ghostyboi

he/him
<3 ghost

"It's alright, it's okay. You're not a monster just human and you made a few mistakes,"
-It's Alright by Mother Mother

"One page of the bible isn't worth a life,"
-The Village by Wrabel

"A hundred bad days makes a hundred good stories and a hundred good stories makes me interesting at parties,"
-100 Bad Days by AJR

"With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite
How rare and beautiful it is to even exist"
-Saturn by Sleeping At Last.

"But there's a moment when you realize parents aren't superheroes or villains. They're painfully, unforgivably human. The question is can you forgive them for being human anyway?"
-Dry by Neal Shusterman

"If I wait 'til my tomorrow comes is the waiting all I've ever done?"
-Ben Platt

The Land of The Stars

3
    The little boy stared at his mother, his eyes wide with wonder. She said she had to go, but Nathan wanted to know where. She would never tell him, every question dismissed with a smile and a pat on the head. Something was different today. When Nathan crawled into bed with her and asked, she didn’t smile at him. She stared off into the distance for a moment before looking back at him, her warm brown eyes seeming to embrace him.
    “Have you ever heard of the Land of The Stars?” She asked, taking Nathan’s small hand in hers.
    He shook his head, eager for a story. He was five years old now, and he always loved stories from his mother. She told them in a way that made every setting feel magical, every person seem delightful.
    His mother began, scooping a giggling Nathan into her lap. “Long ago, the sky used to be the home to many spirits. They would dance and sing during the night, displaying their passion and beauty for all the world to see. Every once in a while, they’d invite the most beautiful human up with them, and that human would become a star.”
    “Is that where you’re going?” Nathan asked, awed.
    His mother smiled, but a tear rolled down her face. “Yes,” she answered, her voice a choked whisper. She paused for a minute to steady her breathing. “Every time you look at the sky, you can know that I’ll be there. I’ll be waiting for you.”
    Nathan’s wonder gave way to fear. Something wasn’t right. He didn’t know what it was, but the tears falling from his mother’s chocolate-colored eyes made his lip start to quiver.
    “I don’t want you to go,” he whispered, burying his face in her shirt.
    She wrapped him in a tight hug. “Me neither,” she admitted, laying her head on his golden-brown hair.
    They laid there for hours, until Nathan got a sickened feeling in his gut. He turned a fearful eye to his mother, whose breath was labored. She coughed. Nathan put a hand on her stomach, but it didn’t move.
    His breath quickened and he started to panic. “Mom!” He shouted in her ear, again and again. She didn’t stir, and made no more movement.
    “Mom!” He cried out again, screaming her name until his throat was raw.
    He wouldn’t get a response. She was gone. Gone to the Land of The Stars.

• November 9, 2020 - 7:01am (Now Viewing)

• Jay Shortz

Wow, such a real feeling of sweetness and sorrow, beautiful writing.
    Apart from that, nfrealmusic for life :)