Starlitskies

Sri Lanka

She/Her
17
INTJ
Reader and Writer
Feminist
Coder

Go check out my WtW twin sister Zirong! She's amazing!

Scribble Chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :) and em wilder.

est. 26 Oct 2020

I would love it if you guys could review this. Let me know if the flow breaks anywhere or if any of the sentences seem unclear.

The Sun Set

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

5
I couldn't bring myself to say goodbye.

So I stood in the shadow of the elm trees, watching him bid the others farewell. Behind him, the sun was setting and the colors that had flown far and wide with the winds during the day, ran back in flourishing hurries in fear of missing the sun chariot. And now they pooled around the sun, perching on the clouds like passengers waiting on platforms to board a train. The waves were nonchalant, rather unaroused by the mesmerizing mess of colors above it. The water lapped against the golden sand in a frenzy of white bubbles, pausing for a moment in time and then, withdrawing to the depths of the sea. They seemed to be whispering a promise of no return to the sands they stole from the beach. The trees swayed as the winds shifted ever so gently, and above the treetops, the birds too were heading home. It seemed the world was at peace, calming its elements, putting things in order, taking them back and going away for the night. It seemed the world was at peace with the fact that he was leaving and was ready to leave with him. But I couldn't.

He left with the sunset. And my heart? It sank with the sun.
I know I might've deviated a bit from the prompt, but I hope you guys like it. And also I wanted to let you know that I'm planning to publish at least twice a week from now on. :)

• November 25, 2020 - 6:42am (Now Viewing)

• wavewriter

That last line. So poetic and powerful and... just wow.

• Luminescent

Re: Hi again. I still don't see your review. I guess I should still wait, huh?

OMG this is so beutiful!
    Re- thank you soo soooo much!! :)

Oh my gosh you are so talented! This is just achingly beautiful.

Re: Thank you!!

• everythingbagel (the cliffhanger goddess)

how did this have no likes??
    it needs ALLLL the likes!