PhoenixLopez

Survive Just Survive

Running through the forest, I try to look for my friends. But it’s no use, and my heart splinters beside my aching lungs as I realize they might all be dead. My legs are aching. I slump against a tree and glance around. I think I’ve lost the killer, but just as I start running, my vision blurs, and I slip into the darkness. You are probably wondering who I am and what on earth is going on. Well I'll tell you. My name is Aubrey and I just have one piece of advice for all you if your ever in the position I am in. Survive just survive. My story didn't start out like this, it was quite fun if you ask me.

Me, my friends and a group of our fellow classmates were heading off to a camp for a few days. It was time for our annual senior trip and we were all excited. I personally was very excited for the trip, because I knew there would be a lot of memories made. We all had to vote on where to go. Our principal gave us 3 options: a camp, a museum, or a hike. First of all a museum is just boring, a hike  is just tiring and with this heat no way we would do that. So we all voted on camp and that's where we're going. I knew we were going to have fun, there was a lake for us to go swimming and the cabins were just amazing. We got to do a virtual tour of the camp to see what it looked like. I have to say the camp lived up to it's expectations. What was waiting for us at the camp was certainly not what we expected. I really wish that  we had choose to hike or the museum. Either of those would have been better then going to the camp. But on the bright side we had fun at the camp, while it lasted that is. We left Friday after school and planned to come back Monday night since we had that Monday off from school. The principal gave us permission to use a school bus for the trip. Of course we could not go on the trip by ourselves so our AP Dance teacher came along with us. As the teacher was driving to the camp we were all together in the back throwing our pillows and stuff at each other and just having a good time, On the way there the bus stopped at a red light. I thought it was weird to have a stop sign in the middle of nowhere. We looked at all the trees and something about it just seemed off. The road was abandoned, it didn't seem like anyone had been there. Something was off I could feel it I got up out of my seat to look at the road and I could've sworn I saw a Ghostface mask. I asked my classmates if anyone saw that and they all did. We all began to murmur worriedly, wondering what in the world was that. Then one of the kids said the mask was from the movie Scream and the TV Series. Pretty much the whole bus started freaking out saying to forget the trip and to drive back to the school. But the driver told us not to worry that the mask was most likely in our heads. Of course she was going to say that because she didn't see it.

When we got to the camp the view of it was just beautiful. You could see the lake in a distance. The grass was bright green with the flowers growing. The cabins were polished a goldish brown color and everything about the camp was just so perfect. We all went off into our little groups exploring the camp. I looked around admiring everything, the whole camp was just breathtaking. It sort of made me forget about what I saw but not fully. I know what I saw and I was not the only one who saw it. I walked around and ducked over a branch as I had a view of the lake. That was going to be a great place to go swimming. But something didn't feel right for some reason. I looked around where I was and from across the lake I saw the same mask before and there was a person wearing it. I could tell they were holding something in their hand but I couldn't tell what. I squinted my eyes and as soon as I saw what it was my eyes widened. Whoever this person was they were holding a knife. I ran away from there back to the cabin area where everyone was. I breathed heavily putting my hand on the palm tree trying to calm myself down. One of my friends Haley said to me "Aubrey what happened? You look like you've seen a ghost." I said to her "That's because I did. The same mask we saw on the way here I saw it. It was on somebody I don't know who but they had a knife. We have to get out of here now. We need to leave as soon and as fast as possible." The whole group began to panic everyone started semi yelling and freaking out. The teacher told us to relax, but clearly nobody was going to do that. Since everyone was still freaking out and we all refused to stay here the teacher said we would leave tomorrow morning. It was too late to drive back to school so that meant we had to stay the night there. One night at a camp with a possible killer. No reason to freak out right? But after everything I really wish that we had left when we had the chance. Nobody would've died and everything would be okay. I wish we didn't come here and I wish that we didn't decide to have a senior trip. This is not what any of us had expected this weekend.