JustAnotherDarling

...departed sometime in the autumn...
should you ever need a friend, find me on Wattpad under the same username or at my Instagram: @almostttaesthetic

all my love, and then some more,
JustAnotherDarling

uhm idk y but i just feel like i sorta hv to explain the one line bc my parents didnt get it all and now im afraid no one will

"the mirror is her home".... i got inspired by the saying "home is where the heart is", and by that logic(? is the word logic? idk), i wanted to show how the only thing she loves, the place where her heart belongs, is the mirror

anYwaYs i suppose i'm just ranting...
i hope y'all are having a stupendous day/night!!
all my love <3333

(any feedback is highly appreciated)

She Is Narcissus

21

"Who is she?"

she's Narcissus, my dear.
with her pinky, pouty lips
those long, luscious lashes
and that hair that glows gold in the sun

the mirror is her home

watch! she sits by the lake 
in the very same spot
she carefully brushes aside the rosey cherry blossoms in the spring and the goldenrod leaves in the fall
such simple things cannot compete with her beauty

the mirror is her home

she's Narcissus, my dear.
with her dainty feet that glide with grace
those fingers whose every bend is pure calculated elegance
and that piercing stare that makes you melt in the depths of her crystal glass eyes

the mirror is her home

watch! it seems as though she always stares straight into your soul
as you continue to drone on
she doesn't hear a thing
she's captivated by the sight of her own beauty reflected in the orbs of your eyes

the mirror is her home

she's Narcissus, my dear.
beauty unmatched
attention unwavering
devotion unending

The name's Narcisuss, my dear. The mirror is my home.

1

• rainydayz

i’m speechless.

• Wisp

Hi JustAnotherDarling, we don't interact much, but I just wanted to say thank you to you. Recently I hit a milestone of 103 followers, and I wanted to extend my gratitude. Your support means so much and I am just overjoyed that you have stayed alongside my WtW journey for so long. It makes my day every time I see a notification from you, because I never would've thought that someone would stop and read my writing--let alone like and follow me for it! You truly gave me a gift to be proud of my writing, and that just means so much to me. I cannot thank you enough and I am so grateful that you have been on this journey with me. Truly, thank you.
    (Also, I'm doing a dust jacket, so if you have any questions, send them my way!)

• Wisp

I always love classic retellings of a Greek mythology, and you nailed it here Darling. The repetition and subtle tie in to the myth work so well and they just fit so perfectly together that I am simply blown away by it all. You recraft this tale in such a brilliant way and I am in awe by it. I love how you capture Narcisuss's idea of how beautiful she is, and you can just tell that she truly loves herself for all her beauty. It echoes within this piece and reverberates between each word and it holds it all together beautifully.

Re: Baahaha good luck with that... I might start craving it too but hey its friday XD

Re: Ahh as long as we can still have these convos about boba and songs I'm happyyyy
    ~Yep 4 cups of tea and boba will definitely make a human happy (If that doesn't make them happy they might not be human... XD) and boba ice cream bars are the BEST on the sweet side but just glorious augh
    and third thing - thanks so much for your comment on that piece it made my day <3

• Minvra

Re: Rick Riordan is definitely the most casual type of writer when it comes to characters. And the differences in character is so gradual I can't even notice it but then when I look back, I notice it.

Re: Yea...Daydreaming scenes is the best... anyywho, your writing was incredible on here, for what it's worth :) And ahhh Green tea and HONEYYYYY

• Huba Huba

RE: Thanks so much for the review! I've been struggling to make it more clear, but then again, clones and robots... they're all kind of similar with the sci-fi genre.
    And I love your spicing up :)

Wait so you're not planning on posting anymore?! On another note Mariposa is pretty good lol

• Minvra

I had and still have a Greek and Roman myth phase. I understand the "the mirror is my home".

• Huba Huba

Ps: I had this huge Greek mythology phase when I was in 4th grade.

• Huba Huba

This is interesting! I know the Narcissus Greek Mythology story, and I'm seeing that this poem is an interpretation of a female Narcissus, yet it's a beautiful one. I love poems that refer to Greek mythologies!

• Livsnjutare

re: awww, thank you! That means a lot!!

• Livsnjutare

Hi, sorry it took long but i finally published chapter 2 of the F5 catastrophe!

Re: Lol don't be like that of course I read your pieces they're aMAHzing :)

re: as for Under Grey Skies, I wasn't super specific as to what time period it was set in--i was kinda feeling something like early 1900s, or something? not really sure. As for why she was taken, again, i wasn't SUPER specific, so i might edit that, but my idea was this was set in kind of a dystopian version of France, and the government wanted to portray a good image, so whenever anyone messed up, they would just... disappear. so like, if you were homeless, if you didn't follow the rules, stuff like that. That's why Dominique was so worried--just interacting with Jacqueline in a way that was more than just business wasn't allowed. does that kinda make sense? maybe?

okay first of all, this piece is awesome, seriously how have i not liked this yet... ?!

re: you know, that makes sense that you feel closer... I think this is one of the most... idk heartfelt pieces i've written. like, i feel like in a lot of my other writing i'm almost... trying to be a certain way? maybe? but that poem was really just... me. if that makes sense.
    your support means so much to me, i really appreciate it <33 haha coffee vs tea, you say? tea. coffee makes me super jittery. what about you?
    I'm so glad you liked my poem <3 :)

re: why of course you can name your character miriam! haha! and thank you-- i adore your comments too! <3

• pyrrhic

re: thank you so much! that's kind of what i was going for with the death character. like really creepy, but seemingly inviting. i don't really know how to explain it, but i was trying to convey those feelings. i'm glad you like my interpretation of your piece! ;)

• psithurism

re: Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my piece! I hope you have a great day!

• Abigail Faith

Re: lol! I'll have to write out the whole backstory in the form of a story sometime, since everyone is so curious!! (Hmm... I might actually do that...) Lol! Thanks so much :)

• Abigail Faith

re: Oh ok!! I got it! I'm so glad it made your day!! That just made my day!! :) :) :)

wow. i love this so much! like other people have said, the flow is amazing and the repetition, too. and yeah like abby i agree this could totally be a song/ epic story. i know the original narcissus is. haha. well this is beautiful. keep writing darling! <3

• WordsSpeakLouder

I love this. From the way it flows, to the repetition of the "She is Narcissus" and "The mirror is her home" which helps to remind the reader of the comparison being made.

• Abigail Faith

Ahhh! Thank you SO much for the review!! You are so sweet!! Also, you weren't nit-picky at all! I was so so glad that you pointed out those grammar mistakes! I think that's honestly the HARDEST thing about writing for me... so I'm glad you helped me with that!! Thank you so so much!!!!! :)

• dead account

re: idk m8 lol

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

gorgeous. and what abby.a said, too. like this could be a legend they tell somewhere. a song they sing to tell a story. and the whole thing just glides gracefully.

Woah. Too bad I can't come up with a sweet comment like you put on my piece lol. The alliteration is soo good <3

• Abigail Faith

The words dance on the page!! This is beautiful! Stunning imagery! :)

• pyrrhic

the way this is written almost sounds like a song from some sort of fantasy world written about her. does that make sense? idk. but it's beautiful nonetheless.

I love the symbolism with the flower name! You really bring this character to life!
    Re: Sorry, I don't listen to much [any] mainstream music so forgive me if I don't know any artists, lol. Will check that song out though.