LaurenBeeWrites

Name: Amanda
Explanation for username: It's a Spongebob joke
Bands: Waterparks/MCR/TOP
Books: Hunger Games/Shatter Me series
~Teen writer/author~
~Youtube channels~
~Christian~

QUOTE:
"Feel free to feel."

Writing's a hobby, a passion, and an escape. Words are everything. Write. Take what you read as what you feel, what you see, what you want, what you need, and enjoy the moment. Let the words bleed out of your mind, your heart, your soul. Feel free to find parts of characters in yourself. Feel free to learn, grow, smile, cry, love. Feel free to feel. - Amanda

"As I pick each foot up, step by step, and walk into each door, I get further and further away from myself. As I make each choice, choose each entryway, I try to forget the last.
I want to get lost."

"I will use this torment, this pain, this curse against the enemy, and I will win." - Brooklyn Alderman, Lurid

New Friends, New Novels (plus a note to my character)

5
    New novels are like new friends. 

How can one person become so attached to a character that isn't even real?

Maybe because they are real to me. 
Maybe because I don't want to admit that a non-existent person helped me from very much existing struggles.

It was easy at the start, letting go of her for a while. After all, it was just temporary. 

Someday it won't be. Someday the pages will close and she will stay tucked under the paper.

No amount of pages is enough to keep her alive forever.

Maybe I'm scared of that far off day where I say goodbye to her. Maybe I'm scared I will never reach another character like her.

New novels.
    New friends.

Would it be too much to say I already miss her? I already miss them.

There's no doubt I will build a connection with this new ensemble, I'm already warming up to the new crew. The new roles. The new writing.

Maybe an old friend and a new one can get along. 

New novels are like new friends.

*    *    *

And as for you, the one tucked in the far corner of my mind. A month isn't really that long. You will survive. I'm not abandoning you.

I'm not halfway yet, but I will be. Feel free to nudge my creative process, maybe adding a drop of inspiration here and there on the page, don't go overboard, don't take full control, this is not your time to shine, but don't worry.
    I'm still here. 

I'll see you soon. I haven't forgotten about you. 

So um, yeah this is a weird piece to explain. Let's just say I can get emotionally attached to characters, and I've reached a point in NaNoWriMo where I both feel very excited to be fleshing out this new fresh main character, but I'm gonna be honest, I still have a few doubts. I grew really close to my first book and it's characters and I was thinking about it last night and was like yup, I think I am having a little book-home-sickness? That's not a thing. Lol. Basically, I just was just missing my old character who I had a better connection to, and yeah this happened. Anyway... lol...have a great day/night! Glad to be back on WTW today!

• November 8, 2020 - 9:33am (Now Viewing)

• ava09 (sorta back)

you are not alone fam haha i relate to this 10000000%. my books are some of my best friends. :) love this piece!

• Livsnjutare

Hi! I wrote chapter 2 of the F5 catastrophe, here's the link if you are interested.

Re: i'm so glad you were able to read it! and thank you SO MUCH. That's actually what I just hopped on here to work on.

Re: Thanks! No problem. I haven't really visited in a while either :)

ahhhhh this is so well done and honest! it makes sense, it really does. and it's also pretty amazing that a book character can do that. book-home-sickness should be its own new word. and don't worry—you'll find connections with the all of the new characters. btw, i love this piece SO MUCH. "New novels are like new friends." ahhhh like how perfect is that. <3 <3

• Rohan’s Defender

I TOTALLY REALTE TO THIS!!! I’m kind of relieved it’s not just me who feels this way! I love this! <3