Huba Huba

Writer, poet, musician, wanna-be-botanist.
Sleep deprived.
Call me a monster, I put milk in before the cereal.
I'm probably eating ramen right now or having a mental breakdown.
Imagine having an aesthetic bio
Joined: May 26, 2020

Ha ha ha I barely got my excerpt to 999 words! Thanks to Coeur for very witty cut down suggestions, and thanks again to all the people who've reviewed my writing, it's greatly appreciated. However, if you haven't written a review for me, please do if it's convenient for you, and I will write one back for sure!
I also managed to cut down up to 100 words, and that gave me some space for some little tweaks here and there, a lot of it was to make it more romantic, as a lot of reviewers felt that the kiss at the end was very sudden, though I do like getting things from 0-100 really fast :)
Have a good day!

Igniting

"An angel slumps her shoulders, wanes her head over, and breaks down. Her composure is no longer there, her waving, golden hair is thrown over her face that leaks burning tears that the glass of her eyes could no longer hold. The sadness, the emotion of the picture I'm seeing through my eyes.. is perfection." thought K209. "Why do the ones we were meant to replicate try so hard to achieve their twisted views of perfection? I'd die of boredom if I were like that-- if I could die." 

E785 flips her hair back behind her face and wipes those flaming tears from her eyes, going back to her so called, 'normal' self, and the light turns off as if someone unplugged the chord. It's truly too bad that Dr. Xyzagerium had to throw her away due to her inability to use her legs. Surprisingly, K209 wasn't thrown away for his hazardous thoughts, but the missing left humorous and missing ribs. 

"K209, please don't do this," she pleads, tugging on his tunic. "I know that you are not a murderer, you're my lifelong companion."

"Why not, my love?" K209 smirks. "The world looks more beautiful ignited with fire, without this rubbish of concrete streets and brick buildings." 

He turns to see a dark world. Smoke oozed out of pipes extended from cracked up buildings, and it reminds the male clone of the memories forcibly jammed into his brain. He recalls the painful pretending of ambition as he, seeing himself as Louis Xyzagerium who competed with his brother for the ownership of the lab. No more clearly can he replay the scene in his head when his brother ran right off the balcony of the tallest floor in the lab, how free his brother looked the moment his shoe left the handle, as if he was going to soar away like a Stellar's Jay. 

Meanwhile, E785 sees life flowing through the land, from the young sprouts of green grass to the mighty Honey Locusts with their dainty, draping leaves. She sees herself as Abby Xyzagerium, sitting on a picnic blanket with her loving mother and best friend, Zach, with the aroma of sandwiches up her nose, right before their worlds ended abruptly. 

"The world looks less beautiful with burnt corpses and ruined cities," E785 refutes. "Death will not fix anything, nor will it affect Dr. Xyzagerium. The other humans have nothing to do with Dr. Xyzagerium's doings." 

"The process of the destruction is beautiful, and do not question my opinion, for beauty is subjective."

E785 straightens. "The mysterious bombing of 2438 is what killed Dr. Xyzagerium's family, which drove him to his obsessive clone making. Pain comes with more pain, you want to repeat history?" 

K209 chuckles and narrows his eyes, drilling an imaginary hole between E785's doe eyes. "Humans will endlessly cause themselves pain due to their greedy ways of thinking, and by blowing up cities, I'm doing the job of a janitor." 

E785 had no more to say. If her words alone could no longer persuade him, then there is nothing to be done, as her body would do her no good. 

"Justice for all the clones, and other forms of life disturbed by human beings, love," K209 exclaims as he raises his right fist, runs his icy fingers along the bomb, and slams his fist down on the explosive weapon to begin the five minute countdown. 

"E785 my dear, the fun begins." 

The female clone is thrown over K209's right shoulder as he jumps off the roof of the building to a lower one, and the night air finally hits his face and E785's, well, rear end. 

Like a child who is finally permitted to play outside after weeks of grounding, K209 runs through the wind with laughter, not as if he were running for the sake of his life and E785's.

