Starlitskies

Sri Lanka

She/Her
17
INTJ
Reader and Writer
Feminist
Coder

Go check out my WtW twin sister Zirong! She's amazing!

Scribble Chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :) and em wilder.

est. 26 Oct 2020

I started writing this a couple of weeks back and got a little too invested. So, here's my November prompt response, two days into December. Enjoy!
P.S. - For the Marvel fans who are wondering where she was when Thanos attacked... She was having really bad writer's block. It seems it happens to the best of us. :)

Of Everything Unsaid

She is the goddess of everything unsaid. Of words that gather at the tip of your tongue to be drawn back, to the depths of your mind. Of words you whisper in your lover’s ear as he kisses your neck in the depths of the night. Of words sung to the rhythms. Of words flung to the heavens. Of words written. Of words battled. Of words bled. 

She is Iva.

She is the goddess dressed in a paper gown. Watch the words pool on her fabric folds. Words in cursive, words struck out, words that beg to be seen. Watch them blend across her bosom, watch them fuse around her waist, watch them flow down her legs
 in hues of blue.

She is Iva.

She is the goddess who wields a sword. A sword of words she masterfully handles. She draws it across the sky and the people drop to their knees, she draws it across the page and behold, there lies a thousand poems of pure perfection, a thousand metaphors of mesmeric magnificence, a thousand rhymes of ringing rhythms. All with a single flourish.

She is Iva.

She is the goddess who asks us to burn. Asks us to burn fruit for her? No. Asks us to burn words for her, to burn the parts of ourselves we put onto paper, to burn the most poetic prose we’ve ever penned, the most beautiful word we ever wrote, the most wonderful metaphor we ever thought, and when the paper burns and the flames burn blue as the ink seeps through, asks us to whisper her name. 

She is Iva.

She is the goddess of indifference. But, do not for a moment think she be an angel. For if it took a war to craft the perfect word, she would wage a war. For if it took a dying breath to call forth the most breathtaking sentence, she would take yours ever so gladly. For if it took a world to form the flawless song, she would softly sing us to death. She would do so.

She is Iva.

And those flames licking at her rosy feet? They're not burning her, they're dancing to her voice. Beware if she offers to sing for you, for she'll sing you to sleep forever.

She is Iva.

Drop your quills and fall to your knees and bite your lip when you dare say her name.

For she is Iva, the goddess of words.
Prompt: Marvel hires you to design a new comic based on a mythical god/goddess of your creation. What god/goddess do you dream up? What form(s) do they take? What do they do?

Tried my hand at poetic prose. Honestly don't know if its any good. The word 'word' comes from the sanskrit word 'Vaarthai'. So I used the letters in that to create 'Iva'. I may have accidently made her sound evil. Oh well! :)

• December 3, 2020 - 12:14am (Now Viewing)

• Zirong

This is just MARVELLOUS!

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Re: Thanks!!! I hope Iva answers my prayers! :)

• Odysseus

Patron saint of writers! Love this desperately... maybe you could do a series?? One for the god of truths, another for the goddess of song?? Anyways, I LOVE IT!

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I adore this! The descriptions.... Just breathtaking. I am totally speechless!!! I enjoyed the repitition of: Iva. I love th lines:
    "Drop your quills and fall to your knees and bite your lip when you dare say her name."
    "Of words you whisper in your lover’s ear as he kisses your neck in the depths of the night. Of words sung to the rhythms. Of words flung to the heavens. Of words written. Of words battled. Of words bled. "
    "For if it took a dying breath to call forth the most breathtaking sentence, she would take yours ever so gladly. "
    It was just wonderfully written. I shall call on Iva when trying to write my next pieces. I need her help!

• AliMuscles04

I love this!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: yess! Thank you so much! Your comment means a lot to me! Aw, that is so cool! It’s nice to meet you! I’m Eden! :)

• A Certain Type of Decisive

Fictional? Yes. Evil? Maybe. But does that mean I won't start a new religion around your character? Absolute not. All hail Iva.

• sci-Fi

Re: Thanks! I'm not sure when they're supposed to come out, since I didn't submit for expert review, but I say just wait a little.

• sci-Fi

omg the imagery... inredible. This is amazing.

Re: Thanks!! And of course you can call me Fi!

oh gosh the imagery in this is BEAUTIFUL! I loved each word of this!!

Re: Thank you so much!! Omigosh I'm grinning like an idiot rn. And I'm sure your review is great.

• woven_moth

Oh I love this! The imagery was immaculate, very nice. I kind of want to draw her, not gonna lie