anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

heyyyyy

almost-not-quite in love (random thought poetry)

10
meet me before school?
i want to talk to you in person

says the text.

arrive at school at the same time
smile as nerves threaten to take over
"so... what did you want to talk about?" 
i am definitely not shaking inside.

he says he's been thinking too much
too much time at home
and now he's doubting
the "expectations" i have for our "relationship"

"none," i say. "i'm good with where we're at. friends."
he says he thought he was taking things too slow
i shake my head and smile
leaves scatter as we walk across campus
i have this ridiculous urge
to put an arm around him or take his hand
but it's cold, and his hands are in his pockets, and there are COVID rules,
and didn't i just say i wanted to be friends?

his parents know that there's "something between us"
his dad asked whether they might need to set a place at dinner
dinner at his house?
whoa. that escalated quickly. 
but inside, i'm on cloud nine, giddy and flattered beyond words.

we talk about flirting
and us 
and then i feel guilty for leaving him as i dash off the get help with a math problem
but he understands
he always does.

i have another ridiculous urge
to say something like "i think i might love you"
but i'm a reasonable girl
who doesn't do rash things like that
not very often, at least.

this actually happened, but it's probably not quite as romantic as it sounds. actually... it kind of was, but he's not that type of guy where it's all charm and charisma. in fact, he's adorably nerdy, intellectual, analytical, the best listener i know, and an excellent conversationalist. can you tell why i wrote a poem? 
anyway, i've never really been in a "relationship," officially. i've been close friends with him for about a year and half, and we've liked each other for at least a year, but neither of us are ready for anything more. he just got in his own head, as he put it, and started wondering if i was wanting to be more. i mean... a little bit, but then i remind myself to be reasonable and wise and also that i cannot drive yet. anyway, i guess... i've never talked as deeply with someone as i have with him. we communicate well and we have a strong friendship. and i don't want to damage that. 
so yeah... that's my "relationship status" (kind of taken, but not exactly) and me being a hopeless romantic for 170+ words.
also, my school has been in hybrid since we started. 2 days a week. my group goes tuesdays and fridays.

• November 8, 2020 - 10:16am (Now Viewing)

• Figwit

I'm totally a hopeless romantic. This speaks to me!!! Lol...
    Quote: "My life is like a romantic comedy, except without the romance, and it's just me laughing at my own jokes."

• JustAnotherDarling

the hopeless romantic in me is holding a box of chocolates and a teddy bear and crying because THIS IS MORE WHOLESOME THAN MY ROMCOMS!
    you spun so many emotions in this and that bittersweetness of a crush and oooooo i can just Taste it!!
    (and i'm totally shipping the two of you SO hard ;)
    Re: thank you :) and i love how your comment sounded so "artsy" on its own haha (i love that "glides gracefully" so muchhh)

• Tushar Mandhan

why does this piece remind me a piece of mine XD similar backstories lol

Chapter 21 for Traitors and Rebels is out!!

AWWW! This is so so sweet and so perfect and im kinda jealous ;) I love this so so much! and I am so happy for you and hope it turns out!! But also i know how you feel--for a long time i didn't do things i wanted to with my crush (like team up with him) because i didn't want to make it super obvious even tho everyone knows we like each other. Finally i didn't care anymore and went for it--its turned out so far! So maybe...when you're ready--go for it! if he is as good as a friend as you say he is through this piece it won't be awkward <3 LOVE This piece so much tho!

• Rose!

I love this so much!!!!!!!!! it's so amazingly written an just AHHHH!!!!

• katnissromanoff

OH MY GOSH THIS IS AMAZING!! I love it so much. It’s so beautifully written and it’s just all around wonderful.
    Re: I’m so glad you liked my piece. Yeah that line was probably my favorite I wrote. I feel like it applies to me the most right now. Your comment made my day :)

wow... XD actually i love this so much. good luck, dear. my biggest piece of advice would just be TELL HIM. I understand if you feel like you're rushing it or you don't want to seem awkward or needy or whatever, but I can say with confidence that if you DON'T have good communication, it's going to fall apart. you both have to be open with each other. and its a good think that you're talking, in person, about your feelings, but from what i've seen from this poem, maybe you should just... tell him what you're feeling. From you talking about him, it sounds like he's incredibly kind and understanding, so he won't be "weird" about it. if that makes sense. And i know it's always easy to tell someone to do something, but doing it is so much harder, i just wanted to let you know that good communication is vital for a relationship of any kind.
    best of luck, dear, let us know if anything changes XD :)

Re: Thank you!! :)
    All I have to say about this piece is: AAAAAAAAAAHHHH <3 <3<3

"but he understands
    he always does." oh awww this is so cute! aw and the way you talked about him in the footnotes AWWW I SHIP!!