psithurism

she/her | christian
violist | nemophilist
est. 10/21/2020

on an unintentional semi-hiatus

I'm taking any and all suggestions. I'm not very confident in my work at the moment, and I'm trying to improve as much as I can.

Spinners

17
Your webs of words
Are spun with gold
Lined with stars
So grand and so bold

Enchanting and vague
No fly would be able
No matter how hard it tried
To escape your gilded fable

I am another Spinner
Though I'm not as strong
My webs are plain
And I cannot spin as long

Tangled and messy
My webs are not spun with gold
They are not lined with stars
And they are not grand or bold

I reside in the shadows
Where my webs are seen by few
I don't think they've ever been seen
By Spinners as talented as you

Sometimes I wish
I could watch you work
But I only see the finished product
Because I wait and lurk

If I ever came and tapped your web
You would surely know
You might come and see my webs
But my words I'd rather not show

You would surely see their plainness
You might even take pity
Because compared to mine
Your webs are beyond more than pretty

So I will spin more webs
And view yours from afar
I will work towards the day
My webs are as beautiful as yours are

Is it fun to keep scrolling all the way down here?
    Yes, yes it is.
    RE: Ohhhh how interesting. And awww yay- I don’t want you to disappear on me Psi! Hahaha, I love the “~” thingys, there’s just something so real about them. Ok that makes no sense but I feel like I could actually hear you saying vibe and like doing a wave motion with your hand in that teenager way where they know they’re being cringy. Loll again, that probably makes no sense but haha, anywayyyy,
    Awesome! Uh, kind of, it doesn’t have to be your full computer (so you can sign in normally). But I guess that little page where you would be able to add more accounts in, if you go there and make sure all the Google accounts you use are signed out and you open the link, then it should say anonymous. Here’s the website I found that info on cause the way they word it probably makes a lot more sense loll,
    https://bdtechtalks.com/2019/03/18/google-docs-link-sharing-identity-privacy/
    Ooh and here’s the link for the first chapter.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JwyaX0wTRBf6De6z8f__TTBoLT2n13jdZeSPOEmGtwY/edit?usp=sharing

Noooo stop this is so beautiful, how can this be your first piece on WTW? It's so polished, and stop, I can't even take your message to writer seriously. Psi, this is gorgeous!
    RE: Aw that’s totally ok and aww thank you so much! Ok, so I did a bit of snooping and I found out that I can share a doc link with you (I’ll put it on a really old post like this and then delete it after you’ve copied it to notes or something cause we love feeling like spies hehe) and if you log out of all your accounts and just use Docs as a guest, you can edit and make suggestions and everything without me knowing your email. It’ll just say anonymous! Let me know if that’s something you would be interested in doing and no worries if it sounds a bit much <3

• pyrrhic

re: hello

• AstroWriter

Ah goo!

• Aconite

this is really pretty
    symbolism is cool too

• Livsnjutare

I really love this poem! Also, be confident in yourself! You shouldn't doubt your amazing abilities to write, you write with beautiful details and use your words in such creative ways.
    You are a great writer!!
    :D

• wil

re: sure! use it as a prompt; it would be cool to see other people's opinions of their future wives/husbands

I love the rhyming! It's such a beautiful piece! The word choice is simply lovely, and I love the symbolism of the webs.

This is so amazing!!! Wow!

• wil

This is so cool. I like the metaphor between spinning stories and webs.
    Re: my brother and I collected a lot of LOTR lego sets before they went out of stock. We have some star wars stuff too.

• Huba Huba

This is like... such a beautiful poem. I find it ironic how you say in the beginning of the poem that your "webs are plain," but this web of a poem is so meaningful!
    I'm giving you a follow, your writing is awesome!

• JustAnotherDarling

umm WOW!!! "No fly would be able
    No matter how hard it tried
    To escape your gilded fable"
    it's kinda weird to call myself a fly, but you've definitely trapped me in this mesmerizing tangle of words <33
    (and i think you're a wondrous writer :)

wOAH THIS IS AMAZING!!! Seriously, I think this might be my favorite of your poems... wow. I love the imagery and power and emotion in this. You, kiwi, spin beautiful webs of words. This is wonderful. <333

• pyrrhic

DUDE you're literally so good!!! "Tangled and messy/My webs are not spun with gold/They are not lined with stars/And they are not grand or bold" I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!! it really captivated me and drew me into the piece. you should be confident!

• Lilyaa

My dude, you should be confident in your work! Your writing is so good! <33

• Love, Rose

cute