Malkiboy

Hello! I'm Malkiboy! I'm an Aspiring Writer and I hope to join the community here.

Hiya! I'd be happy to receive any feedback! All feedback will be handy, for all feedback can help a writer grow. So please do review my work! Tell me to review yours and hopefully I will.

Why a Writer Writes

PROMPT: Why I Write

3
Why do I write?

I write because fundamentally, I am a writer. A writer writes. By definition, a writer has to write. So, I am a writer.

But let's be honest here: that's not what the question wants. So why do I write?

I write because I want to. How can I not want to write? There are so many ways to express yourself via writing! Writing can... can make me free! Besides, you can write however you want to! Writing is liberating.

I write because I have stories to tell. I have stories I want to share. If I don't write them down, how many ways are there of letting them be known? I want the world to hear what I've got - what I have in plan.

Writing helps me. More I write makes me a better writer. More practice makes me better. I may never be perfect, but I can produce quality if I want to. 

Being a writer improves my character. You have to learn to accept criticism. How will you improve if you don't? What good is writing if it gets you nowhere? Writing trains me to accept criticism.

How am I to write down all the reasons as to why I write? I know not! Maybe I don't. But do I even know all the reasons myself? I should but not necessarily. But writing does help me.
My response to this question.

• Huba Huba

Re: No problem! Update me when you write another draft, I'd be happy to read it!

• Huba Huba

Yess I agree and relate so much! Writing helps ourselves and the rest of the community.
    Also I'll review your piece tomorrow, it's super late where I am and I'd like to get some sleep in before another long day of school T-T

• AJ - Izzy

I feel this so much! That second line, "I write because fundamentally, I am a writer. A writer writes. By definition, a writer has to write. So, I am a writer", just resonated with me, I love the tone and voice you chose to use. Amazing writing, welcome to WtW! :)