pyrrhic

pyrrhic;
to be victorious at a cost that outweighs the success
~~
any pronouns
~~
paisley blue's #1 fan

wondering when i'd finally get better was keeping me from actually getting better, so i started using my time to wonder about better things

the cold isn't the worst part of winter

12
crystalline frost covers the ground
creating a beautiful sight to behold
flurries of white falling from the sky
winter, a new beginning, a time for
growth and rejuvenation they say.
they smile as they send their children
into the blank landscape to play

death roams through the winter
collecting the souls of those lost
taken by the freezing temperatures
for winter is not what we believe.
it is not the time of joy and play,
but the time of loss and fear
winter comes every single year
and each more dreaded than the last
a lot of death poems, recently huh? i don't know what's up with that, but i'm not complaining, tbh. i think this came from the part of me that really hates winter, just because my mental health always get's worse. :(

i hope everyone is doing alright. you're loved <3

• November 11, 2020 - 7:14am (Now Viewing)

re: aww, thank you your comments make me lite up. <3

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

re : wow! cinderfella suits well! thank you :D

• psithurism

<3

• Rachaelgrace

Ugh I hate winter too! The holidays are so stressful, and you can’t go outside. Totally get this :(

• Jasmin khawar

It...it left me speechless....ah!!
    Well, winter's my favorite, but I feel sorry about your mental health, I can imagine through this poem that what you feel

• books4life

this is sooooo amazing!!!!!!!! re: awww thank you so much!! :)

• Abigail Faith

Oh my goodness, YES! Totally get you!! Mental health truly does dip in the winter... Severely! Here in NY, it's just so dark all the time. My dad says every year that we should move. I mean they say we have six months of winter, and it feels it. Cabin fever, anxiety, depression... I think all of my family really struggles in the winter. It is just so long and hard. To see those geese leaving is so hard... winter's just around the corner. :( And I mean, it's not just that I hate the season. I mean, I love the snow as much, (or more) than anybody. But winter really does do stuff to you. I totally get it! Great piece!!! :)

• dream02

And, girls can be hot lol. I totes get it

• dream02

Awe this is amazing! And yeah I totally get it. If you need to talk to someone, I'm here!

I'm sorry about your mental health. <3 This piece is really good btw.

wow. so impactful and beautiful. and glad you are't complaining cause' beautiful material comes out of us writer's broken minds. aww, sad to hear your mental health dips in winter. i get it-- the world is dismal and alone and cloaked in a blanket of snow. maybe think of winter as the earth hibernating? idk my mind is weird. i'm here if you ever need! <3<3<3

• ~madeline~

Re: It's a super short book but it packs a punch of emotion.

• ~madeline~

Re: wait that's right! You reminded me of a book I read in school called "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes." It's such a sad book and now I'm probably going to cry XD we love being emotional lol

• Huba Huba

Ah I like your artsy way of language! Cold isn't the worst part of winter, and according to Elsa, the cold shouldn't bother us. I apologize for my frozen reference.

woah... tbh this reminded me of the live-action beauty and the beast, you know where its always winter around the beasts castle? I feel like thats the winter you were describing, greys mixed with whites and more of a thorny, harsh look. This is really good. I'm sorry to hear about your mental health not being great :( I'm always here to talk, okay?
    Love you <33