mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

in love with the world
existing is all i know how to do

anything guys?

stardust i. (footnotes plz & thank u)

23

they say i come from stardust/
                        swirling/and twirling/throughout the night sky/
and they say i am the daughter/of the cosmos/and the planets/and the stars/
                        they say i am to/join her one day/when i am/old and weary/
i will leave this earth behind/and sail the high skies/
                        i shall whisper to them/secrets of the pasts/and hopes for the future/
we will dream the days away/until/

okay so! lot's of things to tell to you:

1. the "until/" is totally intentional! i leave you guys on the edge's of cliffs for good reasons! i think! yeah! just don't fall!

2. i got inspired to write this because we are doing chemistry in science right now and we talked about how hydrogen and helium and carbon or the building blocks of life and how they started in the stars. so yes-- we really are made of stardust! also, sleeping at last's songs have totally made me more intuitive and productive and thoughtful and they are just so beautiful so listen please! (all their songs like "saturn" and "sun" and "west" have helped me write this).

3. ima start a new collection bout stardust and planets and stuff like that! my last "collection" didn't go so far... just 3 parts that all ended badly.... so. yeah. well they were okay and i liked the idea but then the steam ran out and here we are... (btw, elispsis are my fav part of speech if you couldn't tell already). i made a pledge to myself and to the stars that i will do at least six parts (6 is my lucky number lol) in this "stardust" collection. idk what the part ii. will be so gotta get brainstorming... hehe this is gonna be great.... okay i will stop ze ramble.

el fin

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

yes yes yes everything about this in this the idea and the CLIFFHANGER?! In a poem? wow.

THIS IS GORGEOUS! I read the second one first and thought that was absolutely amazing but this one is so stunning! i am so glad this might become a collection. Your writing always leaves me amazed <3

• JustAnotherDarling

the footnotes: "just don't fall!" TOO LATE!
    now i wanna twirl in the night sky too!! :D

I LOVE THIS OMG HOWwwwwwww
    and yes, sleeping at last is like, where i'm getting ALL of my inspiration lately. Those are three of my favorite songs--I love all the planet songs. Cant wait to read the next ones!!! Now i have to go reread the second one so i can really appreciate it XD

• pyrrhic

AHHHH stunning!!! also, i love the songs you mentioned! i can NOT wait to read more! <33

• Tushar Mandhan

it reminded me of 'we are all stardust' from before sunrise!

• thea_ivy

Re: I'm so happy someone else has read it! I keep trying to bring it up in conversations but absolutely no one knows what i'm talking about. I actually just started it but I can already tell it will be great!
    Also, love this piece and very excited for the rest<3

• Mina_77

Brilliant, super excited for the rest of the collection!

• lochnessie

ahhh mir i love this so much I can’t waittt for this collection XD

• BizzleWrites

Replying: Haha, thankyou. Bi puns are pretty awesome. I like your profile picture and BIo.

• Livsnjutare

This is so beautiful! I love how u got the idea from science class. Personally I've never enjoyed science.
    And The fact was really cool, I've never heard of that before!
    Great job!

• dream02

Re: remember when we were younger and we used to wish we were older? Well Uno reverse younger self lol.

AMAZING!! "hopes for the future/
    we will dream the days away/until/" formatting is extraordinary :)

• rwong

ahhhh this is so good!! i think i've always been fascinated by poems about astrology but can never find the words to, and the ones that are written...well lets just not discuss that XD dude chem science is so cool!! we didnt learn that when we did our chem class *glares at last year's teacher lol she was pretty great ngl* and also dO nOt tRaSh tAlK yOUr lAsT cOLLEcTiOn cause it was awesome and honestly i loved it
    also yes rambly people :) i have found my friends XD

• Jason_claire :)

This is so chill, I love it. I always fall, but I'm like those annoying ghosts that pop back into existence and scare the crap outta you.