Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

the sound of rain

The sun told me with her final breaths that she lived on inside all of us, in the light that shines so brightly.

The Infinite Beauty

14

It's almost to much for my heart to hold, the swelling of love,
Echoing from deep-chested cellos and shrill strings made of sunlight,
The golden melodies that brought us to life so long ago,
Yet we never tire from this universe that we've been given,
And every cell inside us vibrates with the stardust we're made of
We are the muse of angels, gods in our own worlds
Of graveyards and flowering fields stretching as wide
As our uplifted eyes can see.
We are the dawn, we are the climax of this story, and life is written
In every strand of hair, in ever molecule that drives us
To create and imagine and love, every instinct that we refuse to turn our backs on
We never tire of this universe, galaxies within the palms of our hands

Sun-kissed skies spiral around us, reminding us of everything we haven’t done yet
We stand stock still, watching the world spin around us
We are the stopping point, we are as infinite as the universe stretching around us
As colors blur and unfocused eyes brim with the life around us
We find what it means to be right, we find
That we were meant to be light
Inspired by the song "Sun" by one of my favorite artists, Sleeping At Last. I really recommend listening to that song while reading my poem—it was what inspired me to write this. 
I hope that no matter what you're feeling, elated or relieved or disappointed or mad, I hope that you're remembering to see the infinite beauty that this world holds. 
<3

• November 9, 2020 - 7:52am (Now Viewing)

• (sk)eyesofocher

as a cellist (ex cellist I should say) I can hear this and feel it as well! Sometimes a family of musicians comes in handy XD

• midnight.summerrose

How have I only just seen this? Wow, this is just beautiful! :)

• crystalline•galaxies

sleeping at last is one of my favorite artists as well. i think you captured the feeling of this song so very well within this piece; your writing is absolutely gorgeous.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you for the comments! There are so many of us, lol!

this should be the lyrics! how do you do this wow i love so much! this put me in a better mood from the first sentence... ahhhh the imagery and fluent beautiful language just thank you. <3

Excuse me while I collect my jaw from the floor and shout at my chills that are going crazy because this is PHENOMENAL

• beth r.

this is so beautiful!
    re: holy mint chip that's brilliant

• lochnessie

re: :) and yep! weirddd

• lochnessie

re: absolutely fine! and yes, that makes total sense! i'm cisgender and have never changed my pronouns, so i am very sorry in advance if i can't fully understand but i am trying my hardest. it's morning for me :)

• pyrrhic

re: it is NOT too much to ask!! i love you, and this is the LEAST i could do for you. seriously. <333

• lochnessie

AHHHH I LOVE THISSSSSSSSSS
    re: thank you!!

• pyrrhic

re: it can be a challenge.... jkjk ;) i think we're more similar than even we realize

• pyrrhic

re: i just listened to the song, and it touched me in a way i can't quite describe. i believe you understand, though... you always seem to understand me :)

• sci-Fi

"And every cell inside us vibrates with the stardust we're made of
    As our uplifted eyes can see."
    I cannot express how much that makes me feel. Not an emotion, exactly. Simply FEEL.

Re: I just listened to the song, and oh my. I can see why you got inspired. (and then i clicked on a playlist of vintage songs about teenage love, and the rabbit hole began...) And I also love your message box. Words are definitely your forte. (oh, words. they're just so darn... delicious. that's kinda weird. but true for me.)
    and thank you. That's one thing neat about WtW is that the people really do strive to be good. And everyone is pretty polite and gracious, and it feels like a welcoming, safe community. Being able to share the awesomeness of fic/poetic writing shouldn't be inhibited by political digs.

• pyrrhic

re: i'll give it a listen now!

• pyrrhic

dude this is STUNNING! the message box???!! i love that so much. and this: "We are the muse of angels, gods in our own worlds/Of graveyards and flowering fields stretching as wide/As our uplifted eyes can see." duuuuuuuuude i'm actually so obsessed with this!!!

re: no need to feel rushed! <33 i'm so glad you liked it! :)

this... it's so beautiful that i feel cheap even using the word beautiful. this is like... i don't have words. the imagery is both haunting and lovely, gorgeous and singing and radiant and breathtaking. and my comment cannot hope to do it justice.