Wisp

i still dream of you

est. 26.9.19

That title though----stalkerish?

i watch my best friend

22

my best friend/she likes to hide herself in slashes/
in and out she weaves herself/to and fro she goes/and she says 
she's happy/but when i watch her go/there's tinges of melancholy 
etched into the ends of her smile/and i know she's crying out there 
somewhere/and all i want to be able to do is—help her/but she is hidden 
between the slashes/and when i reach out/all i'm left with is that
intoxicating smile/and i think she's happy/i'll like to believe she's happy/
and my best friend—her fingertips are frozen with nightmarish bliss/i dream 
of her sometimes/in those precious fabrications of truth/i like to believe/
that what i see is reality/when i watch cherry blossoms bloom from her stardusted 
cheeks/and her eyes shine with supernovas set to explode/i watch her mouth curve 
up in devilish smiles and sew together the tears of the universe/and i like to believe 
that her dreams will be more than dreams one day/and i say she'll make it/
when i know she's crying somewhere/but i can only reach out so much/and my 
best friend/her hands are etched in stains of ink/and when she reaches out/she 
stains the world midnight/until she can watch herself in that reflection/i watch her 
sometimes/when she's dreaming of otherworldly things/and when she's falling/
i'll be there to catch her one day/and if i can't/i don't mind the two of us falling 
into eternity together/because my best friend/she's so much energy balled into 
fringes of melancholia/and i want to tell her she'll be happy/when she's crying 
somewhere/and one day i know she'll hear me/and she'll know it'll be alright/
i watch my best friend/weave herself in and out of slashes/dance in the rain 
when she thinks no one's watching/and i know she's crying somewhere/but 
she'll be happy one day/and i'll be able to watch her smile again/
I've been obsessed with cherry blossoms lately, I guess I'm craving springtime in winter. Anyways, decided to jump onto the band wagon and write myself as my own best friend. If you haven't already, go check out poetri's, simply divine as all her work is. 

• AJ - Izzy

Wow, this is stunning... absolutely stunning. I am in awe of your writing, the imagery is just gorgeous.. I don't know what else to say, I love every bit of it! Amazing writing :)

• (sk)eyesofocher

This episode on: what has Wisp written wonderfully (ha!) it’s so pretty, and I can almost feel the words snaking around in the air—imma go die of a word high.

• journal.scribbles

Oh my gosh this piece is so beautiful... wow I can't even decide on a favorite line, it's all perfection. I had to reread it a few times. And the title's at least less stalkerish than that one song, Every Breath You Take XD Wow. I love this poem.

wow... this is beautiful. wow. i don't even know what to say--it just about brought tears to my eyes. Stunning piece <333333 wow.

• that one rat from ratatouille

re: i don’t drink coffee either. it’s too bitter >~< i’ll order that hot chocolate along with you

• crystalline•galaxies

this is?? insanely good?? i need to reread it when i have more time but like wow.

• that one rat from ratatouille

i’m with poetri. do you want to go out for coffee? i really wanna talk with you o-o

• Rose A(hiatus)

Wisp: Since we haven't met yet... Hi, I'm Rose!
    Everyone else: what am I suppose to say to this? It's just too stunning! I mean, wow! It's so beautifully written. I am just in awe. :) Here is another follower. :)

• kiranpark

re: awww thank you so much! tbh i'm v impressed that you read that footnote. and thanks for heeding my advice. also this piece is so gorgeous but also sort of heartbreaking? like the line "when i watch cherry blossoms bloom from her stardusted
    cheeks" just gives the most amazing imagery (and i love cherry blossoms too) so i, naturally, loved it.

• poetri

The emotion in this one is simply off the wall. I'm amazed, and I kind of want to go out for coffee w you now so we can talk about our emotions together like I used to with my best friends. Literally have no words and this is just gibberish but oh God you made this and it's art and I might like it better than mine so <3 ily friend be sure to take care of yourself today and I wish you all the best.

• sci-Fi

woah... this is just.... wow. Incredible.

• rwong

ohhhhhh this is amazing <33 i don't even know what to say
    favorite line: i like to believe/that what i see is reality/when i watch cherry blossoms bloom from her stardusted cheeks/and her eyes shine with supernovas set to explode/i watch her mouth curve up in devilish smiles and sew together the tears of the universe/
    absolutely amazing. just amazing.

okay this made me cry the metaphors and language and flow and format you are genuis! these lines: "i watch her mouth curve
    that her dreams will be more than dreams one day/and i say she'll make it/"
    beautiful stunning sorrowful relatable. i love this so much and it is so different in such a good way than mine and now i feel like i should redo mine lol. <3<3<3