AJ - Izzy

How to write all of me in less than 10 seconds?

Hmm, let me think... how about DREAMER?

Yup. That works.

"A letter always seemed to me like immortality, because it is the mind alone without corporeal friend."
- Emily Dickinson

sincerely, a broken you

You get a letter from someone who claims to be you from a different dimension. What does it say?
Arriving home, the letter drifts from a crack in the door, softly landing in shaking hands. 

~~~

Dear Izzy,

You probably don't recognize me,
No doubt you'll want to ignore me,
But please, listen to what I have to say. 
I am you... 
    just a little fractured around the edges. 
I know you, more than you'd think. I was you actually, once upon a time. I remember having your thoughts, the constant worries and the slow feeling of time ticking by, light flickering, tauntingly billowing in the frigid, raging zephyr. I remember having an aching heart and tidal wave of emotions, from pain to sorrow to ethereal fantasies on cloud nine... they just kept coming, didn't they? I remember your happiness, your home in words, but I also remember your sadness, those hidden tears and trembling hands you couldn't control sometimes. 
You carried too much of the world on your shoulders. 
I did once too,
    But now... it would crush me. 
        It can crush you too,
But you'll still take the burdens of those around you, won't you?
You're like that. 
I was like that too, until it became to heavy to bear. Until I became an Atlas for the sky, holding onto the trembling canopy over the world, with nothing to support the burning stars overhead but my aching shoulders. 
You're probably wondering why I chose to write to you now, 
    and not a year ago when, things were easier. In a complicated sense. 
I want to give you advice, words of wisdom from an experienced you. I've been through your life, went through what you did, only a little earlier than you. I want to prepare you; something is going to happen, and that something will come out of nowhere, try to knock you down. It will try to break you, cause the sky to fall off your shoulders and crumble your world to the ground; it will try to shatter you. 
Don't let it. 
It will be hard. 
Who am I kidding? It'll seem impossible, full of despair. 
But you're strong,
    and a whole lot tougher than you think.
You're more than just fragments of words, hidden eyes behind lenses, a quarter of a whole. 
You can hold on, you can make it. 
Why, you can hold up the sky! You are holding it, right now. I held it once too, but I didn't let anyone else hold it with me. I was alone under the crushing weight, and the mirror of my soul started to crack. 
Let them help you.
Let them hold up the sky with you. 
And most of all...
Remember who you are; never lose sight of yourself. 
You're a dreamer, you're a warrior,
and you're a writer.

Sincerely,
A broken you <3

~~~

Signed, Year 2039,
Earth 2.05

• In Which Yaya Writes

Oh my gosh, this is beautiful! I love how you combined both the typical letter and poetic writing. I think this really hits everyone in the heart. You did amazingly with this! Thank you!
    Replying: Thank you so much! I’m so glad you liked it. With that line, I wanted to expand on a few “normal” descriptions. Thank you so much for reading and commenting!

• Fly with the shadows

This has to be one of the most incredible pieces I've ever read. It resonated with me a lot and it was amazing how well you described carrying the burden of life and still feeling like it wasn't enough.

wow. just... what can i say to commend and praise this? it's simply astounding and wondrous.

• Lilyaa

This really hit deep but I absolutely loved it! The message was super powerful as well

• Alita Swift

This is really deep... I love it though!

wow. this is so beautiful and an awesome take on the prompt. love this: "I am you...
    just a little fractured around the edges." amazing. <3<3<3

• dream02

Roughhhhhh. Absolutely amazing though. Love it <3