lochnessie

flaming dragon protector of all minority groups, especially if sunny lets me borrow her sword
proud big sister <3

fireful.

my best friend's tightrope

11
the saying 'a picture is worth one thousand words'
to her it isn't true, because my best friend writes a picture in one thousand different ways,
two thousand, painting over the canvas one sentence at a time
then destroys it all and leaves a trail of paper shreds.

my best friend prefers anonymity 
and i watch her hide in crowds 
and leave the poem at the door with no name.
she likes her name - she likes that it's the one thing that's different about her
but i think she would be different if she stopped hiding her face in her hair.

my best friend is painfully quiet
and shy; or so she likes to tell people when she finds her voice
but I've watched her talk to the neighbour we called a witch, and find out the names of all her cats
i've watched her knock on doors and call the offices of politicians
i've watched her take the microphone and sing with a voice that shook, and win a prize she treasured
i've watched her jump the cliff first and talk to him before we could tell her to

so maybe in her pinky finger she's shy
but quiet doesn't mean shy
and careful doesn't mean quiet
and my best friend is not careful nor quiet
my best friend constructs tightropes of words
and in the clouds of imagining she jumps

a prompt from poetri 'write a poem as though you were your own best friend' so yeah slightly weird but there you go. poetri's is much better so go read it! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/200897/version/410151

• a rose

this is very adorable. good job!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: you're so kind, oh my goodness! it makes me so happy to know that people enjoy the random words that come out of my brain.

• crystalline•galaxies

this is a fantastic take on the prompt! "my best friend constructs tightropes of words
    and in the clouds of imagining she jumps" is such a cool line. your diction is gorgeous.
    re: AHHHHHHHHH (i'm not sure how else to respond?)

hey ness! i'm back! and he won! and we are celebrating! and buy does biden have his work cut out for him... anyway! yay! i love this so much, too! (now i gotta stop with the !) beautiful work as always and i love the last 2 lines. relatable all right. okay, bye for now! <3

• rwong

hoW iN tHe wOrLd?? THIS IS SO GOODDDD!!!!!!! i can only dream of writing like this <3 <3

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH THIS IS SO GOOOOOD

re: don't be sorry!! it's perfectly okay! :)
    also, morning?! wow, weird... :D wow... cool!!! :)

• pyrrhic

re: yes!!!!!

re: thank you so so so much for the support, i am so glad you liked my poem <333 it was inspired by yours! :) as for the pronouns, she/her is fine for now. i'm a little overwhelmed rn just because of all of the confusion, so i'm trying to kinda... idk, test it out? a little? if that makes sense? I'll let you know if anything changes <333
    It's 9 pm here, so yes, night :) what time is it for you? i wish you all of the most wonderful tomorrows as well <333

• pyrrhic

re: apology twins!! ;)

• sci-Fi

Re: oh sorry XD yeah "prolly" is just short for "probably"

• sci-Fi

Awwww I love this so much. Gonna go test my bsf now (except exilityy.jay is prolly watching kpop memes so she wont answer.)

YESSSS CELEBRATING WITH THE DEM SISTERSSSS!!!!

• poetri

Um excuse me this is not "mUcH bEtTeR" than mine because it's literally fantastic and I'm beyond honored you could create as stunning a piece of art as this out of my poem. Love it, dear. Truly magnificent <3

ooooh I love this <333 now I REALLY want to try that prompt! I've got a lot to live up to—wow! ;)