wondrous emotions

don't let it stop

As long as the music keeps playing
everything seems all right

Currently listening to the Sugar Plum pas de deux adagio and dreaming of a COVID-free Nutcracker season ;(
If you've never heard the music for the Sugar Plum pas adagio, listen to it now. That's an order. It's absolutely gorgeous!!!
*Title (and some lines) taken from/inspired by Clement Clarke Moore's poem, "A Visit from St. Nicholas" (aka "The Night Before Christmas")

• ava09 (angels, auroras and sad prose #holidayvibes)

oh this is beautiful i love it! and the music is simply gorgeous - it's one of my favorite ballets. :)
    replying: thank you so much for the comment - it means a lot! <3

• Love, Rose

wow this is stunning

• journal.scribbles

re: I know, right? Yay!!! Omg I love Millard too. If I had to choose another favorite character, it'd probably be Enoch. I love his sarcasm. :)

• Rachaelgrace

Oh wow! I love this so much! The descriptions are amazing. And I totally have to listen to the song :)

• journal.scribbles

Sorry, I just forgot to mention this in my comment, but have you heard that Desolations of Devil's Acre is coming out in February? I'm so excited for it

• journal.scribbles

You're gonna make me cry. I miss Nutcracker so much too. But this poem is so beautiful! I agree with sophie and madeline, you captured it so well!!! Also I love the Peculiar Children series! (just saw the quote in your message box. and yes, I was too lazy to type out the entire title XD)

• madeline3.14159

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!! I miss nutcracker sooo much. :( And you captured all the feelings so well!! Were learning adapted versions of some of the pieces but its just not quite the same.

• Rohan’s Defender

THIS IS AMAZING! AHHHHHH!! Wowooowowowow!
    Re: aww, thank you so much! I’m doing well, thank you! I’m glad you are too! :)

• sophie_simile

I love this piece!! I used to do ballet and danced in the Nutcracker once, I totally agree with you how it's like another world! You perfectly captured the feeling of being wrapped up in the music, and your imagery and figurative language is beautiful!
    (that is one of my favorite Nutcracker songs, I also love waltz of the snowflakes)
    Hope you can do it next year/when the the pandemic is over! <3 This was a great read