mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

because life is hard right now. also i love spreading kindness and such. and people need to hear this.

to the victims of circumstance

22

to the girl that walks with a book in her hands,

i've got a secret for the mad

to the girl that lives her own fantasizes high up there in her head,

in a little bit of time it won't hurt so bad

to the girl that dares to dream and hope for a better world when it seems all is lost,

and i get that i don't get it

to the girl who sits down at the keyboard and lets her thoughts spill onto the page,

but you will burn right now but then you won't regret it

to the girl that braves the promise of failure and the daunts of success,

you're not gonna believe a word i say

to the girl that dances in the rain and skips through the grass,

what's the point in just drowning another day

to the girl that reads under her covers late into the night,

and i get that i don't get it

to the girl that can't understand all the crazy in her head,

but the world will show you that you won't regret it

to the girl that tries again and again,

and there will be a day when you can say you're okay and mean it

to the girl that trips and falls,

i promise you it'll all make sense again

i know that it is a lot right now.
but i also know that you are enough.
you are beautiful. you are strong. you are magnificent. you will get back up again. 
you are. you will. you can.

you are but a victim of circumstance. 

okay. hi. it's a lot. the pandemic. homework. family. friends. just life in general. so i wrote a poem that i needed to read. i hope it helps you too. read it when it's too much. 

(italicized lyrics belong to dodie in her song "secret for the mad". i really didn't write much of a poem... dodie did it.)

also, i wrote "to the girl" because that is most relatable to me... fill it in with "the boy" or "the person" or "the human being" to make this more you.

thank you. good night. good day. sweet wishes and dreams. 

• Busssy.Beee

Re: Yeah, I know it's crazy how someone with no interest in writing can spark an idea with just a sentence. Have you ever told your tech teacher about this? I'm doing fine, but I've been feeling kinda elated recently, and I have no idea why. School is meh, like always, but I only have one more week before Thanksgiving break, so that's cool. How's your school?

• Busssy.Beee

Re: Oh, I just read your question. It's actually based off something my mom told me. She told me, "Promises are only for the sake of saying something, sometimes they're broken by the people you cherish most." And so, I kinda used it as inspiration. Anyway, how are you? Love ya! <3

• daisiesonfilm

this is so beautifully reassuring i’m so in love

• almost flora kane

thankyouthankyouthankyou:) you are lovely and i can only hope our paths cross in real life one day.

• Rachaelgrace

So so wow!!!!

• dream02

OMIGOSH this is amazing! I think everyone should read your work <3 it brought tears to my eyes!

• lochnessie

OH MY GOD DODIE
    WE ARE MORE ALIKE THAN I EVER IMAGINED

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

this is beautiful, like so many of your pieces, in a gentle, flowing way. the mix of the song and your own words is stunning. thank you sm for this work of art.
    you are but a victim of circumstance.
    wishing you the very best!

• Samina

re: sure will do that. I was writing flash fiction. so as to leave it to the readers to perceive the story. but now due do good demand I'd like to continue :)

• Samina

re: I would have loved to romanticize eyes meeting. But as I never mentioned the relationship to be romantic. I have used he pronoun but I was reluctant to romanticize their pure relationship. So assume they are bro-sis lol!

• acrosstheuniverse28

Love this! It's so beautiful how you weaved the song lyrics into your own words; I think they're both so much more powerful together. Definitely a message I know I needed to hear right now, and probably plenty of others as well! Thank you <3

• In Which Yaya Writes

Also, I love that John Green quote!!

• Rose A(hiatus)

Very inspiring!
    Re Haha, I guess we're handwriting twins! :) Honestly, I didn't expect that piece from myself either. It just sort of happened. It took me a couple of months to get my handwriting the way it is. :)

• In Which Yaya Writes

Wow, this is simply beautiful. I love how you’re writing to yourself. I also love how you expand on each thing the girl does. I know I feel like this sometimes. But thank you for writing this! Great job!

• sci-Fi

beautiful and inspiring as always.
    i kinda needed to hear this.

Mind blown.

woah... like abby.a said, i started tearing up at the third or fourth line. this is stunning <33 i absolutely love your writing <333

• pyrrhic

wow... this, this made me cry. i'm lucky math hasn't started yet. truly, just wow. your writing touches so many people, even if you haven't realized it. you speak of things so close to people's hearts, we can't help but feel connected to your words. you have so much talent, keep using it. keep being yourself
    re: thank you so much. genuinely. i always look forward to your comments, and your pieces. they all mean so much to me. i'm glad that we can be considered friends, nobody can have enough of those <33

• ~madeline~

Amazing job again!! Here's to less stress in life and to remembering that it'll get better eventually.