dead account

footnotes.

w r o n g.

8
i have dreams
to walk down 
red isles
with
the biggest people
in the world.

but i know they will never
come true

because no one 
will ever want to cast
a half-deaf girl 
who walks with
a limp
in their movie
or show
i'm a liabilty
that will surely cause
a ratings drop. 

and if they do choose
to cast me in something
one day
they will do it wrong 

i am ready for
the silver screen.
but it's clear they aren't
ready for me. 

people with disabilites, both physical and neurological  are hardly portrayed in media and when they are- it's rarely ever done right. 

• ~madeline~

I'm 100 percent confident that you can do anything you put your mind to... I hate that this is a problem! And I totally agree with your last lines "i am ready for
    the silver screen.
    but it's clear they aren't
    ready for me." Because you ARE good enough whether they can see it or not. Also... Let me know when your movie comes out I'll buy like 50 tickets to the opening show :)

Um ditto to everyone else bc I'm unoriginal but also supportive

• Abigail Faith

My best friend, who is deaf, also says this... and I always tell her she CAN do whatever she wants. It shouldn't stop her. Everybody has talents, it doesn't matter who you are!! :)

i totally agree with all poetri has said. you can do it. and there is no doubt there is a problem in movies and media and yeah. <3

• poetri

Next, please be the revolutionary who does it right like literally I can' wait to see which wtw-ers make it big and I sincerely hope you're one of them.

• poetri

Well first off sis Millie Bobby Brown is half deaf and look where she is, so you CAN. And I don't just say that to people, like judging by your amount of passion you put into things yes, you definitely could.