But K209 would never harm the ones he deems innocent. He is willing to brutally end the lives of thousands of humans, but would never end E785's life. He has not yet presented her with happiness, nor has he gotten revenge on Dr. Xyzagerium. To him, E785 is the purest gems of the world, as she is rich with strength, to remain merciful after all the pain she experienced with him during Dr. Xyzagerium's clone making and experimenting. Although K209 is confident in his physical abilities, he thought of himself as a coward for submitting to his own hate. 

"isn't this so much more romantic than our coffee shop dates?" K209 asks while laughing continuously, running as if he didn't have E785 thrown over his shoulder, as he hops off a two story building effortlessly. 

"I suppose this is a thrilling date, with a life and death situation going on," E785 monotonously replies. 

"What happened to the crying and begging me on your knees?" K209 jests. 

"Crying and begging cannot prevent the deaths of thousands." 

"You know me too well. Also, we're nearing the border of the city with 30 seconds left, so it turns out we're going to survive!" 

K209 finds his feet off the brick and concrete paths, in murky, grayish mud. He then places E785 in the mud and sits down next to her, ready to enjoy the view. 

3.. 

2.. 

1.. 

Boom. 

K209 and E785 cover each other's ears as orangeness fills up the night sky, more vibrantly than any fireworks that they've ever seen, in real life and their inputted memories. From distances beyond the explosion may look small, but K209 chose the perfect spot to see its details. Every little spectacle of flame could be seen, and K209 is overjoyed to be seeing such a beautiful view with his beloved E785.

The world goes silent for a short while, as puffs of gas emit and flow into the sky and the orange colors dim. Before they knew it, the night became darker than before. 

K209 opens his mouth to speak...

and E785 pulls his face in for a kiss. 

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

I really love this. The characters and setting are so creative. especially the characters. i love this. good luck!

Re: YES YES YES DARK CHOCOLATE ALL THE WAY! Rich and complex and sooooo good! like 70-85% for me. oh and oatmeal choc chip cookies, homemade. i may or may not be on a baking binge (today was two batches of scones—lemon cranberry and then just lemon) oh, and coffee (i'll take it black if i HAVE to, but preferably w/milk or cream or a fancy creamer for a treat or a gourmet espresso drink). or hot cocoa, especially made on the stove with real cocoa powder. but i'm not picky. oh, chocolate.
    i agree, plants are really cool. so MANY variations and species and all that. it's hard to wrap my head around.
    as for the poem, i don't exactly know what it means, but i like how it sounds. but i liked the last two lines. they feel mysterious with a hint of a warning thrown in. like words are only eternal until tomorrow, because we're not guaranteed tomorrow kind of thing. idk. anyway, i'd bettet get some sleep. what are your thoughts on coffee/tea/cocoa? pastries and baked goods?

and your bio is actually pretty aesthetic, just saying. you're not a monster for the cereal thing! i don't really like cereal actually, so...
    also, this botany thing! that's awesome. i have a close friend who also wants to be a botanist. he's very science-minded, analytical, likes to think and be in nature. where would you want to study botany? (not the college, i mean, but, like... rainforests? east coast? rocky mtns? redwood forests? southwest deserts? thailand? australia? tropical? the sahel? that sort of thing.)

ahhhh wow. they are so sweet but powerful together.
    Re: thanks so much for the comment on my piece "my best friend, erin!" it always helps. and yeah, i actually hadn't heard of ambivert until i saw someone's profile on here. introverted extrovert just seemed to fit me better anyway

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: XD XD XD Wow, really? Yeah I bet that’s hard to spend your free time on.......... but I do that kind of thing too! Well I’m glad you’re doing pretty well! :)

• Malkiboy

Do you know when you'll be able to review my piece? I can review yours and you can review mine.

Re- OoOOoo I see that you have changed the title to this and I love it! That might be true about the competition tho and I know deleting your hard work can be such a pain. But you got this like there are still 4 more days to complete it! You can change a lot and if you need help in anything just let me know (Even tho I suck at writing advice)!!

• Coeur

Reply: Wow, thanks!! Actually, if you could review my draft "Nothing Happens in Small Towns" that'd be great. I want to submit that for the prompt, so I'd rather get more reviews on that.