anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

see footnotes :)
here's my latest draft of the novel comp entry! peer reviews and feedback massively appreciated!

oh. (footnotes!)

2
i didn't know
until just now
how would i have known?

outside
chilly air
thrill of adrenaline 
volleyball with topspin slams down
easy dig
smooth passes
flick of the wrist sets to the outside

busy all day
not bothering to check the news
for once
my house has had no news on today
only the start of college football 
for the pac-12
too bad that less and less channels
are available now
it will be a dark day
when pac-12 network is completely gone for us.

but i'm stalling
aren't i?
i discovered the future of my next four years 
by reading a comment on wtw
a google search confirmed it
"oh."
i said.
"oh."

i don't know what to think
one word can say so much
so i say,
"oh."
y'all can probably guess what prompted this... i told myself i wouldn't get "political" on here. and i'm not, i think. am i? mostly, i was just struck by my own reaction. "oh," is all i have to say? really? 
yeah, evidently so. 
you can make your own assumptions about my views; it's not that hard to guess. but i will not endorse or disparage any specific person or party on here. i'll also strive not to even mention any specific person or party when it's remotely tied to something opinion-related. please hold me to that, you guys. if i break that, feel free to remind me.
i stand for my beliefs in a calm, collected way; i uphold my views with as much respect as possible. but for me, my writing is not about opinion pieces and op-eds. not yet, anyway ;) i do like journalism, and i'd like to take a class one day on it, but for now, wtw is a creative space for me. a space where i hope to bring hope, light, joy, peace, suspense, anxiety (through the story only!), fear, sorrow, melancholy, nostalgia, excitement, and, above all, emotion to people. to me, that's the main goal of my writing (at least, concerning others; the main reason i write is because i want to). i want you to feel. i want you to be swept up in the emotions of it, to revel in the way the words made you feel. 
wow, this got long.
check out draft 3 of my novel comp entry. it's about books, bookstores, strong friendships, nerdy athletic boys, and mysterious girls. (did i mention BOOKS?) https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/200097/version/409999

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yes yes YES!! Thank you so much, and we do know each other!! :) that sounds awesome and I’d want to go tooooo!

• Abrianna

Re: Thanks.:) Really appreciate your comment.

Re: "oh, words. they're just so darn... delicious" lol this made me laugh! Im so glad you liked my poem <3

re: also, I'm so glad you liked my poem :)

okay, so first of all, your poem is great and very relatable. Second of all, I really admire your footnotes. I also strive to keep political opinions out of my writing, so it was... nice, I guess, to see someone else doing the same.
    I hope youre doing well <3 happy writing, dear!